Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Have you been to Chick-fil-A today...

Re: Have you been to Chick-fil-A today...

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    What a moron. One day of lines around the block will not even come close to all the business they will lose in the long run. Don't get me wrong, he is entitled to his opinion, but not a very smart business move.
    And this is why shit does not get done in this country. Solidarity comes in the form of an anti-gay chicken sandwich. Not curing cancer, or finding new energy sources; we rally behind a chicken sandwich chain....only in America.
    It started with women's rights, then civil rights, now it is gay rights. Just like all its predecessors, it is simply a matter of time.

Covino and Rich touched on this. Yeah it's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but it's a horrible business move to announce that speaking as a representative for the entire Chick-Fil-A company. What about the franchise owners? The guys who happened to have sunk their entire family fortune into running a Chick-Fil-A of their own? Surely they can't all share the same beliefs as their CEO, and now they're going to lose business because of it.

I'm all for free speech, but keep religion separate from business, it will never end well. Likewise, on the opposite end of the spectrum, some people just don't give a damn and would prefer to keep going just for the awesome chicken sandwiches. It is entirely within the realm of possibility that you can purchase a fine product for being a fine product while simultaneously not supporting the CEO in his beliefs.

Reminds me of something I once heard... Only in America can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

And this is why shit does not get done in this country. Solidarity comes in the form of an anti-gay chicken sandwich. Not curing cancer, or finding new energy sources; we rally behind a chicken sandwich chain....only in America.
    No shit. It's pretty f&ckin pathetic.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Well that's the way I'm thinking also Shadow1. The guy only said they are pro family values. Marrage is between a man and women. That's the way it has been thou out history. So the pro gay folks have to have a fit about it. My goodness.

Something that I've alway wondered tho. At the gay pride parades. What is there to be proud about?? You can put a dick up you a$$. Ya, really proud about that one. Right.

Also, if everyone became a homo sexaul then in about 60 years we would be an extinet specie. Don't think that's normal?

But sorry if I offend any of you folks out there.
    I doubt your "witty" banter will offend many in the rants and raves. Besides, stupidity just makes this thread more entertaining.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Wow. I quoted Mr Bill before he posted.

Somehow my posts are going back in time!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Wow. I quoted Mr Bill before he posted.
    You quoted him before he answered me... maybe Aneurysm is trying to roll back the clock to before when CTN got hacked...
    73 DE W5SSJ

Glad to see I am not the only one posting from the past. Now that I look at it again, Mr Bills post is from tomorrow, so he is posting from the future!
    That's one hell of an exploit on the new server.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Ok, I think I get it now. Chikfila is ultra conservative, anti-gay, etc., etc. Hmm...didn't know that. Cracker Barrel is the same way.
    No - they're not anti-gay, they're pro traditional marriage and pro traditional values. They're not bashing gays - that's just as wrong as bashing Christians. I'll give you one of my own quotes to sum it up: I support the right of people to live as they wish, I just don't support their belief that they have the right to hijack my beliefs and traditions.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well that's the way I'm thinking also Shadow1. The guy only said they are pro family values. Marrage is between a man and women. That's the way it has been thou out history. So the pro gay folks have to have a fit about it. My goodness.

Something that I've alway wondered tho. At the gay pride parades. What is there to be proud about?? You can put a dick up you a$$. Ya, really proud about that one. Right.

Also, if everyone became a homo sexaul then in about 60 years we would be an extinet specie. Don't think that's normal?

But sorry if I offend any of you folks out there.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well just because someone has a deffernt view does not make then stupid or a moron.

That's the trouble with the left. If you don't agree with them just start throwing insults.

Thanks Mo