Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

A word to my Christina friends who are Democrats

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: A word to my Christina friends who are Democrats

At first I thought you had a lot of friends named Christina, then I realized it was a typo.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    At first I thought you had a lot of friends named Christina, then I realized it was a typo.
    Yes, and I don't seem to be able to edit it either. Hope you read the column.

Cdr. William Riker

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1 View Post
    Yes, and I don't seem to be able to edit it either. Hope you read the column.
    I did, interesting read although I honestly don't care about the topic. I'm a Canadian citizen and I don't vote.

I did, interesting read although I honestly don't care about the topic. I'm a Canadian citizen and I don't vote.
    That cool because that means it's not about you anyway. Your opinion would be apppreciated. Cheers!

Cdr. William Riker

I read it and I kept up with both the RNC and the DNC over the last 2 weeks. I am not a Democrat and I am not a Christian, but what I saw at both conventions when it came to their rules and platforms and the delegates votes is this. Both parties asked for votes on these and when they didn't get the vote they wanted they said screw the delegates and did what they wanted to anyway. I thought it was very heinous what they did but I was not shocked as it's typical bureaucratic procedure. I mean I wish my job was like government. Screw what my employer wants I'm gonna do whatever I want, make my own rules, and still get paid for it.

P.S. I did see the Christina typo and had a list of Christinas goin thru my head I'd like to be friends with....Applegate....Aguilera.....Ricci.....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I read it and I kept up with both the RNC and the DNC over the last 2 weeks. I am not a Democrat and I am not a Christian, but what I saw at both conventions when it came to their rules and platforms and the delegates votes is this. Both parties asked for votes on these and when they didn't get the vote they wanted they said screw the delegates and did what they wanted to anyway. I thought it was very heinous what they did but I was not shocked as it's typical bureaucratic procedure. I mean I wish my job was like government. Screw what my employer wants I'm gonna do whatever I want, make my own rules, and still get paid for it.

P.S. I did see the Christina typo and had a list of Christinas goin thru my head I'd like to be friends with....Applegate....Aguilera.....Ricci.....
    Hee,hee. Maybe that's not such a bad typo.

Cdr. William Riker

That cool because that means it's not about you anyway. Your opinion would be apppreciated. Cheers!
    Forgot to mention I'm not Christian either, also, there's a double "get" typo in your article that caught my eye's attention for a moment, and then another moment, and then another moment... I realized I was looping back and forth between blinks to "get get", then promptly smacked myself in the head and rebooted.

Not having watched either DNC or RNC but hearing about them on the satellite radio, I've only heard the funny stuff (Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair, what?) That being said, I'm of the opinion that Faith and Politics are too similar to exist in the same platform, much like how quantum physics are mostly only theoretical at this point, the two objects can not share the same space. One promises something from a physical figure and leaves everyone guessing if they did it or not, the other comes from an ancient scripture that promises something to leave everyone to wonder if it's real or not.

To bind faith to a political party is about as asinine as supporting a chicken restaurant for being homophobic... Sorry, "valuing traditional marriage". The day a politician can secure votes without using the G word is the day I'll breathe a little easier up North here.

I feel it necessary to mention I read all of your articles both for the content, and the controversy they spark between the rest of your fellow countrymen. Some people just need to develop a thicker skin and move on with their lives.

Forgot to mention I'm not Christian either, also, there's a double "get" typo in your article that caught my eye's attention for a moment, and then another moment, and then another moment... I realized I was looping back and forth between blinks to "get get", then promptly smacked myself in the head and rebooted.

Not having watched either DNC or RNC but hearing about them on the satellite radio, I've only heard the funny stuff (Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair, what?) That being said, I'm of the opinion that Faith and Politics are too similar to exist in the same platform, much like how quantum physics are mostly only theoretical at this point, the two objects can not share the same space. One promises something from a physical figure and leaves everyone guessing if they did it or not, the other comes from an ancient scripture that promises something to leave everyone to wonder if it's real or not.

To bind faith to a political party is about as asinine as supporting a chicken restaurant for being homophobic... Sorry, "valuing traditional marriage". The day a politician can secure votes without using the G word is the day I'll breathe a little easier up North here.

I feel it necessary to mention I read all of your articles both for the content, and the controversy they spark between the rest of your fellow countrymen. Some people just need to develop a thicker skin and move on with their lives.
    Well it really had to do with the attempt to omit it, like a trial balloon and then it getting smacked down.

Cdr. William Riker

Well it really had to do with the attempt to omit it, like a trial balloon and then it getting smacked down.
    Then my opinion still applies, I just didn't reply to it directly. There's no place for it in politics and it should be omitted. Not to say I'm offended at the mention of the word God, but there are many others out there who are, and as an elected person of the public, one should try to remain visibly unaffiliated with any Pantheon. Not to say they shouldn't or don't have the right to practice, but more so the fact that the mention of it tends to lead things to be taken as an extreme, simply because Religion is a very sensitive topic for some.