Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Time flies when you're having fun.

Re: Time flies when you're having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nogood boyo View Post
    sorry to post off topic...

fixthecopier, i tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

I was searching through the forums for any information on an HP DesignJet 1055cm when i found a post where you stated that you work on this machine...

I am a junior tech with only a little bit of experience and have a pretty big disaster on my hands, could maybe use some advice from you. Im in the process of hunting down a service and parts manual for this machine but at the moment there has been an "ink explosion". Cyan ink has coated almost the entire interior of the machine, the roll is soaked in it, and there is ink all over the floor.

please PM me back

look forward to any advice you would be willing to dish out,
    nogood boyo.

Post in the HP forum for help. The forum is there to help techs out not the private message box. No one else can benefit if he answers you in a private message. Don't worry about dumb question either, we've all had them. Either someone has asked them from us or we have asked them. Questions are the best way to learn, trial and error is the worst way. No one knows everything about everything. I know HP, but I don't know plotters. Some of us know plotters and not a thing about Kyocera (or insert another model name). Sometimes a different tech has a different perspective. By posting you get the benefit of more than one tech's experience. "A group will always out perform it's greatest member" ( my college professor)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    Stress reliever poster.................................Bang head here.
    Works for me, but I tend to open reams of paper with my head.
    I start it with, "Wanna see a trick?"
    I get to relieve some frustration, their paper drawers are refilled for free and they think twice about being bitchy with me.

There is a trick to it, don't do this at home.

It saves the wall repairs and I don't get hurt.
    Shadow1 prefers walls
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nogood boyo View Post
    sorry to post off topic...

fixthecopier, i tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

I was searching through the forums for any information on an HP DesignJet 1055cm when i found a post where you stated that you work on this machine...

I am a junior tech with only a little bit of experience and have a pretty big disaster on my hands, could maybe use some advice from you. Im in the process of hunting down a service and parts manual for this machine but at the moment there has been an "ink explosion". Cyan ink has coated almost the entire interior of the machine, the roll is soaked in it, and there is ink all over the floor.

please PM me back

look forward to any advice you would be willing to dish out,
    nogood boyo.

I found your other post and replied. Sounds like an ink tube system leak. Easy to change.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Shadow1 prefers walls
    Not so. Any convenient hard flat surface will do nicely.

It's just that walls are the most common item fitting all of the above criteria.
    73 DE W5SSJ

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

the head banging on the wall will only work for so long......................

I was at a client's office one day about 9 years ago, when the main guy in the place came in to the copy room pissed off like you wouldn't believe.
    He walked in and went off on me like I was some little scrap of chewing gum on the bottom of his shoe.
    I stood up from the floor, picked up all of my tools and packed them up.
    I put on my jacket and went to the receptionist and apologized for what I was about to do.
    I walked out the door and left the machine apart all over the table that was in the copy room.
    I called my service manager and informed him as to what just took place, he sent me for a 3 hour lunch.
    I received a call back from him as the client had called and blew his cork at the service manager.
    My manager stood behind me 100% and informed this client that he would be lucky to see any tech return to his machine today or any of the next few days.
    He then told the client that there is no way any tech should have to take that kind of verbal abuse from some pomp-pas a$$ who was concerned with his own self importance.
    I returned after my executive lunch and finished the machine. There was a letter of apology waiting there for me from the A$$.
    The guy had left for the rest of the day and the other personnel in the office were very happy with what I had done to him and how the company handled him.
    Apparently I was not the first one for him to attack like that, just the last one as he had received a dressing down from his own manager and that was why there was a letter of apology there.

Don't you just like it when things happen as they should...........................

Tech - 1 ID10T - 0
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Don't you just like it when things happen as they should...........................

Tech - 1 ID10T - 0
    Are you hiring?
    73 DE W5SSJ

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

IMHO, no tech deserves to be berated and attacked like the way I was.
    I make it very clear with whom ever I work for, that I will not take verbal abuse from any one be it client, fellow employee or employer.
    We arrive in their office to do them a service, not be their verbal punching bag.
    I have been at this for 22 years now, and not once after the first year would I put up with it.
    When I was service manager for a company it was made very clear what was not acceptable towards my technical staff.
    I do not treat any one like that, and don't expect any one else to take it either.
    We as service technicians have to take a stand and speak up for our selves, go forth and hold your head high.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Congratulations Shadow, on you extraordinarily terrific management. I've come very close to walking but never made it to the door.

It was a lumber yard, and somebody was giving me the full history of his woes with the copier. At the 1/2 hour mark I started wiping down my tools and putting them in the case. Not rushed, not slow, just normal speed. He was still ranting when I placed the last tool and closed the lid on the case. The machine was still completely apart on the table.

His eyed popped open wide when he figured out that I was making for the door. He sputtered some hasty comment about being needed at the other side of the store and took off at a run.

Since my personal annoyance had gone away, I had no problem with finishing with the machine. It takes a lot of self control to allow the customer to continue to rant without getting flustered. I don't take it personally. A person that reacts that way has the sort of problems that I can't fix.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

I walked on a client only once. The guy had bought a business and the copier with it. It was old and a high miler. On my third visit for whatever reason he unloaded on me. I packed up and said to contact my manager. I called my manager and the company owner to explain the abuse I had endured and over what. Next day I went in following an apology from the client.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Mita-Konica-Tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    You hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, indefinite license to use the above noted "one-liner" without royalties of any kind, provided you note the proper trademark and copyright symbols, and agree to hold the author blameless for any resulting consequences of said use...

In other words: Go for it!

(and share the story when you do)

Franchise that Line.....LOL