Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Not so funny joke of the day.

Re: Not so funny joke of the day.

In the theme of Mad magazine's "Snappy answers to stupid questions.) For Copier Techs.

1. I have a hammer/ gun/ dynamite if that will help. // I have my own fine adjustment tools thank you.

2. You're back. // And my front too.

3. Hasn't worked since the last tech was here.// I WAS the last tech here and the last problem was operator caused.

4. You are her so often we should give you a desk/ parking space/ coffee cup/ office.// I will settle for health insurance.

5. You are here so often we should invite you to the Xmas party.// I am Jewish! I don't have time for parties because I spend too much time babysitting operators like you.

6. Are you here again?// With that kind of attitude, I am surprised you are still here.

7. If it does it again I am going to roll it outside.// Can I watch you try? Your contract doesn't cover weather damage. You brake it, you buy it.

8. It must be bad, you have the book out.// Do you know what wire this goes to? Neither do I, that is why I need the book. Can you memorize 100 + error codes? Do you know the part number for this?

9. Can I make just 1 copy?// Knock yourself out!

10. Are you going to fix it right this time?// It was never broken, I just didn't fix you right, but I can't fix stupid.

11. Is it working?// No it is on a toner break.

12. Is it down?// No just a little depressed.

13. Did we buy a lemon?// No, that is just my cleaner you smell.

14. With so many parts I could get a new machine.// So if your car needs tires, do you buy a new car?

15. Will you clean my house.// Sure, you clean this toner mess and I will clean your clock.

16. I want a new machine.// I will be happy to sell you one, but I can't give you a trade in until you pay for this one.

17. Any of the above.// Laugh and say "That is the first time I heard that." Pause and say "This week."

Just some snappy answers I wish I could say some days.
    Think about them when you get the questions and just sit there and giggle. Keeps them guessing.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

A few years ago I walked in to a site and a guy said "Boy, I see you more than my wife". I just stood and looked at him and at the end of a long awkward pause I slowly ask in a low deep voice "Are......You......hitting on me??" His eyes got big, his smile went away and he forever left me alone.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

One time I responded to the ".. Are you here again?" comment with "No, I am here STILL- I got locked in last night because your staff decided to leave early"

-crickets-
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Can I make just one copy?// Do you ask your mechanic if you can get in your car and just start it up?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

One time I responded to the ".. Are you here again?" comment with "No, I am here STILL- I got locked in last night because your staff decided to leave early"
    There have been multiple times that I've had then say "I have to leave can you lock up the office when you get done."

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brewster67 View Post
    There have been multiple times that I've had then say "I have to leave can you lock up the office when you get done."
    I sure hope you said "No".

Accepting that would be the the definition of the word "liability".
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rick Martinez's Avatar

Yup specially when you are testing the equipment and the customer is watching and waititng for it to jam, and they always say "...its not doing it because you're here, but once you leave it jams..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Martinez View Post
    Yup specially when you are testing the equipment and the customer is watching and waititng for it to jam, and they always say "...its not doing it because you're here, but once you leave it jams..."
    That is my out the door warranty. I will sit outside for 5 minutes, just to see if you call back.

My Office Manager got a call from a very rude and demanding customer the other day that demanded someone show up to remove a jam,"RIGHT NOW!!!!"In a calm voice she told the Bi*&h, "I'm sorry, but my Star Trek transporter is down and I am waiting for the tech to drive out here to fix it."By the time I got there, the Bi*&h had removed the jam herself and was surprised I showed up so fast, 45 minutes later.
    Last edited by nmfaxman; 08-07-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Martinez View Post
    When I finish checking/fixing a machine and I'm packing up to leave, when they ask me "Can I test it?" I usually reply "Not yet, let me grab my things first!"
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!