Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: burned out

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: burned out

I revitalise with the usual immoral vises: wine , women and song.
    But then the alarm clock goes off and I realise all that wine, women and song was
    all a just a wishful dream...
    I then put one foot out of bed and then the other, and face the day all over again.

I do a spot of deep sea fishing when I can get out.
    I have adult children which keep me busy.
    I do a bit of workshop engineering from time to time.
    I do a bit of multi-media on my PC on rainy days.

My missus reconds I don't exercise enough any more. I gave her the options of changing my current exercise schedule into a "sexercise" schedule but she declined my reasonable offer. She just adds and extra pancake and syrup to the morning breakfast instead. Hey I say with the extra weight I'm putting on at least you will have more husband to cuddle.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician

After 11 years on the job i sometimes feel the burn out. But like others have said. I look back at the other jobs that I have had from machine operator on graveyard shift to gas attendant to dishwasher. I mainly do IT related work now for my company so that is a big motivator also my two kids, well you know they have to eat. My best suggestion for anyone that is really burned out is to better your self and try to make a change gradually to a better position.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The only time I ever really got burned out was when we had a school district for 3 years. Some days I would find myself staring at the tip of my flat head screwdriver, pondering how little pressure it would take to plunge it deep into my neck and end my suffering. Oh yes, and the district was so cash strapped the teachers brought their own paper. Maybe this Philips screwdriver would work better I pondered....
    For three long, long, so long years: the same schools, the same calls, the same idiots.
    The one thing I do miss is the copiers in the teacher lounges. It was great to listen to all the teachers talk about certain kids whom they all hated and often referred to as "lil bastards.
    Good times.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    burned out

It's such a unique and blessed career.

We go on stretches were we don't think we can't fix our way out of a paper bag. Want to quit.

Then we can spend two weeks cleaning slit glass, swapping IUs, changing feed tires and we're the hero.

And don't overlook the down time in our vehicles, and of course secretaries bending over to show us "where it jams" if you know what I mean.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Besides, as I have told people who ask about my job, it is the only job I have ever had where people have hugged me for showing up, and I have received a round of applause when I walked into a room.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Talking Re: burned out

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Besides, as I have told people who ask about my job, it is the only job I have ever had where people have hugged me for showing up, and I have received a round of applause when I walked into a room.
    i have never had this happen sadly enough; have been groveled too and one offer to get married after fixing the problem but never hugged........

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    the odd occassion its 'oh finally'; or 'what took you so long'................oh HELLO government worker!!!!!(shitkickers)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

I too have been there, then I think of my last few jobs, security guard, work for the big WM, unloading trucks in receving dept, btw, they unload one box at a time, by hand for the most part, I been in the copier business for going on 13 years now, and was looking, had a offer come my way, smaller dealer, one brand of machines, whole new outlook on it all..dont need nearly the car stock I used to carry, now I drive a PU truck again, and I love it.

been there done that with x-amount of brands. used to be a xerox dealer (thank god not anymore) and life is getting easier. still doesnt stop burning out but

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slybot View Post
    i have never had this happen sadly enough; have been groveled too and one offer to get married after fixing the problem but never hugged........

Sometimes it is not what you think. i am 6'1" 220 pounds and the one I remember was a soilder larger than be hugging me because he was so happy I showed up.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking