Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The first snowstorm of fall 2012! (at least around here)

The local weather report says there will be some big snow and wind here tomorrow. Somewhere between four to fourteen inches of snow, and up to thirty MPH wind speed (man, I wish the range for copier specs was that big, but as the saying goes: wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which hand gets filled up first (a vet from the U.S. part of the Korean war told me that back in the day, but there was one letter that was different then)).
    Anyway, to anybody west of here who had been through this storm already, hope you're doing OK. I'll be OK, while I still need to get gas for the snowblower, the good snow shovel is in the basement, and I've got my winter weather walking gear kit out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: The first snowstorm of fall 2012! (at least around here)

be safe keep warm

Service Manager 100+ Posts dbrownlee's Avatar

Around 08:45 Thursday Eastern Time. Coming down at a rate of 2 inches per hour right now. Not supposed to let up until Friday afternoon and winds are going to pick up to 40-50 mph. At least we go back to clear weather Saturday, roads should be pretty good for Christmas eve and day travel. Be safe everyone and Merry Christmas! I'm done til Wednesday morning if I survive today.

whoopsy20

Were in the middle of the snow storm already here in Green Bay, already have 4in on the ground and there calling for another 10-15 between now and 3am tomorrow along with 50mph winds, makes for a very interesting day, Im also a part time firefighter, all of us off duty guys got forced in due to all the accidents and have to go right back in as soon as im done here, going to be fun day with no sleep but this weather is what we wisconsin folk live for. Stay safe out there and have a happy holidays.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    The first snowstorm of fall 2012! (at least around here)

Here in Bugaha I had 8 to 9 inches this morning, with some lovely drifts from the 30 to 40 mph winds. My freakin aussie shepard went nuts in the snow.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Here in Bugaha I had 8 to 9 inches this morning, with some lovely drifts from the 30 to 40 mph winds. My freakin aussie shepard went nuts in the snow.
    I'll have to take a video of my Aussie in the snow (maybe tomorrow). He's nutzoid in it too!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Thanks, everyone. Hope Your days go safely as well.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    The local weather report says there will be some big snow and wind here tomorrow. Somewhere between four to fourteen inches of snow, and up to thirty MPH wind speed (man, I wish the range for copier specs was that big, but as the saying goes:

{random snip}

Yes the Global weather trends look like going crazy again.

While you guys are having freezing conditions on your side of the globe, we have the opposite here in Australia.We have been getting above normal temperatures here in the last week or so. According to the weather beauro the temperature has peaked at around 39deg(C) here which is two degrees above normal for this time of the year.
    We have airconditioners running continuously just to sleep at night. When these heat waves happen we usually get violent storms in the late afternoons. High winds and hail is quite common.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yes the Global weather trends look like going crazy again.

While you guys are having freezing conditions on your side of the globe, we have the opposite here in Australia.We have been getting above normal temperatures here in the last week or so. According to the weather beauro the temperature has peaked at around 39deg(C) here which is two degrees above normal for this time of the year.
    We have airconditioners running continuously just to sleep at night. When these heat waves happen we usually get violent storms in the late afternoons. High winds and hail is quite common.
    If my metric conversion is correct, 102 deg (F), that is extremely toasty. Stay cool and hydrated. And stay safe in those storms, when conditions are unusually hot here, a wise person keeps an eye to the sky for tornadoes, and has a clear path to the basement.
    Now, as I am just in from shoveling the driveway for the third and final time, please excuse me as I need to go kick myself in the butt for a while for not getting gas for the snowblower.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Boy! I feel for you guys, it's 10.00pm in Aus and about 30C, i'm in shorts, bare feet, sweat running out and suckin' on a beer - have a safe Christmas and all the best for the New Year.