Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

That is one beefy midget.

I am 6'1", 250 pounds. I was on my knees putting rollers in a Bizhub 600. A group came through the double doors and out of the corner of my eye I saw one guy do a double take looking at me almost stop dead in his tracks. Then he started laughing. "I thought you were a midget" he said. I laughed picturing myself as one thick ass midget.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Re: That is one beefy midget.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I am 6'1", 250 pounds. I was on my knees putting rollers in a Bizhub 600. A group came through the double doors and out of the corner of my eye I saw one guy do a double take looking at me almost stop dead in his tracks. Then he started laughing. "I thought you were a midget" he said. I laughed picturing myself as one thick ass midget.
    What, did you have your shoes on your knees or something? Oh yeah, and you're not supposed to say "midget". That's like calling a black guy the "N word". I believe the term they prefer is "vertically challenged". Or was it "Oompa-Loompa"?
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    What, did you have your shoes on your knees or something? Oh yeah, and you're not supposed to say "midget". That's like calling a black guy the "N word". I believe the term they prefer is "vertically challenged". Or was it "Oompa-Loompa"?

At the angle he was looking, the open paper tray was blocking that part of the view. And if any of you little people were offended my use of the word midget, don't fall off the stack of paper trays you are sitting on, I apologize. Goddamn, I just had a great idea. A little person would be the perfect partner. Just the right height to work on the bottom of the machine. I never have to get on my knees again. And I can work the control panel he can't see. I think I will bring that up at my evaluation this week.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    At the angle he was looking, the open paper tray was blocking that part of the view. And if any of you little people were offended my use of the word midget, don't fall off the stack of paper trays you are sitting on, I apologize. Goddamn, I just had a great idea. A little person would be the perfect partner. Just the right height to work on the bottom of the machine. I never have to get on my knees again. And I can work the control panel he can't see. I think I will bring that up at my evaluation this week.
    That's not fair. If you're getting a midget, I want a midget, too. I think I'll train him to say "No time for love, Dr. Jones" in a Chinese accent...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.