Thread: Joke of the Day

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Re: Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Good job I didn't go in to fix that copier, do I look like a repairman

I would say, not even a little.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

May have posted this one before - sorry if it's a rerun, but still good for a laugh.

Tools Explained

DRILL PRESS:

A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL
    :

Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, "Oh, sh*t!"

SKIL SAW:

A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS:

Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER:

An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW
    :

One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle ... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS:

Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH:

Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW:

A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK:

Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW:

A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST
    :

A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER:

Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER:

A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR:

A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER:

A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER:

Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent to the object we are trying to hit usually smashing the thumb that is holding the object that you are trying to pound into whatever it is that you are working on effectively eliminating the need for manicure care on that thumbnail for weeks. See: Son of a b*tch TOOL.

UTILITY KNIFE:

Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

Son of a b*tch TOOL
    :

Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling, "Son of a b*tch" at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

73 DE W5SSJ

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Proudly showing off his newly-leased downtown Pretoria apartment to a couple of friends late one night after a rugby game,
    drunk Dave led the way to his bedroom where there was a big brass gong hanging on the wall.

'What's that big brass gong for?' one of the friend's asked.

'Issss nod a gong. Issss a talking Australian clock' Dave drunkenly replied.

'A talking Australian clock - seriously?'

'Yup.' 'Hmmm (hic).'

'How's it work?' the second friend asked, squinting at it.

'Just watch' he said.

He picked up a hammer, gave the gong an 'ear-shattering bash' and stepped back.

His three mates stood looking at one another for a moment in astounded silence.

Suddenly, an Australian voice from the other side of the wall screamed,

'For f*&k's sake, you stupid idiot. It's ten past three in the morning!!!
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

How to tell time in Italian

http://youtu.be/mHyRCeKxhss

"You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

A new sales assistant was hired at a large department store. On his first day, the sales manager took him around to show him the ropes. They were passing by the gardening section, when they heard a customer asking for grass seed. The sales manager stepped in.Sales manager: Excuse me, but will you be needing a hose to water your lawn?
    Customer : I guess so. I'll take one.
    Sales manager: And how about some fertilizer and weed-killer?
    Customer : Um, okay.
    Sales manager: Here's a couple of bags. You'll also need a lawn mower to cut the grass when it starts growing too long.
    Customer : I'll take one of those too.
    After the customer left, the sales manager turned to the assistant. "You see?" he said, "that's the way to make a good sale. Always sell more than what the customer originally came in for."
    Impressed, the assistant headed off for the pharmaceutical section, where he was to work. Soon, a man strolled in.
    Man: I'd like to buy a pack of Tampax, please.
    Sales assistant: Sure, and would you like to buy a lawn mower too?
    Man: Why would I want to do that?
    Sales assistant: Well, your weekend's shot to hell anyway, so you might as well mow the lawn.

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

A tech and a salesman were moving things in the shop and unblocked a door to an unused closet.

When they opened it there was a very old copier covered up. The tech plugged it in to see if it worked and when he turned it on, colorful smoke came out and a genie appeared.

The genie told them that they get 3 wishes and they instantly started to argue as to what to wish for.

After a few minutes of this, the genie decided to give each of them 3 wishes, but with a catch. One of them got to make the wishes, and the other would get double what the first one wished for.

Being greedy, the salesman insisted the tech make the wishes, so that he would get more.

First the tech wished for $10,000,000. OK, said the genie, the salesman gets $20,000,000.

Fine said the tech, I want a mansion on a tropical island. Great said the genie, he gets 2, what's next?

The tech thought for a second and said "For my final wish, I would like to donate a kidney for transplant"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Mamma Mia!

Hans

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

"The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Cookies for men...
    ManCookies.jpg
    73 DE W5SSJ

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

The other day I was telling a woman at the bar I could guess the day she was born by the feel of her breasts.
    "Really?" She said, "Go on then, try". After about 30 seconds of fondling, she lost patience and demanded "Come on, what day was I born?"

"Yesterday" I replied.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?