Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Manual 4you

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Re: Manual 4you

I can't believe my literal art was not mentioned in mjarbar's post. It appears to have had a lasting effect on at least one of our members.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Hey, Shadow1! Here's an updated avatar for you, I think it's more you!

Attachment 16559
    That's so wrong... I love it!

I've always pictured noxious vapors as green... and you need to cycle the head banging 2 or 3 times so you can have the cloud float up to the ceiling... Or maybe another stick figure with a vacuum...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It's about time we all grab our guns while it's still semi-legal in the USA to actually own a gun and do what our forefathers did.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrenecopy View Post
    I've got news for all of you that live in the US; BOTH PARTIES HAVE SCREWED THIS COUNTRY UP! It don't matter if it is democrats or republicans, they have all screwed you and I royaly. And I get extreamly mad when one party starts blaming the other party. Dick heads and hypocrites. They wrote the tax code that allows people to not pay taxes, they wrote the tax codes that allow businesses to not pay taxes, they wrote the banking laws and then blame the banks for screwing every thing up. Dick heads and hypocrites. They caused the unemployement problem we have today and neither party wants to help get us out of it, they only want to make themselves look good when they tell everybody they want to help. Actions speak louder than words buttheads! If you owned a company and it was not doing well you fire the manager and bring in a new manager what would your reaction be to the new manager 4 years later when you are still not making money and all he does is make nice speaches and blame the old manager for the problem. I'd fire his ass! I don't care what party he represents. It is time for term limits on congress and the senate, no retirement for any of them when they leave, they must follow the same laws as you and me, buy their own damn healthcare, buy their own car, etc etc. Time to take back the country and if you still believe the your party is better than the other party YOU are just as much to blame for this countries problems as they are! Vote them all out!

This should be interesting..................................

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Wait, don't forget I get credit for teaching everybody the difference between caramel, butterscotch, and toffee; and the differences between cheap american corn syrup kind and authentic french kind with real cream and butter...

...and someone else from that started the martha steward daytime emmy winning thread...

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    Just to recap the first 10 pages:

We started on Manuals4you and rep - Sweet Persona which took us...
    Onto Politics - Mr Who
    Meeting God - Mojorolla
    Back to politics - Henry T2
    Back to religion and still on politics - Kingpd (the definition of multi-tasking)
    Brief comment on abortion - Mojorolla (this would not be taken up again untill after page 11)
    Meanwhile the politics was still in full swing which brought about the...
    Start of a flame war between pjdbm and Hemlock with mojorolla getting pulled in
    Kingpd took us back to politics while
    blsquires took us briefly back to manuals4you while the flame war was still in full swing. However as this was getting good the masses of CTN sat down with there fave snack and started a side tread on the merits of types of popcorn flavouring and Cracker Jacks.

Tune in next week folks when we head back to the teens...same bat-time, same bat-channel...

mjarbar

Quote Originally Posted by kyrenecopy View Post
    I've got news for all of you that live in the US; BOTH PARTIES HAVE SCREWED THIS COUNTRY UP! It don't matter if it is democrats or republicans, they have all screwed you and I royaly. And I get extreamly mad when one party starts blaming the other party. Dick heads and hypocrites.
    This should be interesting..................................
    I am English so I will not profess to know the entire ins and outs of American politics, but will say there are a lot of similarities in the effect both systems are having on our respective countries and cultures.

So while surfing around for a Gabby Hayes quote for something completely different, I came across the quote below and just thought how apt it is at this time.

'It is the desire of the good people of the whole country that sectionalism as a factor in our politics should disappear...' - Rutherford B Hayes.

mjarbar

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I can't believe my literal art was not mentioned in mjarbar's post. It appears to have had a lasting effect on at least one of our members.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Wait, don't forget I get credit for teaching everybody the difference between caramel, butterscotch, and toffee; and the differences between cheap american corn syrup kind and authentic french kind with real cream and butter...

...and someone else from that started the martha steward daytime emmy winning thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    I don't recall being asleep at the switch for the first 10 pages of this thread, therefore I must insist you mention me by name... After all, I am infamous.

Perhaps you could scour this thread for the stupidest thing I've said, which of course will automatically be expanded to all 1200+ posts here on CTN - the inevitable bickering is sure to be good entertainment, and if that doesn't push us to 500, I don't know what will.
    Whilst not ignoring your witty and profound contributions to the first ten pages - I simply didn't have the willpower at 1AM local time to re-type the whole ten pages as a reminder.

I am humberly sorry

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    That's so wrong... I love it!

I've always pictured noxious vapors as green... and you need to cycle the head banging 2 or 3 times so you can have the cloud float up to the ceiling... Or maybe another stick figure with a vacuum...
    Give me time to work on it...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Hey don't forget someone hooked me up with a gaming manual for a FF game....and to update on that...I got this awesome free Final Fantasy manual and the used game I bought didn't work in my gamecube...so I returned it...2nd disc was a no go as well....and finally got a 3rd disc....and still not able to play it....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Manual 4you

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Hey don't forget someone hooked me up with a gaming manual for a FF game....and to update on that...I got this awesome free Final Fantasy manual and the used game I bought didn't work in my gamecube...so I returned it...2nd disc was a no go as well....and finally got a 3rd disc....and still not able to play it....
    After 3 attempts, one might start suspecting the cube of being at fault - unless every other game works fine.

I had a similar situation with Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds and my original XBOX. One day the game just stopped working (as a result of a nice big scratch on it after it was borrowed to someone without my permission), so I went out and happened to track down another one, which also didn't work.

I wound up disassembling my system and cleaning off a nice layer of dust. Game worked fine afterwards...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

I might have to do that as I'm having an issue with another game...tho it's pretty scratched up...but the 3 FF discs I tried all crashed at different places upon trying to load the game to setting the game up....not that big of a deal really...tho I am gonna have to hunt down that MtG:Battleground game...I haven't played something like that in forever....I have a huge box full of cards just sitting at home one of my old NCO's gave me when I got out of the military....I just don't know anyone local to play against...which is fine...I'm really wanting to get into some WH 40k tabletop..is a group around here...but just having a new baby boy recently and the fact WH 40k is an expensive hobby I'm gonna have to put that off for a while...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."