Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Impressions from Presidential Debate

Re: Impressions from Presidential Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    Wow, this is the first company I've heard of that Bain/Romney didn't loot and burn.
    548003_10151067291940911_1367100907_n.jpg
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hey Shadow1

Reading those companies that went out of business after spending billions of Obama tax payer $ makes me want to bang my head against the wall and fart also.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Looks like Staples is the only one he can be credited in the creation of, the rest were already established companies, weren't they?
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” (Isaac Asimov)

Looks like Staples is the only one he can be credited in the creation of, the rest were already established companies, weren't they?
    Lee Iacocca didn't create Ford or Chrysler but he did contribute to a lot of their success and failures....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Gee, I thought the point was about how bain contributed to success with their own / investors money vs. how Obama wasted MY money and "redistributed" it to his cronies.

Arguing with a liberal is akin to playing chess with a pigeon - It doesn't matter how good at chess you are, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around as if victorious.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Bain sells AMC to Chinese. This was a nice sale for AMC's owners, which include Bain Capital and several other private equity companies. AMC has a ton of debt, and has had difficulty paying that off. The company hasn't made a profit in the recent past, but this past year its financials improved on strong ticket sales.

What went wrong at Burger King? Burger King has insisted on offering $1 double cheeseburgers, hoping to make up the difference by selling fries and drinks. Not only did this enrage franchisees -- who own 90% of the chain's stores -- it also failed miserably. Franchisees filed a lawsuit against the company, complaining that they were being forced to sell burgers below cost and that Burger King was out to boost revenues at their expense in an effort to please Wall Street.

Oh yeah, the Creepy King was rolled out under Bain's watch as well.

Burlington under Bain. Look at the gross profit line, I'm not seeing the whole 'successful business' thing. Unless they're hiding income. But a good man like Romney wouldn't endorse that, right?

Bain & Clear Channel: This takeover has turned a company that formerly earned net income of nearly $1 billion into a money-loser (almost $4.7 billion in cumulative losses), resulted in thousands of layoffs, extracted millions in fixed management fees, and recently resulted in a multi-billion special dividend for the two PE owners paid for by highly risky borrowing.

Bain saddles Domino's with debt. Domino’s grew its revenues and earnings under Bain, but its debt also surged to $1.5 billion, leaving the chain with a higher debt ratio than most of its rivals, and interest payments that eat up half its profit each year. (And the pizza rated last in consumer taste tests.)

Dollars to Donuts: In 2010, Carlyle teamed up with Bain to take $500 million out of another takeover target: the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins. Dunkin' had to take out a $1.25 billion loan to pay a dividend to its new private equity owners ... for years to come, Dunkin' Donuts will have to sell about 2,011,834 small coffees every month – about $3.4 million – just to meet the interest payments on the loan it took out to pay Bain and Carlyle their little one-time dividend. And that doesn't include the principal on the loan, or the additional millions in debt that Dunkin' has to pay every year to get out from under the $2.4 billion in debt it's now saddled with after having the privilege of being taken over – with borrowed money – by the firm that Romney built.

Bain hits a sour note with Guitar Center: Guitar Center continues to operate in the red due to interest expense stemming from $1.4 billion in long-term debt incurred when Bain Capital took the company private in 2007. For the second quarter, interest expense of $41.3 million resulted in a $28.7 million loss. For the first six months, losses amounted to $44.9 million due to $82.5 million in interest expense.

I think I've covered enough by now to show that Romney hasn't built much since Staples. Oh, regarding Staples, Romney has been accused of fucking with stock valuations to tamper with divorce proceedings.

Gambling != producing.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” (Isaac Asimov)

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Gee, I thought the point was about how bain contributed to success with their own / investors money vs. how Obama wasted MY money and "redistributed" it to his cronies.

Arguing with a liberal is akin to playing chess with a pigeon - It doesn't matter how good at chess you are, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around as if victorious.
    Yeah 'cause no repulican has ever given $700,000,000,000 to the banks so they could pay bonuses.
    Oooooooooops. Maybe they did.
    A conservative will tell you everything is ok, cook the books, buy a Porche and drive away with all your money.

I think I've covered enough by now to show that Romney hasn't built much since Staples. Oh, regarding Staples, Romney has been accused of fucking with stock valuations to tamper with divorce proceedings.

Gambling != producing.
    Indited? Convicted? Not saying it couldn't possibly be true, but divorce is ugly - people make ugly accusations on both sides.

And are any of these companies in bankruptcy? Look at the broader market - EVERY company has had its share of troubles since the dems took over all of congress in 2k6. Bain acted in the best interest of its shareholders based on the info it had at the time, and they didn't do too bad a job considering how much worse things could have been - That's what corporations are supposed to do. It's what presidents are supposed to do as well - NOT blocking the Keystone pipeline and domestic oil production, but giving billions to other countries for oil production. There's many more examples - time to wake up, Obama has not been acting in our best interest.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I thought they both looked like mass debaters!!!!!!