Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 949505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Re: Gun Control

System of a Down had a good song berating America's Prison system, aptly named 'Prison Song.' It's a good listen.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The reason the prisons are crowded is because there is no punishment. Most prisons now are more like resort hotels. Let go back to the days of fifteen hour a day making gravel from boulders with a sledge hammer.
    I have to call bullshit on that one. Try watching a show called Lockup. But then again, I don't know what kind of resorts you stay at...

Last edited by fixthecopier; 07-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar
    I serviced some copiers inside a prison once.. It was NOT a resort by any stretch of means..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

I happened upon this photo ; and it reminded me that our choice to have a gun , if we so desire, is brought about by the freedom that has been bestowed upon us by our great Founding Fathers and our past and present United States Military .

A Good Weapon ...... A Good Partner .......
    Looks like a nice afternoon of just doing some target practice and enjoying each others' company .

Soldiers's Best Friend.jpg
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Gun Control

I actually had a brilliant epiphany sparking from the video game debate here a few days/weeks ago...

The gun control issue is exactly like the violence in video games issue. There is a (board/government) that certifies who is able to purchase the product, and then there are those who are willing to circumvent it for the benefit of another (straw purchases for guns/mother purchasing M rated game for 8 year old child). You then have the majority who are able to use the product responsibly and then a select few who often have underlying mental issues unable to distinguish that their actions are utterly reprehensible. This minority gets a hold of the product and goes on a shooting spree, killing innocents; the knee-jerk reaction is (video games/gun registration).

Weird how the only common factor between the two seems to never get discussed...

My 2 cents for the day, anyone got 3 more? I want to buy some dubble bubble gum.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Gun Control

I think the world would be a better place without guns; then we could finally focus on the important things, like sword fighting and learning how to kill a man with one punch.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Seems to be a better idea than arming teachers with guns.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Gun control takes aim at bad apple gun dealers who will sell to anyone to make a buck.

U.S. gun control group takes aim at 'bad apple' dealers - Yahoo News

"60 percent of guns used in crimes in the United States are sold by just 1 percent of gun dealers"

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Gun Control = The ability to Control your Weapon ...

Most Americans ( those of us actually born here in the USA ) are proud of our Military ; and have been since the days of our Founding Fathers and the War of Independence .
    Now that there is so much social media ... and selfie photos being the new craze ...................
    I happened upon a selfie sent from a very talented young woman to her boyfriend . Normal occurrence ; right ?
    This guy should be very proud of her ...

selfie.jpg
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .