Ordered a new MFP FO 2081 from these LESS-ONS, (they don't qualify to be MORONS) that was bad straight out of the box. Fax not working. After fighting with them for a month to get a replacement board, it still won't fax.
I called to order a replacement machine that I will buy, just to get my customer off my ass, and I was told they would have to get the OK to ship me one. WTF!

Warranty is warranty. They will just send it back to their vendor and ask for replacement or credit. why is it such a battle with them for the same consideration.
If I wanted to be a d*%k, I would have just told them to replace the machine instead of trying to fix this one. After about 5 hours of research, checking firmware levels, troubleshooting and testing, it isn't worth my time to keep trying to fix this one when I only made $150.00 on the deal.

Wake up OLDWORLD, and pull your heads out of whatever orifice you are stuck in and try some good customer service.
Next time I will buy from Amazon. I will pay more, but I won't have to fight for warranty replacement.

Ahhhhh now I feel better.