Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Dumbest feature ever on a copier.

How about the cheapest wheels you can buy on every brand. Do you fear seeing soft carpet or massive dirty mats and rugs when you have to move one? That may not be dumb in the spirit of the thread, but it pisses me off.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar

Positive to Negative, just a waste of toner!!!

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

3M (pre-Lanier days) used to have a copier model 536/537 that had a moving platten and you could get an optional Document Feeder for it. It mounted straight to the glass rail that slide back and forth with the flat cable coming out the back and winding through a plastic housing before plugging into the machine. We always threw away the housing and let the cable hang free cause it kept getting caught on the housing and tore it up. Broken platten glasses were quit common.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Dumbest feature ever on a copier.

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    Mita DC133voice-had a speaker mounted behind the front door and a lady's voice that would call out paper jams, add toner, etc. First service call on these were to cut the wire to the speaker.......
    I only had the opportunity to cut 1 or 2 of these, most were already done before I came along. BTW, the chime they used on the DC-122 was no better.

What about the DC-313Z playing "Home on the Range" or "Edelweiss" from the pezio speaker as it warmed up.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    I only had the opportunity to cut 1 or 2 of these, most were already done before I came along. BTW, the chime they used on the DC-122 was no better.

What about the DC-313Z playing "Home on the Range" or "Edelweiss" from the pezio speaker as it warmed up.
    I'd forgotten about the 313 singing to you as it warmed up. That takes me back to days best forgotten.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Useless yes, but fun to watch..you betcha...Minolta EP series that had the ants marching across the screen loading picnic foods...In fact many of the old warmup screens were great...Space Shuttle launch, the big whale coming ou of the water...Even the KM Planets logo was nice..Emujo

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Dumbest feature ever on a copier.

Most of the 133vox were already snipped before I got to them.

The 313ZD also did "Fleur De Lis". I worked almost exclusively on this model for my first year in the biz. I can still hear it like it was yesterday ...

How about the electronic binder feature on the DC-1435, with the dollar a piece binders?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Remember Toshiba copier having a Turbo button that would copy at full speed if you held it. Mita thermal fax machine used to have handset that customers used as a phone, if you put someone on hold it played "home home on the range"...had an Indian customer on the reservation next to us, they thought we purposely set their machine to play "home on the range" and were pissed off.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

How about the mini sorter than Canon sold for the NP210 and 300? It wasn't even made by them, nor did it have a Canon label on it.

It only had 10 bins, and since it had no connection at all to the copier, you had to manually program the number of copies using a keypad on the front of the it.

To top it all off, the interlock that made sure that the finisher was in place was a micro-switch that opened the circuit when in place, instead of closing it.

What a POS...
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Canon NP4835i colour changer.

Great while it worked (although extremely noisy).

Bad when it didn't work.....