Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: Do You Think Justmanuals.com would benefit with a Mobile App?

Sounds to me like your guy is trying to make some more money off ya.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

What about selling laptops or tablets pre-loaded with all the manuals and service utilities for a certain manufacturer? I'm sure that would be beneficial to someone who wants to start on their own.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    What about selling laptops or tablets pre-loaded with all the manuals and service utilities for a certain manufacturer? I'm sure that would be beneficial to someone who wants to start on their own.
    I could see were that would be an idea.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician

Smile Re: Do You Think Justmanuals.com would benefit with a Mobile App?

Hello,
    On a tablet the App would be great. Easier to operate than the PC.
    I am using a 10 inch netbook right now. At times it seems small.
    The only thing here, it is where you have to run some network or print controller troubleshooting and you need the laptop (for the NIC card). I would not carry a tablet and a laptop. And the tools and the vacuum and the spares.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Do You Think Justmanuals.com would benefit with a Mobile App?

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post

That might be a good idea but I don't want to get into the hardware business, too big of an investment.. I have a laptop that my bruddah gave me to sell for him and I'm not getting any hits on it. I've lowered the price on it from about $500 to $380 now as it is and I'm throwing in MS Office 2010 and 10 manuals. But maybe if I put all the Bizhub or Ricoh, HP or Lexmark manuals on it I could get rid of it. It's a brand new Toshiba laptop and it hasn't been registered with Toshiba yet. I would take it myself abut we already have a Dell laptop less than 2 years old. This one has a numeric keypad on it too which my Dell doesn't have.
    I think the idea of the flash drives is the way to go for the new manuals4you.com. They will be relatively expensive, but having the full set of say Ricoh or HP and Lexmark manuals on a single piece of hardware could be indespenseble (sp?) an independent to take to a job. I would send 2 drives to a customer, one for on the go and another one for a backup to be kept in a safe place in case some nitwit tech accidentally deleted a file or lost the drive itself. All I have to do is get off my lazy ass and get it done. That will be my 2nd New years resolution. I quit smoking ciggies last night. I took my pack and ran it under water and trashed it. I'm now smoking my electronic ciggie exclusively. So far so good, It's been 12 hours. I haven't smoked any pot since August but I'm hoping to get a little this month. I'll see how business goes. I seem to be ranting here. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Thank you and Happy and HEALTHY New year to all.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post

I quit smoking ciggies last night. I took my pack and ran it under water and trashed it. I'm now smoking my electronic ciggie exclusively. So far so good, It's been 12 hours.

Thank you and Happy and HEALTHY New year to all.

Hang in there, Paul, quiting cigs will probably be the hardest thing you can do. I didn't have the electronic substitute they have now when I quit - the gum helped me get through it.
    Happy New Year!!!
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I quit smoking ciggies last night. I took my pack and ran it under water and trashed it. I'm now smoking my electronic ciggie exclusively. So far so good, It's been 12 hours. I haven't smoked any pot since August but I'm hoping to get a little this month.
    Well done on the decision to give up smoking hun, hope you manage to stick to it, you'll feel miles better for it (and be significantly better off financially), I'm sure you don't need the pot either, it's no good for you x

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Well, pot is a different story. I feel that I need something to take the edge off sometimes, and since I don't drink a drop of alcohol (Except last night, where I had a little tequila and vodka). But for the past 10-15 years it was my habit to only smoke when we get into bed around 11 or 12, I like to play with it, unroll the leftover from the previous night, add a little more and re-roll it. and then I smoke maybe half a doobie or so. I rarely smoked out of the house unless we were going to a concert or a show or something. As someone famous once said " Everybodie's got something to hide except for me and my monkey"......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Well, pot is a different story. I feel that I need something to take the edge off sometimes, and since I don't drink a drop of alcohol (Except last night, where I had a little tequila and vodka). But for the past 10-15 years it was my habit to only smoke when we get into bed around 11 or 12, I like to play with it, unroll the leftover from the previous night, add a little more and re-roll it. and then I smoke maybe half a doobie or so. I rarely smoked out of the house unless we were going to a concert or a show or something. As someone famous once said " Everybodie's got something to hide except for me and my monkey"......
    I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't touch illegal drugs, I drink very little alcohol...
    I prefer other vices ;-) x

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, I don't touch illegal drugs, I drink very little alcohol...
    I prefer other vices ;-) x
    WTH...there are other vices???
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --