47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama / Biden

24 51.06%
  • Romney / Ryan

23 48.94%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Who is GOING TO WIN the US Presidential Election

I think everyone in the copier business, from techs to sales had better hope Obama loses. I predict that if Obama wins equipment sales will fall off a cliff like they did in 08' as businesses cut back out of fear of the economy. Many in our industry will not survive.

If Romney wins you can expect an upturn in business as companies brieth a sigh of relief and start purchasing again for a little while.

Me, I'm preparing for the worst.

I could see that happening. I was trained by the Army to fix medical equipment. I have avoided getting into that business because of Obamacare. They will be taxing every new piece of medical equipment being made. With that in mind you know those businesses will do whatever they can to make up for that loss. At least in the copier business they are gonna need machines to pump out all the extra red tape bureaucratic triplicate forms for all the new regulations and crap.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Mita-Konica-Tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cccjjn View Post
    I think everyone in the copier business, from techs to sales had better hope Obama loses. I predict that if Obama wins equipment sales will fall off a cliff like they did in 08' as businesses cut back out of fear of the economy. Many in our industry will not survive.

If Romney wins you can expect an upturn in business as companies brieth a sigh of relief and start purchasing again for a little while.

Me, I'm preparing for the worst.
    You hit the nail on the head.... It's about tax policy...with Obama in office everybody's afraid to invest without knowing what the latest NEW tax he will try to pass down.... The other major issue is the multi-nationals are unable to bring their profits back into the US with 35% tax on every dollar.... There is Trillions of profits being held overseas waiting for investment opportunity's....

copiertech 500+ Posts

I freely admit that my political views are a little left of centre, however, I don't kid myself that one party is any more honest or any better than any other. They are all corrupt, with very few exceptions. The only time they show any interest is at election time. People who think politicians are concerned about their problems are living in a fantasy world.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

obama inherits.jpg

No caption needed !
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I could see that happening. I was trained by the Army to fix medical equipment. I have avoided getting into that business because of Obamacare. They will be taxing every new piece of medical equipment being made. With that in mind you know those businesses will do whatever they can to make up for that loss. At least in the copier business they are gonna need machines to pump out all the extra red tape bureaucratic triplicate forms for all the new regulations and crap.

Yeah, we really hate universal health care here in Canada. I would much rather have a hospital refuse to help me because I don't have health insurance because I couldn't afford it. That would be way better. (insert sarcastic tone here) lol

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Whoever the winner is, in 4 years, you can bet your ass that the other side will be campaigning on how bad of a job he's done and if you just put us back in office everything will work out fine...

PS for the next guy in office...please don't use the excuse " but look what we inherited" for the poor job you've done...Asking to be put in office, spending millions to do so, and pledging you have the right stuff to get the nation fixed does not fit my definition of inheriting something...last time I read the constitution, the current leaders offspring do not get the keys to the country shoud he/she pass away while in office. Emujo

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts robscopyr's Avatar

I have my hopes up that the American people will say enough to the Obamanites and the way that the economy has continued to decline. Don't get me wrong, I still do not believe that a TRUE leader has been presented to our nation that will guide us back to the correct path, but I DO believe that the Democrats will not be the party that WILL produce THAT leader.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Yeah, we really hate universal health care here in Canada. I would much rather have a hospital refuse to help me because I don't have health insurance because I couldn't afford it. That would be way better. (insert sarcastic tone here) lol
    in australia after a free stay in hospital they ring up and ask were the meals ok, could they do things better - bloody annoying (insert sarcastic tone here)

Michelle Obama gets my vote - hotter than a pie in hell

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Who is GOING TO WIN the US Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    Michelle Obama gets my vote - hotter than a pie in hell
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    in australia after a free stay in hospital they ring up and ask were the meals ok, could they do things better - bloody annoying (insert sarcastic tone here)
    Source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/

2012 estimates of life expectancy:
    #9 Australia @ 81.90 years
    #50 USA @ 78.49 years

2009 estimates of healthcare expenditures as a percentage of GDP:
    #2 USA @ 16.2% of GDP
    #45 Australia @ 8.5% of GDP

In other words, America spends a lot more to get a lot less. Can someone please remind me how we (in the USA) have "the greatest healthcare system in the world"?