Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Manual 4you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Re: Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    By the way, I am pro choice.
    Not to offend the pro lifers, but who made you God to tell someone how to live their lives?
    Isn't your God the ultimate judge?
    Answer your own question - Who made you god (or anyone else) to decide it is fine that a child has to die simply as a matter of convenience.
    ... and you are correct, God is the ultimate judge. God also commands us to do what is right - and when you and I stand before him on judgment day how do you plan on explaining yourself? I got enough to answer for without adding abortion to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    FYI - Both of my children were unplanned - my wife was told trying to have a baby could kill her - but we have them. Seems the doctors didn't know as much as they thought they did...

Also for the record both of my children were born with a minor birth defect called a sacral dimple - it's a mild form of the same defect that causes spina bifida which causes all kinds of problems, the least of which is paralysis. In both cases it was mainly a cosmetic defect - looked like their belly button grew all the way through to the base of their spine - It required only minor surgery to correct, but we knew it vastly increased the chances any more children we would have could end up with a serious problem.

We were also having our own problems when we found out we were pregnant again with our daughter... still there wasn't even the slightest consideration that our child was a "choice."

"Though you can't see them, or hear them, or sense them at all, a person is a person, no matter how small." - Dr. Seuss.

A child of 3 can recognize we're talking about a tiny person - are you really that dense that you can't, or are you lying to yourself with the excuse that your convenience is more important than an innocent child's life? I pity you either way - you have my prayers.
    73 DE W5SSJ

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Shadow1, let start by saying that I find your banter witty, intelligent and I generally enjoy your posts. I had also read your bio and browsed the pictures on your wonderful website several weeks ago. That being said, I am confused about the following:
    - You reference handing out pamphlets and the such. So I would assume you are one of those "folks" with their bullhorns and 6 foot signs of aborted fetuses in front of the clinics. While women and girls who could be victims of rape or , being from Mississippi; incest. You are treating them like criminals while acting like animals.
    - Unwanted children have parents who don't want to be parents.
    - We are not talking about a tiny person. We are talking about a group of cells multiplying to form a tiny person. If you incubate an egg, it makes a tiny chicken. It is the same chemical reaction and no one seems to have a problem with eggs, they're delicious!. And this is only because chickens can't read the bible. I am sure a few would be duped.

Are you that dense to think a god sitting in the clouds wants you to stand there with your pamphlets, singing bible hymns while hurtling insults at others? What you refer to as lying is actually perception. You can't help it, your religion has taught you to deny anything outside the "jesus box" as an abomination or a lie.

I will agree with you on one thing. We have a lot of abortions in this country. Every time a celebrity wants to adopt, they head off to Africa. They have extra.
    Also, what is an "abortion protest after party" like? What's the mood like? Is it all bibles and bloody billboards or do you go have a couple drinks?

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

WOW, this has got to be one of CTN's most popular threads.

I'm supposed to be going out tonight but I think I'd rather stay at home and enjoy this masterpiece.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Manual 4you

Shadow1, let start by saying that I find your banter witty, intelligent and I generally enjoy your posts. I had also read your bio and browsed the pictures on your wonderful website several weeks ago. That being said, I am confused about the following:
    Looks like my witty banter and intelligence may have finally sparked an honest interest in discussing the matter. I have no problem answering your questions, so long as you have no problem reading them at face value.
    - You reference handing out pamphlets and the such. So I would assume you are one of those "folks" with their bullhorns and 6 foot signs of aborted fetuses in front of the clinics. While women and girls who could be victims of rape or , being from Mississippi; incest. You are treating them like criminals while acting like animals.
    I have indeed spent a precious few hours sidewalk counseling, but it was readily appearant that wasn't where I am most effective in the ministry. That is in places like this - in a good debate, giving speeches, and hosting educational events.

I do not really like the graphic signs the liberally biased media thinks we all drag around with us everywhere we go. Truth is the use of such signs is extremely rare, and the general policy in the pro-life community is to provide a warning sign that they're being displayed up ahead and provide a "detour" route. Having said that, those signs do have value - Yes they are ugly, the truth sometimes is, but some people have to see it to believe it - and if it's too ugly to look at, it's too ugly to tolerate.

You also mention women who have been raped - statistically this accounts for less than 1% of abortions, although I personally believe that number is a bit low. Victims of rape generally want to put everything behind them. Hence the abortion - to "make it all go away." For various reasons the crime is rarely reported, and therefore not tied to the abortion. Regardless, these victims need support and compassion, not to be victimized a second time by the abortion industry (as the majority of rape/abortion survivors attest, given a little time to reflect on it and settle out of panic mode)

This is even more the case with victims of incest (which is not limited to, or even most prominent in Mississippi - that would be Alabama) Again the statistic is around 1% of abortions are from incest, and I believe this is VASTLY underreported - you have no idea how many underage girls are dragged (sometimes literally) into the abortion clinic by their abusers to cover up the crime. How many of those cases do you think are reported for the statistic. Fortunately in Mississippi we just got a law passed requiring any underage girl having an abortion to be reported and investigated as statutory rape, and for the abortionist to retain DNA evidence to assist in the prosecution. Bottom line if a 15 year old girl is having an abortion under any circumstances, a crime has been committed.

It is the general policy of the sidewalk counselors to offer real facts on the health risks of abortion, information on financial and medical assistance, adoption, legal assistance, safe-houses, etc.

Most of the lunatics you see on TV show up magically when the cameras do, and none of the dedicated sidewalk counselors have ever seen or heard from them before. (and yes there are a few genuine lunatics, as there are in any group. We groan when we see them coming, and try to stick a pacifier in their mouth...)
    - Unwanted children have parents who don't want to be parents.
    Do you realize the adoption list wait is typically 4 1/2 years - and that's not to say it's a 5 year wait before getting to adopt, that's the average, and many of those would-be-parents are never blessed with a child - they simply give up after too many heartbreaks.
    - We are not talking about a tiny person. We are talking about a group of cells multiplying to form a tiny person. If you incubate an egg, it makes a tiny chicken. It is the same chemical reaction and no one seems to have a problem with eggs, they're delicious!. And this is only because chickens can't read the bible. I am sure a few would be duped.
    What is it then? When does it become a person? What is the requirement? At the point when most abortions are performed the baby has all of the organs and systems it will need to survive on its own - everything is developed and functional, although not fully capable of supporting itself yet, but even that's becoming debatable. Most abortions are done at 10-12 weeks, and the current record for the youngest surviving preemie is 19weeks 2days. (and there was one right here in Jackson, MS who survived at 19weeks 6days) The child has a heartbeat 18-21 DAYS after conception - Mom misses her 1st period at exactly 14 days.

The rest of your point is invalid. Eggs are indeed delicious, but so are chickens. I'm hoping noone here will say the same about babies. Chickens have no consciousness - people do, and while I acknowledge the existence of certain bird-brained people I'll leave them to identify themselves.
    Are you that dense to think a god sitting in the clouds wants you to stand there with your pamphlets, singing bible hymns while hurtling insults at others? What you refer to as lying is actually perception. You can't help it, your religion has taught you to deny anything outside the "jesus box" as an abomination or a lie.
    Truth is truth, but I've been around long enough to know religion does not have a corner on the truth market - quite the opposite in many cases. The fact is that God and Truth have a pretty tight relationship, and that God's Truth still makes sense even apart from knowing it came from God.
    I will agree with you on one thing. We have a lot of abortions in this country. Every time a celebrity wants to adopt, they head off to Africa. They have extra.
    Well past time to update the adoption process in this country. Not saying to make it easier, 'cuz there's way too many fruits and nuts out there, but just less expensive - there are loads of excellent prospective parents out there who can either afford to adopt a child, or to raise that child, but not both.
    Also, what is an "abortion protest after party" like? What's the mood like? Is it all bibles and bloody billboards or do you go have a couple drinks?
    I really have no idea what you're talking about.

We do like to get together for dinner after a board meeting or event, and PLM has a Christmas party every year as a kind of meet and greet in the pro-life community, but we're saving the really big party until when we are no longer needed.
    Last edited by Shadow1; 06-30-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    WOW, this has got to be one of CTN's most popular threads.

I'm supposed to be going out tonight but I think I'd rather stay at home and enjoy this masterpiece.
    Well, Jump in and stir the pot.

Perhaps a nice debate on the proper additives to a cup of coffee?
    73 DE W5SSJ

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

I'm disapointed - I was expecting to arrive here and see this on page 30 already. It seems I was not the only one sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    I could debate this one for weeks on end (and have) but I'm eating lunch, enjoying the free wi-fi, so I'm only going to make a single point:

If I'm wrong, then I am responsible for inconveniencing many women at a difficult time in their lives. They have my heartfelt apologies. If the pro-abortionists are wrong they are complicit in advocating the gruesome murder of over 55million innocent unborn children in the U.S. alone.

How sure are you of your opinion?
    100% sure actually. I believe the main difference between Pro-Lifers and Pro-Choicers is that the first want to take from women the possibility of deciding for themselves. I'm not particularly in favour of abortion, at least generally speaking (there are a few cases that, if I found myself on a particularly dificult situation, I would at least consider it) - what I think is that I don't think it is right that I get onto other's peoples lives and tell them what to do and what not to do.

Answer your own question - Who made you god (or anyone else) to decide it is fine that a child has to die simply as a matter of convenience.
    And who made you god (or anyone else) to tell someone what they should or shouldn't do?

... and you are correct, God is the ultimate judge. God also commands us to do what is right - and when you and I stand before him on judgment day how do you plan on explaining yourself? I got enough to answer for without adding abortion to the list.
    Actually that doesn't worry me a bit. If I'm right and there is no god, then that's a scenario that will simply not happen. If I'm wrong and there is, in fact, the god described by catholics and christians (what is the difference, by the way?), then by all accounts he's supposed to be all-forgiving and all that, so I'll probably walk away with a slap on the back of my head.

FYI - Both of my children were unplanned - my wife was told trying to have a baby could kill her - but we have them. Seems the doctors didn't know as much as they thought they did...
    My child was also unplanned - it wasn't because of our beliefs that we went for an abortion. Once again, it's all about giving others the option of choice.

you have my prayers.
    If it makes you feel better, then by all means pray away.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

lets get this into perspective:

I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!
    Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
    Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
    Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!

on a more serious note regarding abortion. I was brought up through the salvation army, then church so i have a fair idea and understanding of what the church should stand for. I however do not go to church anymore so it does not make me a christian or anything else but thats besides the point. I personnaly dont like abortion because of what it is but I do respect it under the right reasons. I think under sexuall assualt and medical reasons then yes but if its because of an "accident" or quick fumble then you really need to be educated about sex or refrain from it. However, we or most of us live in a democratic world where we have that option be it right or wrong and i would rather live with the freedom to make those choices than to not have them at all.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hell yeah this is what I'm talking about! And here I thought it was going to be another boring Saturday morning...

Looks like my witty banter and intelligence may have finally sparked an honest interest in discussing the matter. I have no problem answering your questions, so long as you have no problem reading them at face value.

I have indeed spent a precious few hours sidewalk counseling, but it was readily appearant that wasn't where I am most effective in the ministry. That is in places like this - in a good debate, giving speeches, and hosting educational events.

I do not really like the graphic signs the liberally biased media thinks we all drag around with us everywhere we go. Truth is the use of such signs is extremely rare, and the general policy in the pro-life community is to provide a warning sign that they're being displayed up ahead and provide a "detour" route. Having said that, those signs do have value - Yes they are ugly, the truth sometimes is, but some people have to see it to believe it - and if it's too ugly to look at, it's too ugly to tolerate.

You also mention women who have been raped - statistically this accounts for less than 1% of abortions, although I personally believe that number is a bit low. Victims of rape generally want to put everything behind them. Hence the abortion - to "make it all go away." For various reasons the crime is rarely reported, and therefore not tied to the abortion. Regardless, these victims need support and compassion, not to be victimized a second time by the abortion industry (as the majority of rape/abortion survivors attest, given a little time to reflect on it and settle out of panic mode)

This is even more the case with victims of incest (which is not limited to, or even most prominent in Mississippi - that would be Alabama) Again the statistic is around 1% of abortions are from incest, and I believe this is VASTLY underreported - you have no idea how many underage girls are dragged (sometimes literally) into the abortion clinic by their abusers to cover up the crime. How many of those cases do you think are reported for the statistic. Fortunately in Mississippi we just got a law passed requiring any underage girl having an abortion to be reported and investigated as statutory rape, and for the abortionist to retain DNA evidence to assist in the prosecution. Bottom line if a 15 year old girl is having an abortion under any circumstances, a crime has been committed.

It is the general policy of the sidewalk counselors to offer real facts on the health risks of abortion, information on financial and medical assistance, adoption, legal assistance, safe-houses, etc.

Most of the lunatics you see on TV show up magically when the cameras do, and none of the dedicated sidewalk counselors have ever seen or heard from them before. (and yes there are a few genuine lunatics, as there are in any group. We groan when we see them coming, and try to stick a pacifier in their mouth...)

Do you realize the adoption list wait is typically 4 1/2 years - and that's not to say it's a 5 year wait before getting to adopt, that's the average, and many of those would-be-parents are never blessed with a child - they simply give up after too many heartbreaks.

What is it then? When does it become a person? What is the requirement? At the point when most abortions are performed the baby has all of the organs and systems it will need to survive on its own - everything is developed and functional, although not fully capable of supporting itself yet, but even that's becoming debatable. Most abortions are done at 10-12 weeks, and the current record for the youngest surviving preemie is 19weeks 2days. (and there was one right here in Jackson, MS who survived at 19weeks 6days) The child has a heartbeat 18-21 DAYS after conception - Mom misses her 1st period at exactly 14 days.

The rest of your point is invalid. Eggs are indeed delicious, but so are chickens. I'm hoping noone here will say the same about babies. Chickens have no consciousness - people do, and while I acknowledge the existence of certain bird-brained people I'll leave them to identify themselves.

Truth is truth, but I've been around long enough to know religion does not have a corner on the truth market - quite the opposite in many cases. The fact is that God and Truth have a pretty tight relationship, and that God's Truth still makes sense even apart from knowing it came from God.

Well past time to update the adoption process in this country. Not saying to make it easier, 'cuz there's way too many fruits and nuts out there, but just less expensive - there are loads of excellent prospective parents out there who can either afford to adopt a child, or to raise that child, but not both.

I really have no idea what you're talking about.

We do like to get together for dinner after a board meeting or event, and PLM has a Christmas party every year as a kind of meet and greet in the pro-life community, but we're saving the really big party until when we are no longer needed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

I Need a ricoh MPC305 parts manual if anyone as one...............

This is the right place to ask right?

edit: Im willing to pay absolutely Nothing!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Sidewalk counseling...that's a good one. A victim of a crime should not.be forced to carry her attackers seed to term. In my opinion that is punishing the victim. If men had babies we would be handing abortions out on every street corner. I also think that is Mary got drunk one night and ends up knocked up, she should have the choice. Are these the types of unresponsible parents we want raising kids. Instead of abortions we should sterilize dumb people, everyone is happy except for the stupid.

As for coffee: lotsa cream, lotsa sugar, and a splash of coffee. I recsntly found Italian sweet cream and man is it yummy.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!