Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This Blows!!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    This Blows!!!

Thumbs down This Blows!!!

I just got back from a 2 week vacation (celebrating my 65th birthday) and received a "Happy Birthday" greeting from my group health plan at work. Thank you very much, a $60 a month increase that brings the total cost close to $200/mo (our company covers half). I guess I'll have to check costs of Medicare and VA benefits to see what's to my advantage. I guess I'm part of the "working poor" class now. I'm thankful that I'm in good health at this time (got to keep that blood pressure down).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    This Blows!!!

Thumbs up Re: This Blows!!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•♥.•♫♪♥ ♥ ♥Happy Birthday Dear ZooTech ♪♫•*¨♥*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*♥ •*¨*•♫♪...And many many more!♪♫•*¨*♥*¨*•♫♪ Hot Cha Cha !!

http://manuals4you.com/birthday.mp3

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: This Blows!!!

Count your blessings. Insurance is only for those who do not need it. They can't drop you anymore, they can just make you drop them. My insurance company last year jacked my rates to $650 a month, just for me, my company paying half. The reason? I used it. I have bad arthritis in my legs and kidney stones on occosion. These are the two reasons they used to justify my rate increse. The adjuster also said they would double my rate on my 50th birthday, in 5 months. The only treatment I recieve for both conditions was prescriptions for painkillers. That is all, a doctors office visit and a few scripts a month. So at this point I should be paying over $7000 a year to go to the doctor, and in 5 months they will want over $14,000 a year to go to the doctor. I swear I was told that if I had not used it [my insurance], my rates would be lower. The 2 companies were United Healthcare and Blue Cross Blue Shield.

I do not have any political commentary to make. A doctor office visit cost$80 and the drugs cost less than $100. I do not have insurance anymore.... And there are other things you can get that will help with pain and insomnia... and relaxing...FUCK EM ALL!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I just got back from a 2 week vacation (celebrating my 65th birthday) and received a "Happy Birthday" greeting from my group health plan at work. Thank you very much, a $60 a month increase that brings the total cost close to $200/mo (our company covers half). I guess I'll have to check costs of Medicare and VA benefits to see what's to my advantage. I guess I'm part of the "working poor" class now. I'm thankful that I'm in good health at this time (got to keep that blood pressure down).
    I had to go with the VA a few years back for the same reason. It's not as convenient, but at least I can get some care for the big things.

This Blows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Count your blessings. Insurance is only for those who do not need it. They can't drop you anymore, they can just make you drop them. My insurance company last year jacked my rates to $650 a month, just for me, my company paying half. The reason? I used it. I have bad arthritis in my legs and kidney stones on occosion. These are the two reasons they used to justify my rate increse. The adjuster also said they would double my rate on my 50th birthday, in 5 months. The only treatment I recieve for both conditions was prescriptions for painkillers. That is all, a doctors office visit and a few scripts a month. So at this point I should be paying over $7000 a year to go to the doctor, and in 5 months they will want over $14,000 a year to go to the doctor. I swear I was told that if I had not used it [my insurance], my rates would be lower. The 2 companies were United Healthcare and Blue Cross Blue Shield.

I do not have any political commentary to make. A doctor office visit cost$80 and the drugs cost less than $100. I do not have insurance anymore.... And there are other things you can get that will help with pain and insomnia... and relaxing...FUCK EM ALL!
    That really Blows - sorry, fixthecopier.

This Blows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•♥.•♫♪♥ ♥ ♥Happy Birthday Dear ZooTech ♪♫•*¨♥*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*♥ •*¨*•♫♪...And many many more!♪♫•*¨*♥*¨*•♫♪ Hot Cha Cha !!

http://manuals4you.com/birthday.mp3
    Thanks, Paul, you put a smile on my face.