Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Katun Corporation can go blow toner out their asses!

Well another company can go fuck itself...I'm not even going to bother fighting this one...they seem to think I don't fix office equipment...here's the emails: my reply and their original.

To Whom It May Concern:

We sell and service all brands of copiers and printers and are authorized specifically by Konica Minolta, NEC, Sharp, Kyocera, Copystar, Ricoh, Toshiba, Xerox, HP, and Lexmark and have factory trained technicians on most of those brands.
    If you don’t want us as a customer because of your poor “research of [our] company”, (whatever that means) then that is fine. We will continue to buy from much more reputable and friendly firms such as:
    Densi, Precision Roller, Imagestar, Liberty Parts, ImproCorp, Collins, NuWorld, Carolina Wholesale, etc., etc.,
    They all seem more than willing to take our money in exchange for parts and supplies and ongoing business.
    We also belong to several professional print and copier/printer technical forums, some of the users are most likely customers of yours; we will be sure to post forum threads on our bad experience with your company.
    Thanks and good day!
    Patrick King
    Managing Director

Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 9:59 AM
    To: KINGPD@KINGOFFICESOLUTIONS.COM
    Subject: Katun Corporation: Account Application Inquiry

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your interest in Katun Corporation. Our research for your company indicates that your primary business falls outside of our industry and therefore would not qualify you to establish an account. If this is incorrect, please provide us with a description of your business practices as well as the OEM equipment you are authorized to sell and/or service and we would be happy to review your request again.

To become a Katun customer, your company will need to sell, service and/or repair copiers, printers and/or fax machines for profit. If this is the nature of your business and you are interested in becoming a customer of Katun Corporation, please let us know so we can forward an account application to you to complete. The Katun contact information is listed below.

If you are looking to purchase products for your own machines, we are more than happy to refer you to a Katun customer in your area that can meet your needs.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-328-2965 if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

KATUN CORPORATION
    Customer Administration Department
    10951 Bush Lake Road
    Minneapolis, MN 55438

Customer Administration E-mail: CSTADMIN@KATUN.COM
    Telephone: 1-800-328-2965 or 952-941-9505
    Fax: 1-800-752-4390 or 952-941-4307

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Katun Corporation can go blow toner out their asses!

ok, i know your pissed on this but.......

1. yes its piss poor research on there part not to have any history or infomation on your business more likely down to a credit rating agency.

2. I understand why they wont give you an account unless they know its a business there dealing with. Imagine if you were selling/using there products and they sold there items to anybody - you would be very hacked off as your losing revenue by being cut out of the deal which could lead to labour rates on fitting katun parts etc.

as i said it sounds like they were given some duff infomation on your company which doesnt help you but like it says in their reply "If this is incorrect, please provide us with a description of your business practices as well as the OEM equipment you are authorized to sell and/or service and we would be happy to review your request again."

I can understand that. We always prepay, so my firm has almost zero debt which I think is outstanding.

Actually we didn't even request credit terms...we never do as long as they accept credit cards.

I had to fill out an online form just to get an application to be a customer and I specifically stated we deal in office equipment plus from our website it clearly shows we do office equipment: (see below)

About Us

• Local family owned and operated business serving central PA since 1984
    • High quality personalized service experience
    • No red tape; owners personally available at all times
    • One stop shop for office solutions needs;
      • Office equipment sales, service, support, parts, supplies,
      • Office equipment fleet management and consulting services,
      • Many types of equipment offered:
        • Copiers, printers, faxes
        • New, used, refurbished
        • Paper, document, and mail processing equipment
        • Folders
        • Mail inserters
        • Collators
        • Mergers
        • Print and Mail-house brokering
        • Forms management, design, and equipment
          • Pressure sealers

• Auxilliary services brokered via Taxperts, LLC and PA Payroll
        • Full service business and personal tax services
        • Full service payroll processing solution

Ya know what though. I've seen these kinds of things many times throughout the years. These companies think they are so awesome and untouchable so they get so picky and have piss poor processes in place.

Then the shit hits the fan and these poorly run companies are the first ones out there contradicting themselves and marketing like crazy to get more business before they get eaten up by another company or fail.

If you piss your customers off in your first email to them, you aren't going to do very well for very long...do you want to sell stuff or not?

For every problem company there are ten more in line waiting to take my money so I'm not even going to "appeal" their bullshit process just to get an application.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

I don't think it matters about getting credit . Most requests will go through a credit check even if you don't want it. I applied to my bank 4 years ago for a loan on my car. my credit history is either good or excellent according to credit reports yet my bank turned me down who I've been with for over 20 years - now that f**ked me off a lot. I just went direct to VW and got accepted within 10 minutes - what I'm saying is it happens and your right. Me when my bank asks me about my mortgage or loans I remind them and watch them squirm with embarrassment. Ask them why they turned you down over the phone - in the uk we have the right to ask to see why you get turned down and sometimes it can be an error on the credit check or admin error which effects everything you might want to buy.

They didn't turn me down for credit or anything like that...they don't want to sell to me because they think based on their research that I don't fix office equipment.

So apparently they think they know more about my business than I do.

I must be pretty darn good at sales though...because apparently I tricked a lot of people into believing that the products they bought this year were copiers and printers...wonder what I really sold them...toasters maybe???

And my customers must be delusional because no one has returned anything yet.