Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandy storm

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sandy storm

Sandy storm

Just been watching on TV this terrible storm.
    I hope you people out there are all well.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sandy storm

Over 60 + killed in the Caribbean and another 30 + in the Northeast. It's a bitch.

Thanks for your concern.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sandy storm

Thumbs up Re: Sandy storm

I hope all you techs on the east coast get lots of calls and need lots of manuals working on wet copiers.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sandy storm

I'd hate to be caught in this storm, I feel bad for anyone who stayed.

Unless they were from the Jersey Shore. Hope all the spray tan and fake boobs helped the guidos and guidettes float!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sandy storm

I'm in Albany NY and we weathered well. Only saw one fallen tree, and there were some power lines down. But nothing like I've seen in other areas on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    Just been watching on TV this terrible storm.
    I hope you people out there are all well.
    A friend, 'vigor', emailed me an Online Link from the 'Daily Mail', one of the UK's highly respected & widely read Newspapers. The 'mail Online', contained lots of pictures of the ''Hurricane Sandy's'' aftermath. It was a real devastation by the Mighty force of nature!
    - My condolence to all those whose loved ones perished in this incident.
    - My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the victims of this Hurricane, who have lost their homes and other properties. And indeed to all the people of America! Although we are physically miles apart, yet we are united as a human family. We therefore understand and feel the pains you are going through right now.
    - Everything, we do know, happens for a purpose and for our own goodness, although this goodness may not be obvious to us at the moment. The timing is GOD'S! HE sends hardships on us in order to test us (& harden us), so that in the end HE may Bless us with GOOD THINGS. When HE closes one door, HE opens another one. The beauty of it all is that, HE cannot give us a test beyond our ability to endure, and HE keeps guiding us throughout the testing period! So keep your hopes high, your tears will be wiped!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sandy storm

Thumbs up Re: Sandy storm

We have a townhouse on the south shore of Long Island. We just finally heard from the tenant. Everything is fine, no damage except a fallen tree in the front yard that fell away from the house. Still no power there though. It'll mean it will be a better market to sell it in the spring according our plans.
    The tenant however, his ex-wife lives in his old house a few miles away, well he had 9 feet of water on the first floor of his house. He said there is furniture floating around.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    We have a townhouse on the south shore of Long Island. We just finally heard from the tenant. Everything is fine, no damage except a fallen tree in the front yard that fell away from the house. Still no power there though. It'll mean it will be a better market to sell it in the spring according our plans. The tenant however, his ex-wife lives in his old house a few miles away, well he had 9 feet of water on the first floor of his house. He said there is furniture floating around.Paul
    '' It will mean it will be A BETTER MARKET TO SELL it in the spring according to our plans.'' Extract from Paul's quote above. - That's precisely what I meant in my post. That everything happens for a purpose, and works for our own 'good', although this 'goodness' may not be obvious at the moment. BUT for Paul's case, above, this 'goodness' (better market to sell), has been INSTANTLY REALIZED. For him, like many others, I presume, the Hurricane has been a 'Blessing in disguise'.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sandy storm

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    '' It will mean it will be A BETTER MARKET TO SELL it in the spring according to our plans.'' Extract from Paul's quote above. - That's precisely what I meant in my post. That everything happens for a purpose, and works for our own 'good', although this 'goodness' may not be obvious at the moment. BUT for Paul's case, above, this 'goodness' (better market to sell), has been INSTANTLY REALIZED. For him, like many others, I presume, the Hurricane has been a 'Blessing in disguise'.
    You mean like how they can't promote a show promoting nothing but stupidity for the sake of stupidity? Not only was it cancelled by the networks, it was cancelled by nature too now. NO MORE JERSEY SHORE! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    We have a townhouse on the south shore of Long Island. We just finally heard from the tenant. Everything is fine, no damage except a fallen tree in the front yard that fell away from the house. Still no power there though. It'll mean it will be a better market to sell it in the spring according our plans.
    The tenant however, his ex-wife lives in his old house a few miles away, well he had 9 feet of water on the first floor of his house. He said there is furniture floating around.

Paul
    That's one way to get a water bed I suppose.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    You mean like how they can't promote a show promoting nothing but stupidity for the sake of stupidity? Not only was it cancelled by the networks, it was cancelled by nature too now. NO MORE JERSEY SHORE! Yay!That's one way to get a water bed I suppose.
    And that could mean 'Business' for the water bed sellers, I suppose?