Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

F*CK YOU -----EBAY AND PAYPAL!!!

Well I've had the last straw with Ebay and PayPal. I'm moving everything off of their sites and doing my own e-commerce site.

They are not a viable business option. They're horrible to both buyers and sellers. I have had so much bullshit to deal with as a seller over the years, all the while maintaining at least a 99% satisfactory rating on Ebay. I'm sick of their 21 day hold policies where they collect interest on my money.

But this last bit is the last straw. I was the buyer in this instance. I bought a lot of supplies from a guy and he shipped them media mail. They were 50+ toners. Toners don't count as media mail, which is a LOT cheaper to ship. So the post office won't release the packages until they get like $150 bucks extra in postage. The seller doesn't want to refund me money to pay the postage because he was a cheapass so I told the post office to send them back.

The seller is of course pissed because the postal service won't give him the toners back unless he pays them the extra postage. So in the meantime I'm out the supplies and I do a chargeback with the credit card company and I won...which was pretty easy because everything was well documented.

Well, PayPal is out the money because of the chargeback. Normally they'd go after the seller but apparently his account was frozen, and/or overdrawn and some other things he was bitching about.

So I'm now locked out of my PayPal account...I can only conclude because PayPal can't recoup their loss from the Seller so I think they want to go after me for the money which makes no sense. Thank God though that I didn't have any money sitting in my PayPal account.

Time to write the Ebay CEO and PayPal CEO f*cks a letter telling them why after over a decade I'm leaving their sh*tty services.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Re: F*CK YOU -----EBAY AND PAYPAL!!!

Ebay is fine for trinkets and crap like that. That people try to use them to support a business model is kinda telling of how savvy they are. Very much like seeing someone use a Yahoo/Hotmail/Google (or, god forbid, AOL) email addy as a business point of contact.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Bought a memory stick a while back, well a month ago to be precise 3 weeks in the post

Just got this reply to my email asking why it took so long

Hi,
    I am sorry to hear that it took so long, as a goodwill gesture I will refund you half the price of the order on the condition that you leave us positive feedback.
    I will process the refund now so please ensure that you leave us postive feedback with 5 stars on each of the star ratings.
    Hmm blackmail??

Gregg

I absolutely agree, just last month I sold a laser unit and a fuser from a parts machine. 100bucks. 3 weeks later they guy says the fuser was junk I said send it back and i'll refund the money, he refused and reported it to Paypal. they refunded his money and locked up my account for 3 weeks while They were "investigating" WTF? He sends this other fuser back in pieces and burnt to shit. Needless to say I had pictures and serial numbers to provide them with proving this Jag was a scam artist tech. Ive had over 500 positive transactions with paypal and just like that im a shady seller. If there was another way to do online transfer's id be there in a heartbeat.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Bought a memory stick a while back, well a month ago to be precise 3 weeks in the post

Just got this reply to my email asking why it took so long

Hmm blackmail??
    You should forward that email to eBay. He is in violation of eBay policy. Furthermore, let him process the refund and then DON'T leave positive feedback.

Paul