Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Re: A word to my Christina friends who are Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Then my opinion still applies, I just didn't reply to it directly. There's no place for it in politics and it should be omitted. Not to say I'm offended at the mention of the word God, but there are many others out there who are, and as an elected person of the public, one should try to remain visibly unaffiliated with any Pantheon. Not to say they shouldn't or don't have the right to practice, but more so the fact that the mention of it tends to lead things to be taken as an extreme, simply because Religion is a very sensitive topic for some.
    I understand what you mean. For me it was a matter of giving those Democrats i know of a heads up. Becasue many of them believe you can only BE a Christian if you are a Democrat.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

The way I see things are like this. If you are gay....ya know what...good for you...how do I feel about that...I don't hate you....I don't like you...Hell I don't know you....there is the point...me if I don't know you as a person I don't have a like or dislike opinion....I have a I don't care because you are not relevant to my life opinion...that goes for your race, religion, creed, color, etc...I don't judge anyone by any of this...I judge people by their character...you could be gay and one of the kindest, generous, polite, well mannered people around..chances are I'll like you as a person..or you could be gay and whine you are oppressed and victimized and I'll prolly not like you because you make an issue out of something that doesn't make you special....that goes for christians as well..I've met so many christians I deplore...not because they are christian...because they are horrible people, liars, thieves, scumbags, etc...and the worst ones are the ones who live totally immoral lifestyles and praise Jesus ever other minute...we had a young girl I served in the military with....drug addict, thief, liar, lazy, useless person that would go on about god and jesus all the time...I disliked her not due to her faith...I disliked her cuz she was a useless person who took advantage of other people...the religious part of the equation made me dislike her even more because she was such a hypocrit...if you are a good christian person you don't need to brag about it....shove it in other people's face and all that.....but that goes with any religion or belief....most all of them teach you to be a good decent human being...sadly a majority of people didn't quite catch that lesson...so basically what I try to explain to people...believe in what you want...be who you are....but first and foremost...be a good human being...then the rest of all that crap is irrelevant....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: A word to my Christina friends who are Democrats

Kidever

Why don't you run for president. I'd vote for you. You make a lot of sinse. That's just about how I feel about things.

I'm too honest, blunt, cynical, and sarcastic.....I'm not very empathetic either...my gf will tell you that one lol...I guess growing up kinda relying all on myself most the time has just taught me not to feel sorry for most people because most those people choose to be in the situation they are in about 95% of the time....I mean I help out those who I truly feel need help when I can...but there are a lot of people who are in bad places in their life because they choose to be there....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I too thought something else when I read Christina. Namely the Latina talk show host...
    christina.jpg
    This should give you an idea of the state of religion in this country. I little off topic, but still relevant and telling:

Amen.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I too thought something else when I read Christina. Namely the Latina talk show host...
    christina.jpg
    This should give you an idea of the state of religion in this country. I little off topic, but still relevant and telling:

Amen.

WOW!
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker