Thread: Joke of the Day

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Re: Joke of the Day

A man who'd just died is delivered to the local mortuary and he's wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit.
    The mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed, pointing out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing.
    The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit. She gives the mortician a blank check and says, 'I don't care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.'

The woman returns the next day and to her delight, she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly.

She says to the mortician, 'Whatever this cost, I'm very satisfied.. You did an excellent job and I'm very grateful. How much did you spend?'

To her astonishment, the mortician presents her with the blank check, 'There's no charge.'
    'No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit,' she says.
    'Honestly, ma'am,' the mortician says, 'it cost nothing. You see, a deceased gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I asked his wife if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit instead, and she said it made no difference as long as he looked nice.

'
    'So I just switched the heads.'
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Joke of the Day

The maid asked for a raise, and the wife was upset.
    She asked, "Now, Helen, why do you think you deserve a pay increase?"

Helen: "There are three reasons. The first is that I iron better than you."

Wife: "Who said that?"

Helen: "Your husband."

Wife: "Oh."

Helen: "The second reason is that I am a better cook than you."

Wife: "Who said that?"

Helen: "Your husband."

Wife: "Oh."

Helen: "The third reason is that I am better at sex than you."

Wife: "Did my husband say that as well?"

Helen: "No, the gardener did."

Wife: "So, how much do you want?"

Joke of the Day

An Englishman, a Frenchman, a ravishing blond and a homely brunette are sharing a compartment on a train as it winds its way through the Alps. Every now and then the train passes through a tunnel, during which time the compartment is plunged into complete darkness. On one such occasion, a ringing slap is heard and as the train passes back into daylight, the Frenchman is rubbing his sore, red cheek.

The brunette thinks 'I bet that dirty Frenchman fondled the blonde and she struck the pervert.'
    The blonde thinks 'I bet that filthy Frenchman was looking to grope me in the dark, mistook the dowdy brunette for me and she slapped the beast.'
    The Frenchman thinks 'I bet that perfidious Englishman touched up the blonde in the dark and she slapped me by mistake.'
    The Englishman thinks 'I can't wait for another tunnel so I can slap that French twat again.'

Joke of the Day

There are 3 Spies that get captured. One spy is French, one is German and the other is Italian. Their captors come into the cell and grab the French spy and tie his hands behind a chair in the next room. They torture him for 2 hours before he answers all questions and gives up all of his secrets. The captors throw the French spy back into the cell and grab the German spy. They tie his hands behind the chair as well and torture him for 4 hours before he tells them what they want to know. They throw him back into the cell and grab the Italian spy. They tie his hands behind the chair and begin torturing. 4 hours go by and the spy isn't talking. Then 8 hours, then 16 and after 24 hours they give up and throw him back into the cell. The German and French spy are impressed and ask him how he managed to not talk. The Italian spy responds, " I wanted to!, but I couldn't move my hands!".

As my way of apologizing for not updating with jokes very often for the last few weeks, I've thrown together a bunch of other good jokes I've found on the vast interwebs that caused me to chuckle heartily.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

23 ADULT TRUTHS ******

1 Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
    (CTN has that with the "Strike Through")

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?I need to know this.

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind-of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty, but Jeans? Jeans never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

"You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Joke of the Day

The result of making copies from copies ....
    The new monk is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies,
    not from the original manuscript.

So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up!

In fact,that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says: "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son"

Then, he goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery
    where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.
    Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him.

He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.
    "We missed the R!"
    "We missed the R!!"
    "We missed the damn R!!!"
    His forehead is all bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.

The young monk asks the old abbot: "What's wrong, father?"
    With a choking voice, the old abbot replies: "The word was...

CELEB
    RATE"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    The result of making copies from copies ....
    The new monk is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies,
    not from the original manuscript.

So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up!

In fact,that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says: "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son"

Then, he goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery
    where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.
    Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him.

He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.
    "We missed the R!"
    "We missed the R!!"
    "We missed the damn R!!!"
    His forehead is all bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.

The young monk asks the old abbot: "What's wrong, father?"
    With a choking voice, the old abbot replies: "The word was...

CELEB
    RATE"

2 weeks later they found the second problem.

The requirement to test young Toys, not Boys.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

man and wife were sitting at the bar in the local pub and the husband said i must go to the gents.

when he got back his wife was crying ,whats up he said to her.
    see that bloke over there when you went to the gents he came over to me and said he would like to turn me upside down fill me full of beer and drink it to the last drop.
    oh said her husband and carried on drinking his beer.
    arnt you going to do something said his wife.
    he said there is no way i am picking a fight with a man who can drink that much beer.

Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by blsquires View Post
    man and wife were sitting at the bar in the local pub and the husband said i must go to the gents.

when he got back his wife was crying ,whats up he said to her.
    see that bloke over there when you went to the gents he came over to me and said he would like to turn me upside down fill me full of beer and drink it to the last drop.
    oh said her husband and carried on drinking his beer.
    arnt you going to do something said his wife.
    he said there is no way i am picking a fight with a man who can drink that much beer.
    He is going to be in soooo much trouble.

Joke of the Day

A lost dog strays into a jungle. A lion sees this from a distance and says with caution "this guy looks edible, never seen his kind before". So the lion starts rushing towards the dog with menace. The dog notices and starts to panic but as he's about to run he sees some bones next to him and gets an idea and says loudly "mmm...that was some good lion meat!". The lion abruptly stops and says " woah! This guy seems tougher then he looks, I better leave while I can". Over by the tree top, a monkey witnessed everything. Evidently, the monkey realizes the he can benefit from this situation by telling the lion and getting something in return. So the monkey proceeds to tell the lion what really happened and the lion says angrily "get on my back, we'll get him together". So they start rushing back to the dog. The dog sees them and realized what happened and starts to panic even more. He then gets another idea and shouts "where the hell is that monkey! I told him to bring me another lion an hour ago..."