Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: anti islam film

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    anti islam film

Re: anti islam film

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    civilized debate please no slagging off other countries or religions please
    Disclaimer, most people would call me an Atheist but I'm not even that organized. I'm not flaming you or any particular country or religion, I think they are all BS to some extent but that is a different conversation.

...I along with millions of others will watch the violence and think Islam is not a peace full religion and class all Muslim's as violent repressive people.
    Agreed, many would make that same incorrect assumption especially since there are groups of people, governments, and media organizations that exploit these violent images and selectively add commentary for their own political, ideological, and monetary gain. Just like most outrages, this is a manufactured outrage (see the link below)

...why call for a beheading or the angry demonstrations? asking the question why do you want to cut off somebodys head?
    Because this is what religions do, most of the big ones share the same book. Have you ever read Leviticus, Exodus, Genesis, or some of the other peaceful parts of the bible that talk about "an eye for an eye" or executing kids for talking-back or dragging your non-virgin bride over to you father-in-laws house so the entire village can stone her to death. And whatever you do, don't do anything on the Sabbath.

Salman Rushdie was on MSNBC earlier this week and had some great points on the subject, here is a link

The Last Word

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well there are good and bad in all faiths. But calling for the death of some person that makes a cartoon or a movie about Muhammad, Islam , Muslums, Jesus, Christains, Jews, Mormans. Etc. That is not right.

So if I burn the Koran you are going to want to protest and kill people but it's OK to burn the bible?? Put a cross with jesus in a jar of piss and that just fine. ?

Unfortunately It's in the middle East where most of the violence is centered. Not saying what religion that is. You guess.

And you all know that if Iran get's the A bomb forget about beheading, Israel is going up it a mushroom cloud.

If there is a GOD , Jehovah, or whatever you want to call him , do you think that he cares about a line . And on that side of the line you are this and on the other side of the line you are that. Hell no. If there is a maker he will be very disappointed with us .

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    How many Muslims in Pakistan or Afghanistan *haven't* blown up an embassy or tried to behead someone?

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for you to count.
    bit of a shit quote there! you have your head in the sand. Read the news or dont you look beyond your borders for what goes on in the world? Baying mobs being prevented from storming embassy compounds by the local police or army. As i said I stand by my question and ask what can justify wanting to cut off someones head. I live in a democracy not back in the dark ages oh and the remark about the british and dental hygene - when i said keep it civilised, oh forget it I wont bother as its gone over your head!

Hey Paul the manual pusher. Be careful. With that kind of comment you might get some rep points taken away. LOL.

Damn, I almost fell out of my chair. You and I agree on something. LOl.

Altho Pot Pol, Hitler, Stalin were not from the middle East. So the muslam world does not have a lock on killing.

Ya ctl-alt-del, what does dental higene have to do with anything.

I was watching David Letterman 1 night and there was this poll taken in England and the male population only change there underwear every 3 days. Let talk about that why don't we. ( joke)

Quote Originally Posted by fbkhan3 View Post
    Azhar Ahmed, if someone can be accused over fb status update,why not this one, if YouTube thinks holocaust materiel is inappropriate and remove it why not this one,why it's always double standards, i'm not justifying running over embassies and killing innocent ppl but yes the this thing should stopped and culprit should bring to the justice, Sorry i don't wanna be part of this conversation anymore, Regards

difference is there no calls to behead or stone the fb poster - if he wants to say that then thats his "right" if we like it or not thats up to the courts to determin if hes caused an offence. You say justice what justice are we talking about though, thats my point here. Whats happening in asia and the african continents is giving the world a view on islam that to many peace loving muslims is a distorted view of there faith.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Ya ctl-alt-del, what does dental higene have to do with anything.

I was watching David Letterman 1 night and there was this poll taken in England and the male population only change there underwear every 3 days. Let talk about that why don't we. ( joke)
    every 3 days? bullsh** once a week and then we turn them inside out!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    anti islam film

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Altho Pot Pol, Hitler, Stalin were not from the middle East. So the muslam world does not have a lock on killing.
    Good point, and even it you look at it from a strictly religious viewpoint the Jews, Romans, and Christians were killing people long before the various Muslim religions came along.

PS. The dental hygiene comment was good but it wasn't mine

I did a tour in Southern Iraq and for the most part the only time the Iraqi's got irritated with us....well it was more the Iraqi Police and Iraqi Army....they loved the chem lights we had for their checkpoints so when we rolled thru they'd yell for chem lights.....of course us being in the Army we had to mess with them now and then and would throw them the IR chem lights which when you pop them open don't do anything....unless you have some Night Vision Goggles....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Glad you said you were from England. I get tired of all the people in the world blaming the U.S. for all the trouble in the world.

Now what I would really like is to see the pictures of Kate Middleton topless. Nice looking girl there.