Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

mpc calibration question - not needed in ricoh forum

any one know why the 1200 dpi calibration page comes out really slow against the other calibration pages? havent got a problem with it just wondering why?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: mpc calibration question - not needed in ricoh forum

As I understand it:

The higher the resolution, the more time the machine takes to run process control before it prints the ACC test pattern. The machine slows down to make sure the complete image is transferred from the drums to the ITB, the ITB to the paper and as the paper enters the fuser it keeps to it's low speed to ensure proper fusing with higher resolution and coverage.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    mpc calibration question - not needed in ricoh forum

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    As I understand it:

The higher the resolution, the more time the machine takes to run process control before it prints the ACC test pattern. The machine slows down to make sure the complete image is transferred from the drums to the ITB, the ITB to the paper and as the paper enters the fuser it keeps to it's low speed to ensure proper fusing with higher resolution and coverage.
    My idea exactly: Extra processing time and also speed down in order for the drums to slow down as well, giving the laser the ability of writing more lines in the same area.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

it makes sense what you say just that 900, 600 dpi comes out the same speed (i think) unless 1200 dpi is pushing its capabilities to the max and so has to really slow down but take the 2090/2105 that runs at 1200dpi that again doesnt look as though it slows down. It may well do but not like to 1200dpi on the mpc range. I know its a black and white but just me being curious as to why its a lot slower when you do 1200 dpi calibration to a 600dpi.