Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar

Talking Funniest Customer Story

If you have been in the business very long you will bound to have a few stories to share.

One of the funniest stories I have concerned a very nice customer of mine. She was new with the law firm and placed a call for jamming on her machine. I talked to her on the phone and had her put new paper in. Still jammed. Arrived on site, walked up to copier and opened the offending paper tray. I immediately shut and ran to my car where I almost died of laughter. I then calmly walked back in pulled the tray out, took the paper out and ......REMOVED THE WRAPPER!!!!!!

That wasn't the funniest part though. She had done it twice. I was talking to my key operator who said that she came to her for paper because the copier was out of paper. The key op had given her 2 reams.

Did I mention that she was a lawyer?
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Dumb ass lawyers LOL.

One thing I've learned doing this job over the years is a lot of these people that are meant to be highly skilled and intelligent e.g your doctor's, teachers, bankers etc are not actually that bright at all.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaZ View Post
    Dumb ass lawyers LOL.

One thing I've learned doing this job over the years is a lot of these people that are meant to be highly skilled and intelligent e.g your doctor's, teachers, bankers etc are not actually that bright at all.

ya can say that again daz.. especially when it comes to teachers and other school related staff..and to think, these are the damn people in charge of teaching our kids....scary ain't it...

Quote Originally Posted by just a tech View Post
    ya can say that again daz.. especially when it comes to teachers and other school related staff..and to think, these are the damn people in charge of teaching our kids....scary ain't it...
    That is why we home-school our children!

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    thoses who can do-do
    those who can't do- teach

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

doc feeder jam

went on a service call 4 hours away, jamming in the doc feeder. Doctors office. Secretary said it jams in doc feeder, it jammed when I tried it. I knew there was a paper clip or staple blocking the path. No big deal. "Here you go" I said pulling out a piece of paper with a staple attached. Now let's see how it works for you. She places about 5 sheets in doc feeder and it grabs the paper by the corner and crinkles it. See she said, it still jams. I said you need to remove the staple from the corner of the paper first. she said, "i never had to before ! "
    Then I went to a lawyers office days later and mentioned the story to them just for kicks. Not good. I was asked not to come back again because i couldn't fix the jamming problem. I spent alot of time trying to see what was going on, made a few adjustments and left. Well come to find out from another tech, she did the same thing. staple in the paper, thought the copier removed it for them. I thought nobody could possibly think that.
    Good selling point for a salesperson," see it removes the staple too"
    oh and love it when people say, "you need a book" or "brought some help i see" especially in a school. Reply if you dare...Even teachers have aides. Or "hey a preacher uses a book or a teacher depending on where you are"
    Or here is one That just irritates me.... "Are we done yet" or "Are we getting closer""do we know how much longer it is going to be? I need to make a copy" We.. c'mon in a school. It's only me there, who in heck is we? I answer No we ain't yet. we might be awhile longer. Do you think we can wait a little bit,to make that copy?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    Or here is one That just irritates me.... "Are we done yet" or "Are we getting closer""do we know how much longer it is going to be? I need to make a copy" We.. c'mon in a school. It's only me there, who in heck is we? I answer No we ain't yet. we might be awhile longer. Do you think we can wait a little bit,to make that copy?
    Funny, I haven't noticed that so much lately. Have my clients gotten smarter?... or maybe I've learned to tune some 'noises' out.

Honestly, it seems like more and more of my clients are becoming a little more savvy to how complicated some equipment may be. Afterall, more and more are getting to know computers require service too.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    The worst operator issue I had was one where the customer called screaming that the machine was down and they "had to get this project done asap". Called and said I would be out in an hour and asked what is wrong. They replied that the machine was dead and they could not get it to work. Driving to the account I had to go by an accident that took out not one but two power poles (this was less then one block from the customer). Arriving at the site I found that the whole building was down as was the whole BLOCK. I asked when the machine went down and they said the same time as the lights and computers. I informed customer about the accident and that that is why the machine was in-operable at this time. And there was nothing I could do until the power was restored to the building. She got VERY irate and said she had a contract and if I could not fix the machine then I needed to replace it immediately. I instructed here to talk to my manager and gave her the number. (knowing she could not until the power came on again, just love the pbx systems). I told the manager about the situation on my cell. He was trying not to laugh when the lady called him and he asked if the copier was working again and told her that I must have fixed it it was working. By the way this was at a police station in the dispatcher office, you know where they dispatched the officers to the accident scene and called the power company to send a repair crew to fix it!!!
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    had one today at a doctor's office..customer called and said their little kyocera printer had a red light on it and it was "down" and would not work which was putting them in a bind.. showed up later and the light they were talkin about was for misfeed/paper tray empty..yep, ya guessed it.. outta damn paper...put paper in and customer printed off a hundred or so forms with no problem..while holding back the urge to strangle the hell outta somebody, all i kept thinking was, "thank god it's friday"..

That reminds me of a service call I took at a hospital. I had fixed the copier and was doing my paperwork. I noticed a surgeon come up to make a copy. Not thinking anything about it I continue with my paperwork and closing out my call. Five minutes passed and I again noticed the surgeon standing in front of the machine with a perplexed look on his face. I thought he must have needed help on programing his job. So I asked him if he need help and he said and I quote "How do I get this copier to make a copy? How about pushing the BIG GREEN BUTTON, THAT SAYS START!! This guy was actually a surgeon, I hope that I never have to meet him in an operating room!