Thread: Joke of the Day

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Re: Joke of the Day

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic. And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, 'You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic.'

Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood. The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted 'You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish.'
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    This almost made me choke, so funny, but totally wrong, i can park a car far better than most men...or women lol
    In typical fashion Debs, you're the exception to the rule.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

This almost made me choke, so funny, but totally wrong, i can park a car far better than most men...or women lol
    Through my life, I have noticed that those women who are bad drivers and cannot parallel park a car were taught how to drive by their husband. Those who took a driver training either through their high school or a commercial driving school are very good drivers. Most insurance companies charge a higher for male drivers under the age of 25 but not for female drivers. Male drivers under 25 tend to be reckless and try to show off.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

"The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Through my life, I have noticed that those women who are bad drivers and cannot parallel park a car were taught how to drive by their husband. Those who took a driver training either through their high school or a commercial driving school are very good drivers. Most insurance companies charge a higher for male drivers under the age of 25 but not for female drivers. Male drivers under 25 tend to be reckless and try to show off.
    I learnt to drive using a driving school, but back in those days parallel parking wasn't taught, I was hopeless at it, probably worse than hopeless. It was hubby #1 who taught me to park; one of my proudest moments was when a neighbour knocked to tell me that someone had blocked my car in...I had parked in that space
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

I learnt to drive using a driving school, but back in those days parallel parking wasn't taught, I was hopeless at it, probably worse than hopeless. It was hubby #1 who taught me to park; one of my proudest moments was when a neighbour knocked to tell me that someone had blocked my car in...I had parked in that space
    Here in Bugaha the city has thrown a new curve to parking. Now we have diagonal parking that requires you to "back in" or get a ticket........ very challenging for some of both sexes......................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Here in Bugaha the city has thrown a new curve to parking. Now we have diagonal parking that requires you to "back in" or get a ticket........ very challenging for some of both sexes......................
    I can understand the reason, fewer accidents occur while backing into parking spaces than backing out. The only problem I can see is implementing. To implement such a law here where we have a number two way streets with angle parking. To implement such a law they would have to repaint all the divider lines between parking spaces. For one way streets, the direction of traffic flow could be reversed, but that could cause some confusion.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Seriously (surprise!!)
    Reverse angle parking is quite common in a lot of Aussie cities...
    Bit of worldly trivia....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Mother & daughter are on a plane. Daughter asks mother, "Mommy, if big dogs have baby dogs & big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?"
    The mother stumbled and didn't have an answer for that one so she desperately looks around and replies, "I don't know sweetie, why don't you go ask that nice flight attendant, I'm sure she'll have an answer."
    So the little girl goes up the the flight attendant and asks, "If big dogs have baby dogs & big cats have baby cats, then why don't big planes have baby planes?"
    Immediately the flight attendant is suspicious, "Did your mother tell you to come over here and ask me that?"... "Yep", answers the little girl.
    So the flight attendant thinks on it for a few seconds then kneels down to the daughters level.
    "You go over there and you tell your mother it's because Southwest Airlines always pulls out on time."
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

My life would have been so much simpler if only I was a praying mantis

praying mantis.jpg
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't