Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sorry but I have to BITCH about Densi and Partsnow...comments solicited as well.

So Densigraphix (aka: Densi) decided to partner with Partsnow.com. I tried to find some parts numbers and couldn't find some, found price increases (was told no increases) and many things unavailable. Also, I wanted a master spreadsheet to update my site with...densi.com had this and partsnow.com apparently doesn't...

So I don't know if I'm going to switch parts suppliers or not. I have used precisionroller.com before but they're pretty pricey at times.

So here's the email I sent them...also, does anybody have a list of parts/supplies vendors they'd recommend?

---
    Hi Julie,

Logged on and tested some stuff out on the new parts now site. Honestly, I’m a little disappointed though. It looks like a lot of things are unavailable or at least there’s no button to add them to the cart.

And I noticed the Imagetone/Pearltone products (refill bottles) and remanufactured toner cartridges from Densi that I used to get are now a staggering 20%+ higher cost than they were just a few months ago. I can understand a little price increase here and there but 20% is very extreme.

What disappoints me the most with the price increase however is the fact that both representatives from Densi and Partsnow told me over the phone that there would be no price increases during the transition.

Further, I find the new site more complex than it used to be. The Densi site was simpler and I could in just a few clicks download a master inventory file to pdf or excel. This was helpful because with a master excel file of all the products I can integrate things into my e-commerce site. Now I only see the option to export very specific categories which would be quite burdensome.

If I could go back to the simplicity, added excel export functions, and lower prices from the old densi site, I’d gladly wait an extra two days to receive a product.

Can you do anything about any of my concerns? I’d appreciate a bump up the chain of command so something can be done. I did rather enjoy having Densi as a supplier.

Thanks,
    Patrick King

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Sorry but I have to BITCH about Densi and Partsnow...comments solicited as well.

A few years ago a lot of the peole who worked for parts now, moved to Liberty Parts Team. Much better. Just like old Parts Now. Call 608-268-7600.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Re: Sorry but I have to BITCH about Densi and Partsnow...comments solicited as well.

I'll have to check them out. Anyone ever heard of Imagestar in Connecticut?

----update-----

I just talked with Dan Casey from Densi direct. He's a really nice guy and very understanding. So far we're working out our issues and hopefully going to get to a resolution in the future. I do feel better after talking to him. I'll keep updating as things progress.

I always did like Densi, their pricing was very nice in my opinion and their imagetone and pearltone lines of toners and cartridges for desktop models always worked great.

::I'm keeping my fingers crossed::

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts skookumchuck's Avatar

Don't think I've dealt with Densi but we have recently gone to Liberty from PartsNow and are finding them very satisfactory.

Densi is canadian based. They used to ship their products from canada to new york then to anywhere in the USA.

Partsnow has warehouses in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and California. So Densi put all their inventory on Partsnow's website...only the transition isn't going so smoothly. Plus I don't think my new sales rep at Partsnow quite understands my needs...that's always a problem, when a sales rep doesn't understand your needs, doesn't prioritize you meeting your needs, or understand technically your needs.

I just talked to Jason Meyering today from Liberty Parts and he seems decent so far...we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by skookumchuck View Post
    Don't think I've dealt with Densi but we have recently gone to Liberty from PartsNow and are finding them very satisfactory.

Add another miserable f*ck up company to the list...Katun Corporation.

I just bitched them out. You should see the messed up email I got from them.

Alright...anyone out there buying from Densi or Partsnow may find this interesting.

I happened to have downloaded a master spreadsheet of all the parts and supplies before Densi partnered with Partsnow. So I have ALL of the HISTORICAL prices...these are only a few months old...

When I pointed out that toners went up 20% from a few months ago, I was told it was a glitch (actually both companies said prices weren't going to change so that's lie #1)

Lie #2: that most of the products should be the same price with no increases...well I did some sample testing from the old price file and the new website...this is astonishing.

A few fuser rollers, increased by about 9% (not too bad)

Toner cartridges up about 20% (pretty steep)

Several other sample fuser items increased about 54% (are you fucking kidding me)?

Sampled bags of developers up 66.5% (wow).

So apparently it's not just a glitch or the sales lady was lying to me yet again...