Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Best Prank on Another Tech

I used to work as a designer of electronics and mechanics for a toy company. We had a tiny transformer for an electro-luminescent toy. Put out 1500V. at a tiny current. The shock was safe but hurt like a bitch. I soldered one of the leads to one side of a quarter and the other to a disc of copper, separated from the quarter by a piece of electrical tape. To hide the leads, I poked a hole in a piece of paper and laid the quarter on it. I hid the little transformer under the victims stuff on a desk and wrote on the paper "Here's the quarter I owe you." Then I just found a good place to watch. Boy, some people have no sense of humor.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Best Prank on Another Tech

I had 1 of my tech's that liked to F@#Z$K with my vehical. The usual stuff turn the heater on high in the summer/ AC in winter radio volume on high ect. I warned him several times. Then one day I was on an install that went 2 hours of OT. Got to the office found he messed with the wipers, The next day he got in 20 minutes before quitin' time and didn't lock his car and the windows were up. I waited till he was inside then I dropped a little stinker stink bomb in his car!!!! I've still got the voice mail from him complaining about the smell and how his kid got sick on the drive home... He does'nt f@#$k with me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

wow there is some vicious pranks
    going on here,i like it

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

One of the funniest practical jokes come from my old man.

He use to make laminations for tea an cake night at his ballroom dance class.
    The only thing different, instead of making the lamingtons out of cake squares
    he use to cut squares of foam rubber bed matting and roll them in chocolate and coconut.

The old fuddy-duddy snobbery at the dance class would hold their pinky finger in the air as they sipped their tea and try to eat these foam rubber lamingtons. Talk about laugh our @ss off with the expression on these peoples faces. Some people would actually go an put the lamington back on the table and grab something else.

I wish we had a mobile camera in those days.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    wow there is some vicious pranks
    going on here,i like it
    For myself it's not about getting even, it's about getting ahead!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We had a really cool manager (no that is not part the joke, he really was) that loved playing pranks on people - Filled one of the salespeople's trunk with packing peanuts, put an ad on Craig's list - "Riding lawnmower, free to good home, call xxx-xxx-xxxx...", and had the spare keys to our identical looking company service vehicles so he'd move them around in the parking lot when we had to come in for a meeting.

He finally got caught swapping my car and with the girl who does our training, and it was time to return the favor...

It's amazing how much aluminum foil and pallet wrap you can buy for $50.00 - I brought my son to the office with me one saturday and we had EVERYTHING wrapped - the phone on his desk including the cord, the pens IN his desk, even the stacks of paperwork (we were kind enough to use pallet wrap so he could see through it in case he needed to find something) We took everything off his bookshelf, wrapped it, put it back in exactly like it was, then pallet wrapped the shelf. When we moved his filing cabinet to wrap it we found a poker chip behind it left by the previous owner... wrapped it in foil and put it back exactly as it was. The only thing not covered was the picture of his wife on his desk, and we did foil the frame, just cut out for the picture. You get the idea - walk into his office, and you'd have absolutely no signal on your cell phone.

He was proud of that poker chip - had pictures of it up on his facebook page. Honestly I think he was proud of the whole job, because somebody thought enough of him to prank him really good. He'd complain / brag that it took him an hour and a half to take everything down, and I never did tell him it took me and my son almost 5 hours to put it up.

He spent months trying to figure out who did it... He called his wife to tell her about it and she asked who he pissed off recently - he started naming off all the people he pranked, and I honestly didn't know about half of them. Everybody in the office knew it was me, and it was hilarious watching him try to pick their brain - he'd say things like "They wrapped the poker chip! Had to be a female involved, nobody else could be that anal..." and I seriously thought about putting the "Office Decorating Supplies" on my expense report.

The joke was less than half the fun, watching him try to figure out who-dun-it was even better, and the whole thing is still legendary.

He lurks here on CTN... so "E.P." if you stumble across this thread, feel free to move back to MS - I got plenty more pranks
    73 DE W5SSJ

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    I had 1 of my tech's that liked to F@#Z$K with my vehical. The usual stuff turn the heater on high in the summer/ AC in winter radio volume on high ect. I warned him several times. Then one day I was on an install that went 2 hours of OT. Got to the office found he messed with the wipers, The next day he got in 20 minutes before quitin' time and didn't lock his car and the windows were up. I waited till he was inside then I dropped a little stinker stink bomb in his car!!!! I've still got the voice mail from him complaining about the smell and how his kid got sick on the drive home... He does'nt f@#$k with me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you have freezing temperatures there and he's going to stay put for a couple of hours, put some slices of baloney or cheese on his car's windshield when it is really cold outside.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    For myself it's not about getting even, it's about getting ahead!!!!!!!!!!
    you must be well ahead by now

hp mfp tech

geez guys...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

At the Canon dealership we had two guys who were constantly pranking each other. Here are the few that I know of:

- punch chads in the defroster, fan on high
    - vaseline on the wiper blades
    - axle grease on the underside of the door handles
    - radio on high, grease on the radio controls
    - writing mystery messages in hairspray on the hood or in reverse on the windshield, that can only be viewed in the rain

I'm glad it wasn't me. I'd have been pissed. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=