Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I'm back...

I'm back...

I've gotten enough questions about where I've been for the past ?Year? or more I thought I'd make it public.

Most obvious was the reverse psychology hostile takeover where Ricoh bought Ikon and pulled them out of the toilet before they could flush themselves down the drain and then gave them control over the combined service department so their management could try doing it again. We got a lot of damn good techs in that merge, and a lot of damn horrible management. Techs from both companies were and still are extraordinarily pissed about that, management is still mostly oblivious, and things are still going to hell in a handbasket. I've been so fed up with work I created a facebook account, and have been wasting my time there...

Second, and much more time consuming is that I was heavily involved in trying to get Initiative 26 (Personhood) passed in Mississippi. Being a copier tech is just what pays the bills, my real job is as the Executive Vice-President of Pro-Life Mississippi - the state's oldest, largest, and most (dis)respected pro-life organization. Unfortunately we lost, but we knew it would be an uphill battle beforehand. We put in a lot of hours and hard work in an attempt to counter Planned Parenthood's lies, smear tactics, and seemingly inexhaustible supply of our tax dollars.

Lastly, in my spare time /laughs/ I've taken up some people's advice and written a book. A series of 3 of them actually. It's not ready for publication just yet, but the story is complete and I'm in the process of grinding off the rough edges. The first pass needed to be with an acetylene torch, second pass was an angle grinder, the third I used a hammer, fourth is sandpaper, and then maybe it will be ready for paint and a buffer. Right now I'm still in the sandpaper phase of editing, but it's getting there.

I know that leads to the question of subject matter, and the answer is no... It has nothing to do with all the strange things people do to copiers, or vacuuming up farts. It was inspired more for my kids (My son is 13 and daughter 5)... Mostly for my eldest right now, my youngest has a couple years before it would even be interesting to her. I took some of the things me and my friends had to deal with learning about life around high school age and fictionalized it. I'm hoping my kids can learn some lessons from a good book, instead of the school of hard knocks like I had to.

And of course if that wasn't enough there's all of the surprises life likes to spring on you...

Okay, now that I have that out of the way I suppose the remainder of this thread will consist of flameing me for the presumption of my own celebrityship. I mean c'mon, what kind of goober would assume they were popular enough to make a public post apologizing for their extended absence...
    Last edited by Shadow1; 05-17-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    73 DE W5SSJ

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: I'm back...

Hey Shadow, nice to hear from you- Where have you been?

JK! It's nice of you to explain. good luck on your book(s)!!!!!!!!
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    I'm back...

Welcome back!! With all that going on I'm suprised you have time to come back in....
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

from my understanding, your return was much anticipated.
    welcome back.

I just downloaded your mod for the fuser unit, I do believe that
    this is going to come in very handy in the not too distant
    future.

Thank you
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

I'm back...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I just downloaded your mod for the fuser unit, I do believe that
    this is going to come in very handy in the not too distant future.

Thank you
    That reminds me, I did update the document with springs that work better than clipping the old ones. I think I posted the part number somewhere in that thread, but it helps to have it in the mod document. I'm told the MP5002 has the same piss poor design - I guess the engineers couldn't incorporate that mod without paying df3036 royalties on it. (it was his idea, I just wrote up the instructions... I even stole his pictures.)
    73 DE W5SSJ

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Welcome back dude, hope everything's spiffing
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    I'm back...

Well it's about time ...
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You must know that you are one of the very few high ranking ''senior commanders'' in this field. How dare you make yourself 'AWOL' (Away Without Official Leave), or desert the ''troops'' in the 11th hour when your wisdom, knowledge, insight & expertise are highly needed ? Your services are in great demand my brother. You need to impart that wisdom & knowledge to the youngsters!

You are welcome back!

I'm back...

I've just about finished beating down most of the roughest edges in my books - In a week or two I'll have something that's ready for a review and then final edit.

If anybody is interested in reading them I'm willing to send out copies to a select few, provided you're willing to provide feedback to help with that oh so important final edit.

PM me - I'm only going to send a couple copies at first so I won't get overwhelmed with feedback - it would be good to let me know if you have any special literary skills. Better yet, the books are interesting to the older folks who've been part of things so far, but is really intended for teens and maybe mature tweens, so if you got kids who like to read I'd prefer to get them involved too.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Thumbs up Re: I'm back...

Glad to have you back buddy,you been always so helpful to all of us.
    Inspiring ,,,surely a Role model .