Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: Hey folks, you remember common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    All governments are going to take your money, if one says they will cut taxes they are lying. I prefer a government that give some back in the odd social program.
    YOU ARE CORRECT SIR !!!
    That's part of the problem ......... They take YOUR MONEY and place it in the ( as you called it ) odd social program.
    They don't want you to KEEP your own hard earned money, they want to give it to someone else ;
    themselves and someone too lazy to work for their own money.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Hey folks, you remember common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    YOU ARE CORRECT SIR !!!
    That's part of the problem ......... They take YOUR MONEY and place it in the ( as you called it ) odd social program.
    They don't want you to KEEP your own hard earned money, they want to give it to someone else ;
    As a Canadian who has 33% of my earnings cut from my paycheque routinely to give to welfare leeches, I can support this post.

Nothing more frustrating than having all that money taxed away for people who are too damn lazy to just get a job, and then for them to protest? For those who may have heard of the "Idle no more" protests here (I had a post in a different thread about it), the First Nations people are bitching that the chiefs are stealing all their millions of dollars in welfare money.

The entire point of my post lies after the final comma above... Solution? Make them work for their money for once in their lives. Someone else had followed my aforementioned post with a quip about park rangers putting up signs to inform the public not to feed the animals because they'll become dependent on the hand outs and won't be able to fend for themselves. Entirely relevant, and simultaneously hilarious.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    YOU ARE CORRECT SIR !!!
    The choices seem to be a government that taxes you and gives it to their rich buddies (conservative). Or a government that taxes you, gives it to their rich buddies and puts some into "the odd social program" (liberal).
    Either way they take your hard earned money. Which is worst?
    Sure there are people on social assistance who don't deserve it, but, there are a lot of them that do.
    I would rather my money be spent helping people in need and not just pissed away.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Hey folks, you remember common sense?

The solution is fairly simple except for politicians buying votes from the lazy with welfare handouts. It would be easy to make the welfare safety nets unpalatable to live on - for example: Food Stamps will only buy the VERY basic necessities - milk, eggs, flour, etc. ABSOLUTELY no "Luxury Foods" like steak, shrimp, beer, etc. You need to be able to live off of it, but really not want to.

Government housing will be 4 walls and a door - no A/C and heaters locked down to below 60F. You got a 50" flat screen TV, PS3, Xbox, and $1000 rims on your PimpMobile - we'll be happy to auction them off for you and apply it to your rent.

You want to live "The Good Life" get a job, you shouldn't be able to do it on my dime.
    73 DE W5SSJ

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    The solution is fairly simple except for politicians buying votes from the lazy with welfare handouts. It would be easy to make the welfare safety nets unpalatable to live on - for example: Food Stamps will only buy the VERY basic necessities - milk, eggs, flour, etc. ABSOLUTELY no "Luxury Foods" like steak, shrimp, beer, etc. You need to be able to live off of it, but really not want to.

Government housing will be 4 walls and a door - no A/C and heaters locked down to below 60F. You got a 50" flat screen TV, PS3, Xbox, and $1000 rims on your PimpMobile - we'll be happy to auction them off for you and apply it to your rent.

You want to live "The Good Life" get a job, you shouldn't be able to do it on my dime.

Damn Straight! Lets make them suffer! That's what Jesus would do. Because we all know that every single person who needs government assistance is a lazy worthless slob who wakes up in the morning trying to find ways to beat the system. Is there really any reason to be unemployed in this country? I mean if you open up the want adds of your paper, there must be tens of thousands of jobs listed. And after all, if a man has a family and is supporting them and his place of employment closes, and now he can't feed his family off of his new minimum wage job, isn't that his fault? Shouldn't people be able to predict their future when they are 18? I am with you Shadow1, if we turn off the AC, and cut back on food then they will get up off their lazy ass and walk across the road to that high paying job. Until then , lets make em suffer, because like you, I can't sleep at night thinking some welfare mother is living the high life in the projects.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking