47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama / Biden

24 51.06%
  • Romney / Ryan

23 48.94%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Who is GOING TO WIN the US Presidential Election

''The question should be,' What gender makes a perfect president?' '', by masterchief can form a very interesting topic for discussion & generate another interesting 'hot' debate. I therefore suggest that he starts it as a completely new thread.

Meanwhile having scrutinized Obama's ''END OF TERM 1 REPORT CARD'' as compiled by 'Ctrl-Alt-Del', I came to the conclusion that the man scored very highly by fulfilling the promises he made to the American people in his previous campaigns, and as per their party..(democrat's) manifesto, I suppose. In high school, he obama would automatically be promoted to the next class. His ''good 1st Term performance'' is not lost on the American people(I mean voters) who will, come this November 2012, come out in droves on the polling days to overwhelmingly vote again for Obama as their next president.

I am not a US citizen so I'm not eligible to vote, but the US being a Super power country, what takes place there, politically, economically & other developments has a bearing on the entire world. Hence our keen interest in the political developments there. We wish the people of America well in the coming polls.

Thumbs down Re: Who is GOING TO WIN the US Presidential Election

The big list OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD. ??? What. ???

You copied that one dude. I call bullshit on your list. And everything on that list is suppose to be good. ??

Hear are a few more to add to your list.

4.5 million jobs . BS.
    Golfs more than any president in history. Check.
    National debt higher than any time in history. And climbing. Whos going to pay for all your programs anyway?? Check
    Keeping Iran from getting to bomb. ? Another slick little spin there. Check.
    Can't meet with the Isreal PM but can go on Dave Letterman and the View. Very disrespectful to the only friends we have in the middle East. Check
    Bow to all the other leaders of the world.
    General motors is losing market share again. They might still claim Chapter 11? Oh and Obama didn't bail them out. The workers of this country did.More debt. Check.
    9/11 of this year 4 killed in Libiya . It was planned and the diplomat that was killed knew that they were in danger. They were not killed because of some stupid film negative to islam.

Romney ran companies that hired workers. Obama did not. All he knows how to do is tax and spend and then tax and spend somemore.

He has done ??? Not much really.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    The big list OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD. ??? What. ???You copied that one dude. I call bullshit on your list. And everything on that list is suppose to be good. ??Hear are a few more to add to your list.4.5 million jobs . BS.Golfs more than any president in history. Check. National debt higher than any time in history. And climbing. Whos going to pay for all your programs anyway?? CheckKeeping Iran from getting to bomb. ? Another slick little spin there. Check.Can't meet with the Isreal PM but can go on Dave Letterman and the View. Very disrespectful to the only friends we have in the middle East. CheckBow to all the other leaders of the world. General motors is losing market share again. They might still claim Chapter 11? Oh and Obama didn't bail them out. The workers of this country did.More debt. Check.9/11 of this year 4 killed in Libiya . It was planned and the diplomat that was killed knew that they were in danger. They were not killed because of some stupid film negative to islam. Romney ran companies that hired workers. Obama did not. All he knows how to do is tax and spend and then tax and spend somemore. He has done ??? Not much really.
    As I stated above, I am not an American citizen, so I will leave the details of the US economy & domestic policies to the US citizens themselves to argue on.But one thing I am very sure of is that Obama inherited an economy which was really in shambles, a mess created by Bush & his 'Texan Cowboys'. It is inconceivable for any right thinking mind to expect Obama to completely turn round the economy in a mere 4 years of his stay in power. On the contrary he needs all the support necessary to tackle that economic mess he inherited from his predecessor!As for the US foreign policy, I think it is 'FIXED', and regardless of who the occupant is on the CAPITAL HILL, be he Democrat or Republican it doesn't change! The Middle East is the center of world politics, the region being a hot bed of all that is considered good or bad in this world. Politics, economy, culture and Religion & Religious bigotry, extremism, name them. And this has been since time immemorial, at least for the last four thousand years of middle east history. No any president, party or country(be they super power or otherwise) can single handedly solve the Middle east problem. This has been proved by history. The hatred or antagonism between the Jews & Arabs is ETERNAL, just as the schism, bigotry, suspicion& intolerance between the Christians and Muslims. These are complex emotions which only need to be managed in order to ensure peaceful coexistence among the various groups. They are real eternal issues which cannot be wished away.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Who is GOING TO WIN the US Presidential Election

You copied that one dude. I call bullshit on your list. And everything on that list is suppose to be good. ??.
    While I may have done a little research (you should try it sometime) the list was not at all a "copy and paste". It would have had much better punctuation and format.

Golfs more than any president in history. Check.
    Uh huh, and Bush spent more time cutting back shrubs on his ranch than any President, and Clinton ate French Fries, BIG FUCKING DEAL

National debt higher than any time in history. And climbing. Whos going to pay for all your programs anyway?? Check
    While the debt is higher than we would all like it to be, you really need to stop blaming President Obama for all debt. Much of it is due to Bush programs that were never paid for or even accounted for in the budgeting process until President Obama took office and added it into the budget.

Iraq War - Not accounted for in any of GW Bush budgets - funded for as a non-budgeted emergency appropriation.
    Afghanistan War - Not accounted for in any of GW Bush budgets - funded for as a non-budgeted emergency appropriation.
    Medicare Part "D" - Not budgeted or paid for at all
    The Bush tax cuts - Not budgeted or paid for at all

Adding to the deficit: Bush vs. Obama - The Washington Post

Can't meet with the Isreal PM but can go on Dave Letterman and the View. Very disrespectful to the only friends we have in the middle East. Check
    I don't have enough time to explain why your statement is just silly but I will offer you a quick video of how Mitt Romney would handle the situation. BTW, he has publicly stated that he supports a two state solution but privately he said, "we kick the ball down the field and hope that ultimately, somehow, something will happen and resolve it."

Romney: 'There's Just No Way' To Achieve Middle East Peace | ThinkProgress

Bow to all the other leaders of the world.
    Oh no... He has used traditional greetings when meeting other world leaders. That is some really scary shit right there, he must be a Commie or something?

General motors is losing market share again. They might still claim Chapter 11? Oh and Obama didn't bail them out. The workers of this country did.More debt. Check.
    So are you saying we would be better off without the auto industry? Please note the author of the following article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/op...mney.html?_r=0

9/11 of this year 4 killed in Libiya . It was planned and the diplomat that was killed knew that they were in danger. They were not killed because of some stupid film negative to islam.
    Most of us (except the Romney campaign team) realized pretty early on the the Libyan Embassy attack was terrorism masked as outrage over the movie and while not a prefect situation the Republicans are trying to turn this into some sort of evil Obama plot and the only place it's getting any traction is with the GOP base, the rest of the world sees it for what it is, terrorism.

Romney ran companies that hired workers. Obama did not. All he knows how to do is tax and spend and then tax and spend somemore.
    This is a great story that everyone should read: Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital | Politics News | Rolling Stone

And BTW, Staples just closed 30 more stores - Staples Drops as Store Closures Not Enough to Help Results - NorthJersey.com

All he knows how to do is tax and spend and then tax and spend somemore.
    What do you think governments do. They tax and spend, do you think the money just grows on trees? Many have tried to spend without taxing and here we are.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Nice referances HMMMM all the leftwing media sources.. You keep drinking your koolaid and I'll keep drinking mine. When has goverment ever taken created a new beuracracy that did things better and more effiecently???? like obammacare??? NEVER !!! More goverment is never better goverment!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Nice referances HMMMM all the leftwing media sources.. You keep drinking your koolaid and I'll keep drinking mine. When has goverment ever taken created a new beuracracy that did things better and more effiecently???? like obammacare??? NEVER !!! More goverment is never better goverment!

Bla Bla Bla... are you saying the my "leftwing media sources" are incorrect, even the one that published the editorial written by Mitt Romney himself?

PS, I'm still waiting for someone to give me some specifics on how Mitt Romney is going to cut taxes AND cut the deficit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Who wins or loses is mute.

All politicians are just thieves and diodes, just looking to make themselves rich and make a name for themselves.
    They are nothing but used ANYTHING salesmen out to make the big score.
    Sales is sales and service is service.
    This is a frame of mind, not an ability.
    I suck at sales because I am too honest and I just want to take care of my customers as long as we both benefit.
    Politicians are just looking out for a bigger score.
    Just like a used ANYTHING salesman will BS and lie, just to make his money.

I look out for #1, otherwise I step in #2.

There are too many people in this country to accurately count votes, therefore I won't vote because my small contribution to my country no longer is heard or counted.

I recommend a signed piece of paper that is counted by people, not machines to register my vote.

It will put millions of people back to work for at least a short time.
    It will let people meet each other face to face and create new jobs or create a new small business between themselves, not to mention putting money back into our industry.

A pipe dream? Yes, I think so.
    The only thing keeping an average person from getting elected to any office is free money.

Bad day and just venting my $1.00 worth.
    Take it as you like.
    This is the reason I won't vote or register.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Well OK . I did do a little research.

Shot some Somali pirates in the face.
    Shot Osama Bin Ladin in the face.

I think Obama was about 15,000 miles away from that action??

And the Isreal PM at the UN the other day says Iran is going to have a bomb next year. He is pleading for some help to stop Iran. And you said Obama has stopped them. ?? Come on.

We don't agree on a lot of things. Bush and Obama. Both are good people. Both made mistakes.

This Iran thing is going to start WW3. What exactly is Obama doing to stop Iran?? WHAT???

The guy with the most "votes"
    Notatechie - "I am trying, but I don't know how to go into Service Mode. If I just go in and press *then 2, than 8, then * it does not do anything."
    SCREWTAPE - "Try harder.."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Whoever the winner is, in 4 years, you can bet your ass that the other side will be campaigning on how bad of a job he's done and if you just put us back in office everything will work out fine...

PS for the next guy in office...please don't use the excuse " but look what we inherited" for the poor job you've done...Asking to be put in office, spending millions to do so, and pledging you have the right stuff to get the nation fixed does not fit my definition of inheriting something...last time I read the constitution, the current leaders offspring do not get the keys to the country shoud he/she pass away while in office. Emujo
    DAG Said " As I stated above, I am not an American citizen, so I will leave the details of the US economy & domestic policies to the US citizens themselves to argue on.But one thing I am very sure of is that Obama inherited an economy which was really in shambles, a mess created by Bush & his 'Texan Cowboys'. It is inconceivable for any right thinking mind to expect Obama to completely turn round the economy in a mere 4 years of his stay in power. On the contrary he needs all the support necessary to tackle that economic mess he inherited from his predecessor! " OOPS !!!!!! Look at all the ' INHERITANCE COMMENTS ' . "

Since we are not doing the INHERITANCE THING .....obama did NOT inherit from BUSH....Bush did not inherit from Clinton ... etc .

Thank Goodness ! SOMEONE finally admits that Obama DID NOT INHERIT ALL HIS PROBLEMS FROM BUSH !
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .