Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Lazy Co-workers, is there any justice?

I work with one or two really 'lazy' I can not be bothered workers. Recently I had several difficult, long and involved jobs to complete, so the office reordered a part for one of my calls for another engineer, a toner hopper assy on a IR-Adv 9000. He said he done the call and fitted the parts and the machine was all working, call came back in almost straight away, thinking that the hopper assy had been fitted I was now looking elsewhere for the fault.

Turned out the lazy **** had not even bothered fitting the part, he reset the error and just walked away, he even told me he fitted the part despite the new part being dumped in the skip outside and the customer telling me that he didn't even take the back off the machine, I despair sometimes I really do...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Goooood..... Goooood.... Let the hate flow through you.....
    you just made my day thank you

i dont have any trouble with other techs, my beef is with the dispatch. we get bitched at for calls piling up (we have around a 4 hour response time) and they keep sending us back and forth between towns. in a single day i could travel to the same town 4-5 times. then i get the calls for cleaning the slit galss that they should be weeding out. and they dont get all the information. heck just today i got a call but couldnt go to it because they didnt know what finisher they had. it may sound stupid, but the call is that the staples ran out on their finisher and they were dumb enough to try to use regular staples. and dispatch had no clue what finisher was on it (a df73 fd71 or df75 on a 3035). and the end of our fiscal year is november 30th so we do inventory in november. well instead of being intelligent, dispatch always decides the day the inventory is done. its always a friday.... so calls pile up while all us techs do inventory and the dispatch sits on their butts playing games. and now our waranty papers need to be filled out by me because they dont have "time" even though every time i go by their desks they are on facebook or playing a game. and then they dont respond when i beep them. they are just too busy busy busy.

Supervisor 50+ Posts Itsthepaper's Avatar

I love working with nose picking lazy techs, becuase it made me shine like a bright star to my supervisors with very little effort. It's easy to be a good tech when you work with a bunch of lazy loosers.

- Think about that guys.
    Love the Job Love the Work.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lazy Co-workers, is there any justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Itsthepaper View Post
    I love working with nose picking lazy techs, becuase it made me shine like a bright star to my supervisors with very little effort. It's easy to be a good tech when you work with a bunch of lazy loosers.

- Think about that guys.
    Unfortunately the economy enables laziness.

I know two techs who hit the mythical 50k plateau and both were recently canned.

Its so sad and unAmerican that working hard and making big bucks forces you to look over your shoulder.

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linuxgyro View Post
    i dont have any trouble with other techs, my beef is with the dispatch. we get bitched at for calls piling up (we have around a 4 hour response time) and they keep sending us back and forth between towns. in a single day i could travel to the same town 4-5 times. then i get the calls for cleaning the slit galss that they should be weeding out. and they dont get all the information. heck just today i got a call but couldnt go to it because they didnt know what finisher they had. it may sound stupid, but the call is that the staples ran out on their finisher and they were dumb enough to try to use regular staples. and dispatch had no clue what finisher was on it (a df73 fd71 or df75 on a 3035). and the end of our fiscal year is november 30th so we do inventory in november. well instead of being intelligent, dispatch always decides the day the inventory is done. its always a friday.... so calls pile up while all us techs do inventory and the dispatch sits on their butts playing games. and now our waranty papers need to be filled out by me because they dont have "time" even though every time i go by their desks they are on facebook or playing a game. and then they dont respond when i beep them. they are just too busy busy busy.

used to have the same problem many years ago when we had individual dispatchers per office. She would send us back and forth across town/state because she had no idea where we went and she didn't know the area. At the time I was running all the out of town calls in Southern and Eastern Arizona and my manager told me to take the dispatcher with me one day on one of my out of town calls run. Drove about 100 miles before my AC went out (August in Arizona)! spent the rest of the day doing calls 100-150 miles from home with no car AC. got home that night and dropped her off and the next day she started asking where places were before just sending techs where ever she pleased. She was a damn fine looking woman too! I was hoping the heat would make her get a little less dressed but no such luck. Was a fun trip though!
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Unfortunately the economy enables laziness.

I know two techs who hit the mythical 50k plateau and both were recently canned.

Its so sad and unAmerican that working hard and making big bucks forces you to look over your shoulder.
    That is why I am glad I now have a pay nothing job, job security!!!
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?

Lol yeah, we have tried again and again to get the dispatchers to ride with us one day each, but from the way my office is run the dispatchers get what they need we get nothing. My calls arent 100 miles apart and she knows the area, its that she cant stand customers calling to complainso im at the mercy of the customers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Lazy Co-workers, is there any justice?

Myself and a former boss used to have fun destroying the lives of lazy techs. We would build a personnel file with all the I's dotted and T's crossed and then fire their arses when it would be the most inconvenient for them to be fired.

Waited to fire a tech the day after he signed the paperwork for his first house purchase.

Lazy techs sometimes had it in their minds they were God's gift to working on machines, so we would promote them to positions they would be guaranteed to fail at.

I'm no longer that mean spirited, but it did have a positive effect on the other questionable techs at times......all of a sudden they would get with the program most of the time.

I sleep good at night.