Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What a disaster!!

What a disaster!!

Ok, I finally get my shipment of copiers that I ordered from a "particular" copier remarketter and this is what I received. I first had a problem with them "forgetting" to place my order after I paid them for it and then when they do decide to ship the copier (1 1/2 weeks later), this is how I get it. I don't understand because I paid them X amount of dollars to crate the dang thing and then come to find out, I was 100% overcharged on the shipping.

This is the second time this has happened with this company recently and I'm not really sure that I want to continue doing business with them. When I spoke to my representative about how I received this copier today and also to make note that I paid for this copier to be crated, he was not remorseful at all and made no apologies... WTH?

The worst part about all this! I sold this copier two weeks ago when one of my clients specifically ordered this particular model. I had to inform my client that there would be a week delay (because my representative forgot to place to order after I paid for it) and now I have to inform my client that he will yet again not be receiving his copier this week because the company I do business with didn't care enough to crate it properly and it got severely damaged (even though I paid for it to be crated).

Ok, that's my rant...

What are your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Re: What a disaster!!

this wouldn't have been from a company in Florida would it?
    if it is, then I feel your pain.
    I received a machine ordered from Florida, shipped across the continent and then north.
    the pictures received before shipping showed a pristine machine.
    upon arrival it looked like it had been to hell and back in the back of an armored troop carrier over the barren lands.
    I wish I still had the photos.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Technician 500+ Posts

Sometimes people make mistakes. Thats a given. What first came to mind is that the machine shipped late. I would have wanted to be notified the day it should have shipped, why it did not ship, and what they plan to do about it. The other thing is when you contacted them about the damage, the response was less than what I would have expected. The thing is they made a mistake. My question to them would be: What are you going to do about it? Based upon their response, would determine if I ever do business with them again. Based on post I have read, there seems to be good wholesalers and bad ones. We are fortunate with a guy that goes out and finds what we need. He knows our expectations and delivers. He also transports the equipment himself. This is what he does. We are in central Georgia, so I don't know if he can help you. There is a company that has an office in Ohio and Georgia that someone mentioned on this forum. Its called Wulff Enterprises. Google it and see what you think. We have not used them yet. My boss is looking into it to see what the deal is. Hope everything works out for you. Remember these words; This is unacceptable. When someone offers me something and I respond "this is unacceptable". They sometimes make another offer.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What a disaster!!

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    There is a company that has an office in Ohio and Georgia that someone mentioned on this forum. Its called Wulff Enterprises. Google it and see what you think. We have not used them yet. My boss is looking into it to see what the deal is. Hope everything works out for you. Remember these words; This is unacceptable. When someone offers me something and I respond "this is unacceptable". They sometimes make another offer.
    Hey Copiman,

That is the company who did this. It seems like it's the same with most of them. When you are new and your are just starting out with them, you're gold and they go out of their way to be the best supplier out there. However, the second you get some years under your belt and had a couple of great phone conversations, it all goes by the way side. After a couple of conversations that I've had with them about this, all he cared to say is "well, I'll just give you your money back. It's all ok... everything will be fine". Truth of the matter is, it's not all going to be ok. What I'm concerned with is it seriously depends on how upset my client is whether or not he will go out there and tell everyone he knows that I cannot follow through with a sale and that I'm unreliable.

This is just a big mess. I did tell my contact that this was a sold machine and I needed it expedited.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    What a disaster!!

Looks like a standard Xerox to me... Hahaha

That really sucks about your reseller, guy. If this was a continued pattern I don't think I would keep giving them business.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What a disaster!!

Lol... I was thinking typical Toshiba! Ha!
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What a disaster!!

All I can say is, it happens. The real test here is how they recover. Wulff has been great for us, but only Kyocera and Konica Minolta, none of that Xerox junk. Give them a chance to make it right, then decide for yourself.

For us, we ordered a finisher with fold and booklet stapler. It arrived without. Three days later we got another whole finisher with the required components. I was satisfied. I say give them a chance. What's to lose? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=