Thread: Joke of the Day

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Re: Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    A little late, but here's Dave Barry's 2013 gift guide, based on products you can actually purchase:
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/2...ift-guide.html
    Pretty funny stuff, but firefox spams the hell out of you on this web site...
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Pretty funny stuff, but firefox spams the hell out of you on this web site...
    Sorry about that, I guess with the Adblock Plus and NoScript Firefox add ons I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Don’t Paint The Porch

A young blonde girl in her late teens, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire herself out as a "handy woman" and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood.

She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.

"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint the porch" he said. "How much will you charge me?"

Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told her that the paint and brushes and everything she would need were in the garage.

The man's wife, hearing the conversation, said to her husband, "Does she realize our porch goes all the way around the house?"

"That's a bit cynical, isn't it?" he responded. The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes."

A few hours later the blonde came to the door to collect her money. "You're finished already??" the startled husband asked.

"Yes," the blonde replied, "and I even had paint left over so I gave it two coats."

Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50 and handed it to her along with a $10 tip.

"Thank you," the blonde said, "And, by the way, it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus."

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Not sure if this was posted already but here is another blonde joke:

Why is a dumb blonde secretary like a copier?............you don't appreciate them until they "go down on you".

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

A man was sitting at home and a police officer knocked on his door. The officer asks him if he is married and the man replies, "Yes I am."
    He then asks him if he has a recent picture of his wife. "Sure hold on a second."
    The officer looks at the picture, and in a sad voice says, "I'm sorry, but it looks like your wife has been hit by a train."
    The man says, "I know, but she has a good personality and is an excellent cook."
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    A Wife's Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird.

We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner.

I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was

upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere

quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much.

I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing.'

I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me,

and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him.

He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior.

I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely,

as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant

and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed.

About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was

distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.

He fell asleep; I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his

thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

Husband's Diary:

A Stupid' two-foot putt... who in the world misses a two-foot putt??
    Brian, I was going to post this very same joke (with a different punch line), but you beat me to it. My version's punchline under Husbands Diary : Boat motor won't start, can't figure out why.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Talking Re: Joke of the Day

Truths for Mature Humans

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
    2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
    3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
    4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
    5. How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
    6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
    7. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
    8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
    9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
    10. Bad decisions make good stories.
    11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
    12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection... again.
    13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
    14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.
    15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?) but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice-mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
    16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
    17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
    18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
    19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night, more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
    20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
    21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
    22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
    23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
    24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
    25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
    26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong brothers and sisters!
    27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
    28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
    29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
    30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
    31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
    32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet anything everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    Brian, I was going to post this very same joke (with a different punch line), but you beat me to it. My version's punchline under Husbands Diary : Boat motor won't start, can't figure out why.....
    With loads of biker friends, I know it as motor bike won't start...
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    Truths for Mature Humans

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
    2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
    3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
    4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
    5. How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
    6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
    7. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
    8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
    9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
    10. Bad decisions make good stories.
    11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
    12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection... again.
    13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
    14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.
    15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?) but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice-mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
    16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
    17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
    18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
    19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night, more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
    20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
    21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
    22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
    23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
    24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
    25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
    26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong brothers and sisters!
    27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
    28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
    29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
    30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
    31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
    32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet anything everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
    I sat there grinning, and nodding in agreement at just about every single one of those
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

I thought my son would like that I bought him a trampoline... But no, he just wants to sit and cry in his wheelchair.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?