Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Yet Another Senior Moment

Quote Originally Posted by exit148 View Post
    I woke up 1 morning & put Brylcreem Hair Stuff (came in a squeeze tube back in the 80's) on my Toothbrush. Didn't taste too good !!

Last time I took Konica training, it was an anti itch cream i did not know was in my bag. Tasted like shit, but i had itch free gums for a while. At least I did not have any Preparation H. I wouldn't have been able to talk with my mouth puckered up like that.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Yet Another Senior Moment

Thumbs up Re: Yet Another Senior Moment

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Last time I took Konica training, it was an anti itch cream i did not know was in my bag. Tasted like shit, but i had itch free gums for a while. At least I did not have any Preparation H. I wouldn't have been able to talk with my mouth puckered up like that.
    LMAO !

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    I had a MAJOR Senior moment this morning. A very good friend of mine from Philly is in town and I made arrangements with him to pick him up and take him to Hoover Dam and then we'd have lunch. So......I get up early, take care of my morning website business, get dressed, get the camera, go downstairs, get my keys and I go out the door. I stood at the door for a few minutes to make sure I have everything especially my keys 'cause if I forget them and lock myself out, I'll really be f_cked. My wife is in NY on another 12 day business trip.
    So I had my keys and I get in the car, put the key in, put my foot on the brake and then it hit me.......................NO SHOES! Duhhhhhhhhhh!
    Oh come on, your 1st post any your already asking for shoes!

sorry couldnt resist it.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How many of you have driven two hours to a call, then discovered that your toolcase was still on the bench at work? It's extra challenging when the only things you have are brown paper towels from the washroom, washer solvent from the trunk, and the pocket knife.

I've done this three times for sure, maybe more. =^..^=
    the toolcase thing is annoying but its not as bad as leaving your paperwork on the car roof and driving off leaving job sheets all around town

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Yet Another Senior Moment

the toolcase thing is annoying but its not as bad as leaving your paperwork on the car roof and driving off leaving job sheets all around town
    Or forgetting that small brandnew "CopyMouse" like copier on the roof of the car like my boss once did. I was driving behind him, honking like an idiot but too late. It splashed literally in hundred pieces.....

Hans

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

If I own it, it had better be tough or I will destroy it. I have a pelican cace tool box which you are supposed to be able to drive a car over. That being said, I was either leaving a call or checking something in the back of my truck and got distracted. I think I got on the phone. Left the tail gate down and went to next call, pulled out on a 5 lane road and after about a quarter mile the car behind me was flashing his lights and honking and the black case had slid out the back and hit the high way. His front tire almost went over the top of it. So I can highly recommend the Pelican case, it has been fixthecopier tested.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

I have a couple.

Just got a new (to me) car issued to me. Great stereo, AC the works!
    And like most techs, I have a couple totes in the back where the hatch (Boot) opens up.
    Well, first or second call I go on, the back hatch opens up and SHIT GOES EVERYWHERE! All over the 2 lanes of traffic. Luckily, it was shortly after one PM, so not any traffic and I got to run all over picking up rollers and the imaginable.

Another one, I finished a call, got almost to the shop and no tools. Hour drive back to get tools and another hour home again. ugh

How about the time I spilled a little toner on the FRICKEN WHITE CARPET in the rectory of a catholic church. I cleaned it as much as possible but it still left a mark. I left a note saying (catholics will get this) "Bless me Father for I have sinned...... and explained what happened. Instead of a bill to clean the carpet, I got a call saying thank you for the honesty. (They ask for me to this day)

How about when I was working on a copier and it was unplugged from the wall as I was working in the power supply area removing a fallen screw and a helpful teacher plugged it in and of course I got a nice arc and blew a board. I yelled "Motherfucking SHIT! WTH!! FUCK! and looked up to see a wide eyed teacher there. My employer charged em for my time and for the board and travel time. It was the only time I used profanity on a job site. I still have the arc/burned screwdriver...lol