Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Hey folks, you remember common sense?

Re: Hey folks, you remember common sense?

Well, looks like this is another topic added to the list of "topics that will surely lead to an intense debate, if not flame war", along with politics and religion.

Seems to me that, like those other topics, there's no way one camp will be able to convice the other camp that they're wrong.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, looks like this is another topic added to the list of "topics that will surely lead to an intense debate, if not flame war", along with politics and religion.

Seems to me that, like those other topics, there's no way one camp will be able to convice the other camp that they're wrong.

Which camp is wrong?
    See I am a 56 year old American and have neither been shot or shot at in all those years except for military training.
    Also I was raised in the South where all those dangerously ignorant people are supposed to live and still managed not to have lead flung at me. Isn't that amazing?
    The reason we won't agree with you is we know better through the depth of personal experience.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Yeah, you have one group of people blaming another group of people for something they had nothing to do with, that's just the way that it goes. Oh, well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    WRONG!!!!!!!
    'Splain to us why this is wrong. I saw the report, or rather the report of the report. Those kids were killed by handgun caliber ammo, not an AR15. So is it wrong because you haven't heard about it on the mainstream media? You know they're not going to say anything that interferes with their agenda, or says they might have reported something wrong before (even though many early reports did say the Bushmaster was found in the trunk of his car) Or is it wrong because you think you can go into a store in sandy hook and buy a military style assault rifle?

POPCORN!!!
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[U]

Why do Americans Like guns and shooting so much?.. It is like normal part of life..is it?

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    'Splain to us why this is wrong. I saw the report, or rather the report of the report. Those kids were killed by handgun caliber ammo, not an AR15. So is it wrong because you haven't heard about it on the mainstream media? You know they're not going to say anything that interferes with their agenda, or says they might have reported something wrong before (even though many early reports did say the Bushmaster was found in the trunk of his car) Or is it wrong because you think you can go into a store in sandy hook and buy a military style assault rifle
    It's wrong because it is wrong.

Setting the Record Straight: Adam Lanza Did use the Bushmaster AR-15 | RedState

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    POPCORN!!!
    CTNARGUE.jpg
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    So, again we have conflicting reports, but all reports say the AR was retrieved from his trunk... if you want to believe he stashed it there before pulling the trigger on himself, go for it. The conspiracy theorists have been laughin themselves into a coma over the media coverage here. I usually laugh at the conspiracy theorists, but in this case I've seen too much anti-gun media bias not to give them at least a nod.

Bottom line, no matter the weapon, it didn't shoot itself. And let's not forget the first step in this criminal's shooting spree was the criminal act of stealing these weapons - all of the gun grabber's proposed legislature wouldn't have done a thing to prevent this shooting.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Haven't read the entire post so I may be saying something that has already been said but; If this kid had used his car to run over and kill 26 people outside the school while the kids are waiting for the busses, would we be having a debate about banning cars? Or maybe just banning the type and size of car he used? We need to ban 1975 chevy impala's, they are too big and you don't need to be driving one. Of course not. The left/liberals/democrats in this country have their heads up their asses and wouldn't know common sense if it introduced itself to them. The gun did not kill those kids, the type of gun did not kill those kids and how many rounds are in a clip did not kill those kids. A mentally unstable young man killed those kids, period. He should have been in a mental institution but since the government has pretty much done away with them because they are politically incorrect and makes the person feel bad because he is not normal, you get what you get. And this kick they are on comparing the 2nd amendment to hunting has got to be the most assinine argument ever. The 2nd amendment was not designed with hunting in mind. It was designed at a time when a people were been oppressed and killed by the government because they wanted freedom from the anarchy and the framers of our constitution needed a way to make sure the people had a way to fight back if it ever happened again, pure and simple. There are so many other things in this country that have killed more people than all guns put together but you don't see them going after them do you. They are trying to take our guns for a reason and if you can't see that don't come knocking on my door for help when the poop hits the fan.
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

[QUOTE=Shadow1;337235]Freedom of speech is also a right, but you don't have the right to shout "Fire" in a crowded theater

Actually you do have the right to yell Fire in a theater but you will probably get arrested for causing a stampeed and arrested for any injuries that are caused by it. You won't get arrested for yelling fire.
    Testing 1-2-3, testing, testing. Is this thing on?