Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Manual 4you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Re: Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I believe the main difference between Pro-Lifers and Pro-Choicers is that the first want to take from women the possibility of deciding for themselves.
    ... and this is where I think you've gone 100% wrong - We have no desire to interfere with anyone else's life, but we recognize that the unborn child is also a human being, and that all human beings deserve the same protection. At that point it becomes an unfortunate contest between the mother's convenience and the child's life...

Life wins. We speak for those who can't speak for themselves.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Manual 4you

I'm disapointed - I was expecting to arrive here and see this on page 30 already. It seems I was not the only one sleeping.
    I took a short trip on my time machine this morning and jumped ahead to page 30... Nothing happened... but there was a lot of it, and some of it was pretty funny.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have to dissent on part of your views mojorolla on this issue...

Like it or not the female is the one equipped to having babies...no matter how the sperm got there.

A rape victim is not just carrying the seed of the rapist...she is also carrying a living creature in which 50% of it came from her body, egg, and genetic make up. It's still her son or daughter just as much as the rapists.

And one crime (rape) does not excuse another (murder). If we're not going to protect the most innocent of us (babies) from murder then why even consider murder a crime. Wipe those laws off the books.

At least the rape victim has more options and protections than the murder victim. The woman can take self defense classes, carry weapons, seek criminal and civil prosecution from her raper, and seek medical help through medicines and therapy...the murder victim gets nothing.

If a woman thinks it's psychologically traumatizing reliving the rape...well ask yourself, if after a few months or years have passed and you start to stabilize from the trauma...how are you going to feel if you should start to think about how you killed the baby? I would think that would be more psychologically damaging...and remember, the death of the baby is irreversible once it's been done. Let that be on their conscience.

Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    If a woman thinks it's psychologically traumatizing reliving the rape...well ask yourself, if after a few months or years have passed and you start to stabilize from the trauma...how are you going to feel if you should start to think about how you killed the baby? I would think that would be more psychologically damaging...and remember, the death of the baby is irreversible once it's been done. Let that be on their conscience.
    I've talked to countless post-abortive women, and nearly all of them regret the decision once they have time to process it. Unfortunately the magic number seems to be about 5 years for the amount of time it takes to process.

I've also talked to more rape victims than anyone would ever want to, and the odd thing is that it takes far less time for them to regret their abortion.

And lastly, I've talked to girls as young a 13 who were forced to have an abortion to cover up the crime so the abuse could continue. Would you care to guess their opinion?

And I prefer my coffee with 1 packet of Splenda and 2 French Vanilla creamers. This is free at my office... anything else I have to pay for.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    ... and this is where I think you've gone 100% wrong - We have no desire to interfere with anyone else's life, but we recognize that the unborn child is also a human being, and that all human beings deserve the same protection. At that point it becomes an unfortunate contest between the mother's convenience and the child's life...
    The whole discussion, in the end, boils down to when the fetus stops being just another grouping of cells and starts being an actual human being - the reason why I mentioned earlier that over-the-top-of-my-head value of 3 months of gestation. That time frame will vary depending on who you ask, but don't come tell me that an egg and a sperm, separated, are already a human being - that makes as much sense as handing a brick to someone and telling him "Take it, that's your house!".

As for coffee, I stop pouring sugar when the spoon can stand upright.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Manual 4you

The whole discussion, in the end, boils down to when the fetus stops being just another grouping of cells and starts being an actual human being - the reason why I mentioned earlier that over-the-top-of-my-head value of 3 months of gestation. That time frame will vary depending on who you ask, but don't come tell me that an egg and a sperm, separated, are already a human being - that makes as much sense as handing a brick to someone and telling him "Take it, that's your house!".
    Heartbeat: 3 days after mom gets the first clue she's pregnant.

There is no line that's as hard and fast as either fertilization or birth unless you agree with Sen. Feinstein who thinks it isn't a baby until you bring it home from the hospital (yes she really did say that - right on the floor of the Senate) Let's look at the birth line - the child makes a journey of less than 12 inches - what changes other than location?

Fertilization on the other hand is different - once that occurs all the child needs is nutrition and oxygen to become what you or anyone else considers a human being. Same requirements we have - stop giving one of us nutrition and / or oxygen and see what happens.

You can debate the blastocyst / zygote / fetus / baby line until you're blue in the face, but there's really no difference between them other than the number of cells. At no other point can you make the determination if it does / doesn't have all the things necessary to become a full grown human than fertilization.

When it comes to something as important as life if you don't know you have to go with the most conservative answer.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Heartbeat: 3 days after mom gets the first clue she's pregnant.

There is no line that's as hard and fast as either fertilization or birth unless you agree with Sen. Feinstein who thinks it isn't a baby until you bring it home from the hospital (yes she really did say that - right on the floor of the Senate) Let's look at the birth line - the child makes a journey of less than 12 inches - what changes other than location?

Fertilization on the other hand is different - once that occurs all the child needs is nutrition and oxygen to become what you or anyone else considers a human being. Same requirements we have - stop giving one of us nutrition and / or oxygen and see what happens.

You can debate the blastocyst / zygote / fetus / baby line until you're blue in the face, but there's really no difference between them other than the number of cells. At no other point can you make the determination if it does / doesn't have all the things necessary to become a full grown human than fertilization.

When it comes to something as important as life if you don't know you have to go with the most conservative answer.
    And, with that, we come to a conclusive... erm... conclusion: No matter what I say, I won't make you change your mind; and vice-versa. What I'm surprised about is the fact that this discussion went as civilized as it went (not because of you, Shadow1, but I kind of half-expected for some radical nitwit from either field to come here and start throwing shit all around)... I'm disappointed... what else can we discuss to revive this once-so-thriving thread?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Well mrwho, you are stupid for taking the position that you do and are dead wrong to boot.

Oh, and you are an asshole and can go pound sand up your gay ass for being so dumb...if you can manage to get the two d*cks and the hamster out of it first...

And, with that, we come to a conclusive... erm... conclusion: No matter what I say, I won't make you change your mind; and vice-versa. What I'm surprised about is the fact that this discussion went as civilized as it went (not because of you, Shadow1, but I kind of half-expected for some radical nitwit from either field to come here and start throwing shit all around)... I'm disappointed... what else can we discuss to revive this once-so-thriving thread?

Manual 4you

Have to agree with you on that one... Be blessed in your ignorance, as you have blessed me in mine... ;-)

Now let's see what else we can stir up. I guess the best choice would be politics.

ObamaCare for Dummies.jpg

Please Don't Feed the Animals.jpg
    73 DE W5SSJ

Just for the real idiots out there and I know there are some...I hope everyone realizes why I just posted the comment that I did...

...in other words just kidding to start shit...