Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Yet Another Senior Moment

Red face Yet Another Senior Moment

I had a MAJOR Senior moment this morning. A very good friend of mine from Philly is in town and I made arrangements with him to pick him up and take him to Hoover Dam and then we'd have lunch. So......I get up early, take care of my morning website business, get dressed, get the camera, go downstairs, get my keys and I go out the door. I stood at the door for a few minutes to make sure I have everything especially my keys 'cause if I forget them and lock myself out, I'll really be f_cked. My wife is in NY on another 12 day business trip.
    So I had my keys and I get in the car, put the key in, put my foot on the brake and then it hit me.......................NO SHOES! Duhhhhhhhhhh!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: Yet Another Senior Moment

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    I had a MAJOR Senior moment this morning. A very good friend of mine from Philly is in town and I made arrangements with him to pick him up and take him to Hoover Dam and then we'd have lunch. So......I get up early, take care of my morning website business, get dressed, get the camera, go downstairs, get my keys and I go out the door. I stood at the door for a few minutes to make sure I have everything especially my keys 'cause if I forget them and lock myself out, I'll really be f_cked. My wife is in NY on another 12 day business trip.
    So I had my keys and I get in the car, put the key in, put my foot on the brake and then it hit me.......................NO SHOES! Duhhhhhhhhhh!
    Sorry but there is no MANUAL for that.

cheers

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I was out there in 09 when the new bridge over the dam was going up then again last year and it was done. Pretty cool bridge but a little up there.

Thumbs up Re: Yet Another Senior Moment

Yes, there is nfw that I would climb those steps to walk across it. I don't like heights anyhow, and I would surely have a heart attack. Even my buddy who is in great shape wouldn't do it.
    The bridge is beautiful though. A great compliment to the dam.

I got all dressed in my big girl clothes, make-up on, drove to church, got three feet from the door, and realized I was still wearing my slippers. I had to go all the way back home. See...you're not the only one.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

This past summer I was there with the family, I was the only 1 stupid enough to walk to the middle of the bridge to take a pic with the berry. I was holding on to the inner wall for dear life!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Cool Re: Yet Another Senior Moment

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    This past summer I was there with the family, I was the only 1 stupid enough to walk to the middle of the bridge to take a pic with the berry. I was holding on to the inner wall for dear life!

Oh, you were in town, you shoulda called.

You couldn't pay me enough to walk on that bridge. The bridge just had it's first suicide last week. Some woman drove in from California to jump off of it. I'm surprised it took so long.

You aint survivin that jump. Why all the trouble? The dam wall is nice and low if somebody wants to jump.

Cool Re: Yet Another Senior Moment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    You aint survivin that jump. Why all the trouble? The dam wall is nice and low if somebody wants to jump.
    The dam is 726 feet high. You jump from there, you'll hit the roof of the power house at the bottom ::splat::

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

...and I thought being confused and looking stupid. Went to my customers with one brown and one black shoe on my feet which I discovered only after visiting my 3rd customer that day. Even worse, when I came home on that same day, seeing myself in the mirror, I discovered a big splat of dried up toothpaste on my cheek. Non of the 8 customers I had visited gave my a subtile hint about it.

Hans