Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Give credit where it is due...

Re: Give credit where it is due...

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    Mass does not cause gravity, the greater the gravitational pull the more mass it attracts which therefore means the object tends to be larger, the problem is the theory breaks down when you get to black holes. The singularity that causes the black hole may only be a matter of millimeters across or a couple of miles so isn't very large compared to the gravitational pull it exerts.
    That's why I used the term "mass" instead of "size" - A black hole could be the size of a tennis ball and still have the mass of the moon, or sun or whatever.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I see no point in arguing, after all, the world is only about 4000 years old and all the old bones of mythical dinosaur creatures in the ground are an elaborate hoax...
    Ee...eh! The world only 4000 years old? No sir, it is much much older than this, research a little more. May be you mean the written history of man.

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Ee...eh! The world only 4000 years old? No sir, it is much much older than this
    Apparently not according to the Bible...
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Apparently not according to the Bible...
    So you know about or read the Bible also? That inspirational & indispensable book.

So you know about or read the Bible also? That inspirational & indispensable book.
    Although many atheists have read the Bible, I didn't. I enjoy science fiction, but not other types of fiction.
    Mascan42

Ibid

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

[QUOTE=DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS;339299]So you know about or read the Bible also? That inspirational & indispensable book.[/QUOTE

You will find most atheist know more about the Bible than those who profess to read it. That is a major reason we are atheist.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    Mass does not cause gravity, the greater the gravitational pull the more mass it attracts which therefore means the object tends to be larger, the problem is the theory breaks down when you get to black holes. The singularity that causes the black hole may only be a matter of millimeters across or a couple of miles so isn't very large compared to the gravitational pull it exerts.
    So what really is 'gravity' if mass doesn't cause 'gravity'?
    - Let us first define these terms, again only from elementary Physics:
    1- Mass is the QUANTITY of MATTER a body contains..(or contained in a body).
    2- Matter is ANYTHING that EXISTS and OCCUPY SPACE....(solid, liquid, gas or Air)
    3- Density is a ratio of the mass to volume, i.e mass/volume.
    4- GRAVITY is the FORCE that attracts objects in space towards one another, and that on earth pulls them towards the center of the planet.
    5- FORCE is an effect that causes things to move in a particular way i.e a push or a pull on a body. A product of mass & acceleration.

Note: Mass and Energy are ''one and the same''. Does gravitational force therefore exist independent of mass, or is it mass which causes it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Although many atheists have read the Bible, I didn't. I enjoy science fiction, but not other types of fiction.
    You are lacking guidance in life, get yourself a copy of that ''Life COMPASS''.

You are lacking guidance in life, get yourself a copy of that ''Life COMPASS''.
    I use GPS, thank you very much.
    Mascan42

Ibid

[QUOTE=fixthecopier;339304]
    So you know about or read the Bible also? That inspirational & indispensable book.[/QUOTE

You will find most atheist know more about the Bible than those who profess to read it. That is a major reason we are atheist.
    Hmmmmm! Now I know the 'major Reason' why you are atheist. You simply ''Know more ABOUT the Bible, BUT NOT the Bible itself. I wouldn't blame you for this, for there are many people like you the world over. The Bible need not only be read as a novel. It must be STUDIED and the principles in it put into practice. It is a LIVING BOOK and therefore we must get our inspiration and guidance from it. We must live by the words of GOD in it, the real compass to our life. Please kindly buy or get your own copy of the book, get someone knowledgeable in it to help you understand it, or better still join a local church or christian community nearest your area of residence and discover the power of the living GOD. I swear your life will never be the same again! And I will continue to pray for you always that you might see the light. Don't hesitate to PM anytime you need my help on this issue.