Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Re: Gun Control

DWise, quite an article there from a respected source. I will have to think on that one for awhile as they obviously know their guns.

Coming from the US military Special Operation Forces they have an obvious bias towards guns but also qualified understanding of the subject to which I can not hold a candle.

I would advance the arguement of today, what is up with the US 2nd amendment. People seem to want to take an extreme inerterpretation of an document that was written 250 years ago and apply it to today. Even the USA founding fathers said it should be reviewed every 20 years.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Exactly what tyrannical force do US citizens fear is going to overthrow the US govt anytime soon? The whole armed mlitia arguement is so 1800.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Exactly what tyrannical force do US citizens fear is going to overthrow the US govt anytime soon? The whole armed mlitia arguement is so 1800.

The Battle of Athens

Not the US Govt but Local Govt from 1946
    Yes that was almost 70 years ago but what is old saying
    Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well ServiceSales Guy.

All I can tell you is.

GROOVY BABY.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND.

Now I'm going to go kill something . LOL.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Ask a Jew who survived WWII Nazi Germany... if you can find one.

Now look at the startling similarity between Hitler and the policies coming from the liberals in Washington.

If that's not enough to convince you, just think what will happen when this system we have collapses. Many believe that is inevitable, since we're headed down the same road as other countries where it's already happened. Those who work for a living are being outnumbered by those who vote for a living, and when that collapses under its own weight I plan on being able to keep my family safe.
    73 DE W5SSJ

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Ask a Jew who survived WWII Nazi Germany... if you can find one.

Now look at the startling similarity between Hitler and the policies coming from the liberals in Washington.

If that's not enough to convince you, just think what will happen when this system we have collapses. Many believe that is inevitable, since we're headed down the same road as other countries where it's already happened. Those who work for a living are being outnumbered by those who vote for a living, and when that collapses under its own weight I plan on being able to keep my family safe.
    Hitler did not implement gun control in Germany. It had there for many years before he took over.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Come on Darren, Look at the Swiss. Every household has a so called Assult weapon. They have very little crime. Our city of Chicago has just about a total ban on guns and they just finish the Month of January with a terrible number of murders. It makes me sick of all the gang crap going on. that's the problem. Gangs and nut jobs. Not lawful folks.
    its the lawful folks having a bad day that stop the nation. I,m not sure if Hitler shot anyone, I think he had his educated sheep do that

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Come on Darren, Look at the Swiss. Every household has a so called Assult weapon. They have very little crime. Our city of Chicago has just about a total ban on guns and they just finish the Month of January with a terrible number of murders. It makes me sick of all the gang crap going on. that's the problem. Gangs and nut jobs. Not lawful folks.
    According to any info I can find, the Swiss have about half the number of guns than the US, per population, so I don't know how every household has an assault gun. You shouldn't make up stats. It just makes the rest of your argument look silly.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

here is a website that has statistics by country.

Gun Policy Facts and News

take a look and compare any countries that you are curious about. you must also account for the country's population when the statistics are calculated.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The Swiss males at the age of 20 are required to take military training and are issued a sig 550 assualt rifle. Fully auto. When they leave the service at age 30 they can turn in their rifle or keep it. If they wish to keep it then it is sent to the factory and is made semi auto only. Maybe it was a stretch to say every household had a gun. But just about all with males living in them do. The gun owner ship rate in their country is 45.7 for every 100 population. Here in the states it is about 85 per 100. They are 4th in the world. the article says there gun deaths are so low they don't keep stats.

This was from a Snopes article. Hope everything you read on the internet is true. LOl.

OK Darren , there you go.