Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Gun Control

This happened this weekend, in a nice neighborhood in my town.

Murder-suicide leaves Fayetteville police searching for answers :: WRAL.com

Shooter was a vet with PTSD, from 3 combat tours, didn't know the victims. Kind of sums up why I would think twice about knocking on someones door to complain.

I also found a police report stating a girl listing her address as the home on the other side of me, busted with her boyfriend stealing from a farm in another county. I am thinking crackheads, and that is the other side of gun ownership. I want them to think I would shoot them.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Living in here in the south, I assumed almost everyone is armed. This day in age it's common sense to not knock on peoples doors unannounced anywhere not just here in the US. I never answer the door if I don't know you or know you're coming by. I own a shotgun myself so If any shenanigans are tried it will not be a good out come for the trespasser..

They just passed an open carry law here in MS, it wasn't illegal it was already on the books(we have some lacks gun laws anyways). But it was clarified. But I'm not stupid, I would not walk around with a pistol on my hip. You're asking for trouble if you do. I would not leave my gun out open in the car either (some people do that and it is legal here). I saw couple months ago some people just pull over the side of the road and start shooting out into an empty field, I'm thinking why waste the ammo its rare these days? lol

As far as gun control, and I'm not a fan of this Ice T guy, but I like his take on it

::throws a couple pennies in the bucket::

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Phrag, you don't need to afraid. It is safe here. Very safe. Just stay out of some neighborhoods.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

"The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

People who don't believe in guns, or want them banned lack common sense. I pity them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Laws vary from state to state, but here in Mississippi we have what's know as "The Castle Doctrine" In other words, a man's home is his castle - if some one has broken into your home, or is on your property threatening you, it's a pretty good bet they don't have your best interests in mind - shoot first and ask questions later. As a result, we have an extremely low incidence of home invasions and the like as compared to someplace like Chicago, which has the strictest gun regulations in the US and the highest murder rate in the world.

In your bar scenario, again the laws vary from state to state - some states prohibit carry in a bar. Other states have found anybody prone to abusing a CCW in that instance would fail a background check to begin with (Yes, we do background checks in the us, and I've been checked for every gun I've purchased - even at gun shows. The problem is many of the things (mental issues) that should disqualify a person are not put on their FBI record because of HIPAA and ObamaCare) Other states have "Gunsligner" laws where you're allowed to carry whatever weapon you choose, so long as it's out in the open and not concealed. The theory being that an armed society is a polite society - and that could not be more true. If you're dumb enough to pick a bar fight with somebody packing a revolver on his hip, maybe you don't need to be part of the food chain anyway.

Think about classic justice - bad buy thinks about stealing some old lady's purse - he may get caught, the DA may prosecute, he may get convicted, and he likely won't even get a slap on the wrist. Not a deterrent - but the same scenario where that old lady can easily get a CCW permit, and she may pull a .357 and blow the would be mugger's a$$ away. I offer in evidence:

Attachment 19162

As for injured bystanders, time for a reality check - of the 2 groups of people who may be required to respond to criminal action with a firearm, Citizens and Police, one group has a national average wrongful shooting rate of 15%, the other group is somewhat less than 2% - who would you take guns away from? Your answer should have been the police, because they are the ones who pull the trigger in error seven and a half times more often than a citizen. Now, strictly comparing apples to apples, I would have to admit the police are put in more dangerous situations on a regular basis, and many of the citizen shootings are burglaries, so there's not much question if they should fire, but 750% is still quite a margin.
    couldn't agree more shadow1. Going back to the post on the first page regarding Tassie and martin Bryant, if we were able to carry guns down here in OZ and Tassie then its most likely the martin Bryant would not even have killed half of the people that he did as his ar$e would have been taken out big time. I just wish all of these anti gun do-gooders would think logically. GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE! PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE! If I took my car (not that I would) and drove like a complete nutter and run a whole pile of people over and kill them. Would everyone carry on about banning the car?? No I don't think so.

Just my thoughts.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Gun Control

All while gun sales are surging! Ain't that curious, doesn't fit the narrative......

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar
    Because It's all about politics... Both sides of the isle, along with the media(certain ones)driving the fear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well, well, well, we havent heard from our buddy salesserviceguy. He posted most of the junk here. So I know whats going on with him. New Brunswick , Canada, armed nut job saleserviceguy killing 6 people so far. 12 gauge shotgun and a sniper rifle. Canada is such a peaceful country. How could this happen. Only crazy people from the U.S. kill with guns. Here is another one for you. Salesserviceguy back in 1986 kills 20 people and is put in prison , escapes and kills 7 more. His real name is Adam Legere. Serviving life in Prison in Montreal. He must have escaped again tho.I'm not going to Canada. To violent.