Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Gay Marriage

What don't you know about politicians? They can promise to build bridges where there is even no rivers to cross!

Thank God, just last year our Parliamentarians (Senators) threw out '' The Gay Rights Bill'' from debate in our parliament. ''It is a culture ALIEN to us, they argued''. And rightly so,the people were solidly behind them.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    What don't you know about politicians? They can promise to build bridges where there is even no rivers to cross!

Thank God, just last year our Parliamentarians (Senators) threw out '' The Gay Rights Bill'' from debate in our parliament. ''It is a culture ALIEN to us, they argued''. And rightly so,the people were solidly behind them.
    Most of the people here too have no need for it. You get verbally abused if you act as though you don't support it. We have a very vociferous left who own the media and try and make it mainstream.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gay Marriage

I have a theory that the dinosaurs weren't killed off in a meteor impact, I believe their mainstream media and government were a step ahead of ours and REQUIRED everyone to be gay... Perhaps Darwin was right.
    73 DE W5SSJ

We have a belief here that you people there in the WESTERN world, have too much freedom. It is good to enjoy freedom! But the parameters of these human freedom must be clearly defined; the upper & lower limits of freedom. Not everything is good for our lives. Those same mainstream media there, together with some gay activists & homosexuals here, with the backing of some western powers tried to influence our government here to support the 'Rights of the gays'. They even threatened to impose economic sanctions on our country and even threatened to cut off aid, if the government does not include gay rights in our Laws, hence the attempt to smuggle the bill for debate in our parliament. Our people simply said NO, NO,NO & NEVER, and were ready for the western sanctions. The government, for the 'first time' LISTENED to the voice of the people, which in reality is the voice of GOD. The few gays we might have here do their things in private. They dare not venture out in the open, they could be stoned to death. Those Dinosaurs must have lived in the lands of SODOM & GOMORRAH. They reaped exactly what they sow!.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

The few gays we might have here do their things in private. They dare not venture out in the open, they could be stoned to death ... (t)hey reaped exactly what they sow!.

You are one sick and disturbed sonofabitch.

Gay Marriage

We have a belief here that you people there in the WESTERN world, have too much freedom. It is good to enjoy freedom! But the parameters of these human freedom must be clearly defined; the upper & lower limits of freedom.
    Not sure if I agree with you on this one or not. I believe you should have as much freedom as you want, so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's freedom, and you are accountable for the consequences of your decisions.

If you want to live a homosexual lifestyle that's between you and God, you should be free to do so according to the above terms. Don't expect special treatment for it.

You should be free to express your opinion that this is how you were meant to be, acknowledging it is your your opinion and not everyone will agree with you, and accepting that there are people who have differing opinions.

However, I should also be free to express my opinion that I believe your lifestyle is decidedly unbiblical, morally wrong, and even flies in the face of Darwinism (if you believe in that sort of thing, and I don't). I also accept there are those who will not agree with my opinion. I will note here that I have several Gay friends and relatives, they know my opinion, but they also know I accept them as friends despite my disagreement with their lifestyle. We have interesting discussions about it and remain friends.

Where I do get highly disturbed is when some homosexual activist believes he/she/it has the right to forcibly alter over 6000 years of biblical teachings. Marriage is an institution of the church, not of the government, and to think that you can undermine the teachings of a church you have no desire to be part of simply to feel justified in your immoral lifestyle stretches beyond the limits of freedom. What about the freedom of the church?

If you want to shack up with your "domestic partner" go for it. Call it whatever you want, but don't call it a marriage. It's not.

And by the same token, it's not okay for homosexuals to be stoned to death. Stoning was also the biblical penalty for adultery, and Jesus himself faced down a mob intent on killing an adulterous woman - He never spoke a word to the mob, and we can only imagine what he scribbled in the sand, but even the woman was told to go in peace and sin no more.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Gay Marriage

"I am all for gay marriage as long as both girls are hot and I can watch."

Gallagher

Jimbo1, you were right when you said, 'Most people here have no need for it too, You get verbally abused if you act as though you don't support it'. I can see already a certain Hemlock has called me sonofabitch! But I will not 'revenge' the insult ,otherwise it will derail us from the real issue at hand. Instead as Jesus said, I will turn for him the other cheek too, to slap! I have liked the analysis made by Shadow1, it was to the point. As for my case, I am only high-lighting the beliefs & uncompromising position of the citizens of our country to that malaise. And that position is, '' You are free to do your thing, (by whatever name you call it) in PRIVATE, in the privacy of your bedroom or house, BUT WE SHALL NEVER EVER LEGALIZE IT, come rain or sunshine. Full stop! And they, and their agitators have got this message loud and clear. It is an unnatural act!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Bible = really old version of Harry Potter.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Jesus was a bachelor and wives were generally treated as possessions or servants or slaves in the Bible so the religious argument is pretty weak.

I have to laugh at this entire thing. Marriage has become ANYTHING but sacred. Over half of all marriages end in divorce; how "sacred" can it be? It has nothing to do with religion, it is simply a rally cry for all the religion nuts; like abortion. It is not the governments job to legislate morality! Looking to the Bible for proof of anything is ridiculous.

Hemlock, I believe Harry Potter makes more sense than the Bible.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!