Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: COPYISMS

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: COPYISMS

When I take out "all" the screws to remove a part or cover or whatever and it won't budge or come off. I'm thinking I'm not stupid, what the hell is wrong with this piece of sh*t; then SNAP!

The part or cover comes out but there's a broken piece where that one last screw was.

And I just sit there for a minute and think, I swear I looked all over and there's no way there was one more screw that needed to be removed...

When you lose an "essential" screw that holds something important in place and you can't find it...so you start looking in other areas of the copier to try and find a similar screw that's "non-essential" that you can take and use.

When you have to come back on site a second time because you told the customer that you have to do an important upgrade modification from the manufacturer but you really need to go get your drill and drill out the screw that you stripped.

When you did a really good job and fixed like what seemed to be a very difficult thing to trouble shoot...and you feel all good and happy and self confident and a little voice in your head says...wow you've really come a long way in your career and you're starting to get to the point in life where you actually know what the hell you're doing and gee, I'm finally like a master technician or something...and the hormones and chemicals in the brain are giving you a natural high...

...then the problem that you "fixed" comes back...

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    When you did a really good job and fixed like what seemed to be a very difficult thing to trouble shoot...and you feel all good and happy and self confident and a little voice in your head says...wow you've really come a long way in your career and you're starting to get to the point in life where you actually know what the hell you're doing and gee, I'm finally like a master technician or something...and the hormones and chemicals in the brain are giving you a natural high...

Damn firmware!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Hi all

interesting info for us all,its amazing but true

if you understand the problem 90%-then you work 10% of the time hard
    if you understand the problem 10%-then you work 90% of the time hard
    and the diference between the two is the expirience we get over the years

cheers all

mjarbar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Damn firmware!
    Sorry - but don't you mean frimware!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    COPYISMS

This has happened to me so many times, when I get this feeling, I quickly tell myself that thinking too much of oneself happens right before you crash and burn.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    COPYISMS

Your fitting a new control panel and you drop a screw.

If Issac Newton is to be believed it should be on the floor.

After fifteen minutes of searching you give up, only to find the screw in the darkest corner of the delivery tray.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Before you're 10 minutes down the road.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success