Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Re: Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    Gun Control = The ability to Control your Weapon ...

Most Americans ( those of us actually born here in the USA ) are proud of our Military ; and have been since the days of our Founding Fathers and the War of Independence .
    Now that there is so much social media ... and selfie photos being the new craze ...................
    I happened upon a selfie sent from a very talented young woman to her boyfriend . Normal occurrence ; right ?
    This guy should be very proud of her ...

Attachment 26553
    We Canadians are proud of our military as well. It is the cowards that send them off to get killed we aren't too fond of.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

"The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Gun Control

The police are (on average) "only" 9 minutes away. Lot's of badness can happen in those 9 minutes.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    The police are (on average) "only" 9 minutes away. Lot's of badness can happen in those 9 minutes.
    Rural RCMP officers here are sometimes a whole hour+ flight away. Scary thought... I've heard stories from the officers about how they've had to tell people to wait while they fly up, to try to barricade themselves in their rooms or somewhere isolated to stay as safe as possible for as long as possible.

Now that's a scary thought... I also found out that those guys make upwards of 200-400k a year. I still couldn't justify going that rural for money though...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

That's why typically rural peoples are typically armed. Not just an "attitude" thing, but because the police are further to respond.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Gun Control

Different story up here. People still are only likely to have a hunting rifle or two and whatever knives etc., they can get their hands on, depending on how rural we're talking. Anyone but an RCMP officer having a handgun in this area is considered dangerous, simply because handguns don't float around here with the same quantity as our neighbour to the south. It's not to say it doesn't happen, but it's maybe a once a year instance at most in some places. Hunting rifles are in abundance, particularly because of the status cards that permit people of certain ethnic backgrounds to hunt all year round regardless of permits etc.

Further exceptions apply when you're dealing with the level of rural I'm talking about, where the only way into the community is by plane. They tend to be a little extra strict about guns traveling to reserves by plane here. That's the kind of rural to which I was referring.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

When I saw this .... I though of how true this statement is .

Canada.jpg
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Effective immediately, Canada bans all forms of Assault rifles. Owners must immediately discontinue their use and have two years to destroy them our export them out of the country.

Trudeau announces ban on 1,500 types of '''assault-style''' firearms — effective immediately | CBC News

AR-15s and all of its 1,500 shapes and sizes are now deemed illegal.

Starting today, licensed gun owners will no longer be allowed to sell, transport, import or use these sorts of weapons in this country.

"As of today, the market for assault weapons in Canada is closed," Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said. "Enough is enough. Banning these firearms will save Canadian lives."

"These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time," Trudeau said. "There is no use and no place for such weapons in Canada."
    While he acknowledged that most firearms owners are law-abiding citizens, he said hunters don't need this sort of firepower.

"You don't need an AR-15 to bring down a deer," he said.

The principal models being prohibited:

• M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
    • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
    • US Rifle M14
    • Vz58 rifle and CZ858 rifle
    • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
    • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
    • Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine
    • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbines and pistols
    • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series rifles

Today's ban does not cover handguns, the weapon of choice for gang members. Blair promised Friday to enact legislation down the line to give municipalities the power to ban these firearms.

Canada will pay these gun owners a $ amount, unknown at this time, to surrender these weapons to the Police.

The RCMP has confirmed that the Nova Scotia shooter used firearms obtained illegally in Canada and from U.S. sources to carry out his crimes. He was not licensed to own firearms.

I live about a 20 minute drive from one part of the largest mass murder scene in Canadian history.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Effective immediately, Canada bans all forms of Assault rifles. Owners must immediately discontinue their use and have two years to destroy them our export them out of the country.

Trudeau announces ban on 1,500 types of '''assault-style''' firearms — effective immediately | CBC News

Starting today, licensed gun owners will no longer be allowed to sell, transport, import or use these sorts of weapons in this country.

"As of today, the market for assault weapons in Canada is closed," Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said. "Enough is enough. Banning these firearms will save Canadian lives."

"These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time," Trudeau said. "There is no use and no place for such weapons in Canada."
    While he acknowledged that most firearms owners are law-abiding citizens, he said hunters don't need this sort of firepower.

• Ruger Mini-14 rifle
    • US Rifle M14

Today's ban does not cover handguns, the weapon of choice for gang members. Blair promised Friday to enact legislation down the line to give municipalities the power to ban these firearms.

Canada will pay these gun owners a $ amount, unknown at this time, to surrender these weapons to the Police.

The RCMP has confirmed that the Nova Scotia shooter used firearms obtained illegally in Canada and from U.S. sources to carry out his crimes. He was not licensed to own firearms.

I live about a 20 minute drive from one part of the largest mass murder scene in Canadian history.
    Yeah ask Australia how THEIR gun ban is working out for them.

No other cuntry has a Constitution like the USA's ..... the UN and lefties want us to give up ours..

BTW the AR-15 ( which doesn't stand for ASSAULT RIFLE ) is one of the most popular firearm for: Target/Hunting/Defense .. and yes MANY of we hunters DO use them to hunt: Deer-Feral Hogs-Coyotes-Cougars.
    In the USA we cannot have "Assault Rifles' for that classification is meant for MILITARY/LEO (full auto) Ar-15's and like semi-auto can only fire one round to one trigger pull. Bump Stocks are bullshit because they still need the trigger 'activated' by bumping the trigger into firing position .... same can be accomplished by hooking your thumb in your belt loop and firing your weapon.
    MOST accessories that politicians want to 'ban' DO NOT increase firing rate.. nor do the make a weapon 'silent' (reduce noise yes but not to levels you see on the 'follywood' movies.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

• Ruger Mini-14 rifle
    • US Rifle M14

Retired US military members seem to be a major supplier of illegal fire arms to Canada.