Re: Joke of the Day

A young farm couple, Homer and
    Darlene, got married and just couldn't
    seem to get enough lovin'.

In the morning, before Homer left the house for the fields, they
    made love. When Homer came back from the fields, they made love. And again
    at bedtime, they made love.

The problem was their nooner: it took Homer a half hour to travel
    home and another half hour to return to the fields and he just wasn't getting
    enough work done.

Finally Homer asked the town doctor what to do.
    "Homer," said the doctor,
    "just take your rifle out to the fields with you and when you're in the mood,
    fire off a shot into the air. That will be Darlene's signal to come out to
    you. Then you won't lose any field time."
    They tried Doc's advice and it worked well for a while until one day, when Homer came back to the doctor's office.

"What's wrong?" asked the Doc. "Didn't my idea work?"
    "Oh, it worked good," said Homer. "Whenever I was in the mood, I fired off a shot like you said and Darlene'd come runnin'. We'd find a secluded place, make love, and then she'd go back home agin."
    "Good, Homer. So what's the problem?" asked the Doc.

"I ain't seen her since huntin' season started!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts izzynut's Avatar

TELL ME THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO US!

An elderly Floridian called 911 on his cell phone to report that his car has been broken into.
    He is hysterical as he explains his situation to the dispatcher
    "They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel, the brake pedal and even the accelerator!" he cried.
    The dispatcher said, "Stay calm... An officer is on the way."
    A few minutes later, the officer radios in "Disregard." he says
    "He got in the back-seat by mistake."

______________________________ ______________________________

Three sisters, ages 92, 94 and 96, live in a house together.
    One night the 96-year-old draws a bath.
    She puts her foot in and pauses.
    She yells to the other sisters, 'Was I getting in or out of the bath?'
    The 94-year-old yells back, 'I don't know. I'll come up and see'
    She starts up the stairs and pauses 'Was I going up the stairs or down?
    The 92-year-old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her sisters,
    she shakes her head and says, 'I sure hope I never get that forgetful, knock on wood...'
    She then yells, 'I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door'

'I CAN HEAR JUST FINE!'

Three retirees, each with a hearing loss, were playing golf one fine March day.
    One remarked to the other, 'Windy, isn't it?'
    'No,' the second man replied, 'it's Thursday'
    And the third man chimed in, 'So am I. Let's have a beer.'

A little old lady was running up and down the halls in a nursing home.
    As she walked, she would flip up the hem of her nightgown and say 'Supersex'
    She walked up to an elderly man in a wheelchair...
    Flipping her gown at him, she said, 'Supersex...'
    He sat silently for a moment or two and finally answered, 'I'll take the soup.'

______________________________ ___________________________

Two elderly gentlemen had been friends for many decades.
    Over the years, they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures.
    Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards..
    One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, 'Now don't get mad at me .....
    I know we've been friends for a long time, but I just can't think of your name!
    I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is....
    His friend stared at him for at least three minutes -- he just stared and stared at him.
    Finally, he said, 'How soon do you need to know?'

TELL ME THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO US!!!!

SENIOR DRIVING

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang.
    Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, 'Herman, I just
    heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on Interstate 77.
    Please be careful!'
    'Heck,' said Herman, 'It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!'

TELL ME THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO US !!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

An English man and an Irish man are driving head on , at night, on a twisty, dark road.
    Both are driving too fast for the conditions and collide on a sharp bend in the road.
    To the amazement of both, they are unscathed, though their cars are both destroyed.
    In celebration of their luck, both agree to put aside their dislike for the other from that moment on.
    At this point, the Englishman goes to the boot and fetches a 12 year old bottle of whisky. He hands the bottle to the Irish man, whom exclaims,'' may the Irish and the English live together forever, in peace, and harmony.''
    The Irish man then tips the bottle and gulps half of the bottle down. Still flabbergasted over the whole thing, he goes to hand the bottle to the Englishman, whom replies: '' No thanks, I'll just wait till the Police get here!''
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

One day an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together.

They each bought a pint of Guinness.

Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage, three flies landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick head.

The Englishman pushed his beer away in disgust.

The Scotsman fished the fly out of his beer, and continued drinking it, as if nothing had happened.

The Irishman, too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer, and started yelling, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT YOU BAS**RD!!!!"
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Hi Slim, can you post a URL along with the image, I only see an empty blank post, nothing else.
    The above is the same with many of the images you post.

I can see all of your pictures if I use my mobile phone browser....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Hi Slim, can you post a URL along with the image, I only see an empty blank post, nothing else.
    The above is the same with many of the images you post.

I can see all of your pictures if I use my mobile phone browser....
    All of the images I post are from either Facebook or MeWe. Find me on Facebook, tim.danforth.54 Some of my Facebook friends in gwaddle and debs1964.

New York divorce lawyer died and arrived at the pearly gates.

Saint Peter asks him "What have you done to merit entrance into Heaven?"

The Lawyer thought a moment, then said, "A week ago, I gave a quarter to a homeless person on the street."

Saint Peter asked Gabriel to check this out in the record, and after a moment Gabriel affirmed that this was true.

Saint Peter said, "Well , that's fine, but it's not really quite enough to get you into Heaven."

The Lawyer said, "Wait Wait! There's more! Three years ago I also gave a homeless person a quarter."

Saint Peter nodded to Gabriel, who after a moment nodded back, affirming this, too, had been verified.

Saint Peter then whispered to Gabriel, "Well, what do you suggest we do with this fellow?"

Gabriel gave the Lawyer a sidelong glance, then said to Saint Peter,

"Let's give him back his 50 cents and tell him to go to Hell."

A rather old fashioned lady was planning a couple of weeks vacation in Florida. She also was quite delicate and elegant with her language. She wrote a letter to a particular campground and asked for reservations. She wanted to make sure the campground was fully equipped but didn't know quite how to ask about the "toilet" facilities. She just couldn't bring herself to write the word "toilet" in her letter.

After much deliberation, she finally came up with the old fashioned term "Bathroom Commode," but when she wrote that down, she still thought she was being too forward. So she started all over again; rewrote the entire letter and referred to the "Bathroom Commode" simply as the "B.C.". Does the campground have its own "B.C.?" is what she actually wrote.

Well, the campground owner wasn't old fashioned at all, and when he got the letter, he couldn't figure out what the lady was talking about. That "B.C." really stumped him.

After worrying about it for several days, he showed the letter to other campers, but they couldn't figure out what the lady meant either. The campground owner finally came to the conclusion that the lady was and must be asking about the location of the local Baptist Church.

So he sat down and wrote the following reply:

"Dear Madam:

I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take pleasure of informing in that the "B.C." is located nine miles north of the camp site and is capable of seating 250 people at one time. I admit it is quite a distance way if you are in the habit of going regularly but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along, and make a day of it..... They usually arrive early and stay late.

The last time my wife and I went was six years ago, and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there. It may interest you to know that right now, there is a supper planned to raise money to buy more seats.....They plan to hold the supper in the middle of the B.C., so everyone can watch and talk about this great event.....

I would like to say it pains me very much, not to be able to go more regularly, but it is surely not for lack of desire on my part....As we grow older, it seems to be more and more of an effort, particularly in cold weather..... If you decide to come down to the campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time you go...sit with you...and introduce you to all the other folks..... This is really a very friendly community.....

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Joke of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    A rather old fashioned lady was planning a couple of weeks vacation in Florida. She also was quite delicate and elegant with her language. She wrote a letter to a particular campground and asked for reservations. She wanted to make sure the campground was fully equipped but didn't know quite how to ask about the "toilet" facilities. She just couldn't bring herself to write the word "toilet" in her letter.

After much deliberation, she finally came up with the old fashioned term "Bathroom Commode," but when she wrote that down, she still thought she was being too forward. So she started all over again; rewrote the entire letter and referred to the "Bathroom Commode" simply as the "B.C.". Does the campground have its own "B.C.?" is what she actually wrote.

Well, the campground owner wasn't old fashioned at all, and when he got the letter, he couldn't figure out what the lady was talking about. That "B.C." really stumped him.

After worrying about it for several days, he showed the letter to other campers, but they couldn't figure out what the lady meant either. The campground owner finally came to the conclusion that the lady was and must be asking about the location of the local Baptist Church.

So he sat down and wrote the following reply:

"Dear Madam:

I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take pleasure of informing in that the "B.C." is located nine miles north of the camp site and is capable of seating 250 people at one time. I admit it is quite a distance way if you are in the habit of going regularly but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along, and make a day of it..... They usually arrive early and stay late.

The last time my wife and I went was six years ago, and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there. It may interest you to know that right now, there is a supper planned to raise money to buy more seats.....They plan to hold the supper in the middle of the B.C., so everyone can watch and talk about this great event.....

I would like to say it pains me very much, not to be able to go more regularly, but it is surely not for lack of desire on my part....As we grow older, it seems to be more and more of an effort, particularly in cold weather..... If you decide to come down to the campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time you go...sit with you...and introduce you to all the other folks..... This is really a very friendly community.....
    I've heard it before but instead of B.C., it used water closet - W.C. - Westminster Chapel.