Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: COPYISMS

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: COPYISMS

How about the one when you are removing an E-clip. Or as we called it, OH sh*t clip. When it goes flying to who knows where, the words OH SH*t just comes out. And after you say it, you look around to see who may ahve heard you, and notice the receptionist rubbing their eye as if they had something in it. I learned a lesson with this one. Carry all sizes of e-clips. That way you can act like you did nothing to cause their trip to the eye doctor.

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    How about the one when you are removing an E-clip. Or as we called it, OH sh*t clip. When it goes flying to who knows where, the words OH SH*t just comes out. And after you say it, you look around to see who may ahve heard you, and notice the receptionist rubbing their eye as if they had something in it. I learned a lesson with this one. Carry all sizes of e-clips. That way you can act like you did nothing to cause their trip to the eye doctor.
    We used to call them Jesus clips.................ting!, Jesus Christ, where did that go?
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    COPYISMS

I don't know why our space program is so expensive... I put 3 or 4 e-clips in orbit every week. I'm continually amazed at how far them suckers can fly!
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

What always happened to me is : I think of a customer. I think to myself : his machine runs very well the last months. I haven't seen that SC-call for very long time. One hour later: He calls, the display says : SC... Call Service.

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    What always happened to me is : I think of a customer. I think to myself : his machine runs very well the last months. I haven't seen that SC-call for very long time. One hour later: He calls, the display says : SC... Call Service.
    Thank you, I had forgot about that one! I used to hate driving around on weekends because I would always pass one of my customers and think about them and sure enough, Monday morning, guess who calls? Got to the point where I used to go out of my way to get to the mall or a restaurant etc. just so I wouldn't go past one of my customers; my wife thought I was nuts.
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

We used to have a properly battered Ricoh 1224c (of all things), right at the customer service/tobacco counter at my local supermarket. I used to dread going shopping there with my Missus over the weekend and seeing an "Out Of Order" sign on it.

...see that on a Saturday and have the feeling of impending dread for the rest of the weekend that I'm going to have to fix that heap of junk on Monday.

COPYISMS

I worked in a shop where customer names were not spoken unless they had a call up, because as soon as you say their name they will call.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

COPYISMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    ...see that on a Saturday and have the feeling of impending dread for the rest of the weekend that I'm going to have to fix that heap of junk on Monday.
    ...which reminds me: The bigger heap of junk a machine is, the more salespeople will like it.

Can't tell you how many 1224c machines were out there just because they were cheap color... well, they were cheap for a reason.
    73 DE W5SSJ

COPYISMS

When Mrs lagonda was in hospital last year getting her knee upgrade fitted, guess whose company supplied the printers in that ward? She rang me one day to say she was being discharged that afternoon and could I pick her up, "and by the way, bring your tool kit with you."
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Smile Re: COPYISMS

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    I don't know why our space program is so expensive... I put 3 or 4 e-clips in orbit every week. I'm continually amazed at how far them suckers can fly!
    With space program you recover the projectile
    with e-clips forget about it.