Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Give credit where it is due...

I had just replaced a fuser in a printer in a lawyers office and was in the next room working on the document feeder on one of the copiers when I heard her say "Praise Jesus, my printer is working again". I stuck my head in her door and ask"Praise who?" She looked at me a little surprised and then said "Thank You". The way I see it, if I Jesus could have fixed it, they wouldn't have paid me to do it.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Give credit where it is due...

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I had just replaced a fuser in a printer in a lawyers office and was in the next room working on the document feeder on one of the copiers when I heard her say "Praise Jesus, my printer is working again". I stuck my head in her door and ask"Praise who?" She looked at me a little surprised and then said "Thank You". The way I see it, if I Jesus could have fixed it, they wouldn't have paid me to do it.

Since almost every copier that sits at a church runs worse than average at best, I would be willing to say that (insert your preferred deities name here) has nothing to do with copiers, especially one in a lawyer's office.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Oh I can see the seen at the temple now: All the elder monks sitting around the machine, incense burning chanting in tongue's and the fuser is miraculessly not fixed!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It's really more of a mystical pagan ceremony, involving the drawing of blood from an unwilling technician to please the copier gods.

When the gods are pleased the copier can work again. Candles, incense? Not usually. Tools? Sure.
    See? Simple. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

funny if you woke up tomorrow with a big crowd of people outside your door calling for the mesiah. you will need a manager

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Visually there's not much difference between Holy Water and Silicone Oil.
    73 DE W5SSJ

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    funny if you woke up tomorrow with a big crowd of people outside your door calling for the mesiah. you will need a manager
    He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The Lawyer is right, according to her 'Belief system' it is God who provides for her needs day by day. She Being a devoted Christian I suppose, knows that "Jesus and the FATHER are ONE", and that's why she gave praise actually to the ''FATHER"...(meaning GOD), but through Jesus! When her printer was DOWN, her work work schedule was interrupted, and with it her source of Livelihood. She must have prayed to God to give her the money to repair the printer, i.e to pay you the tech who did the work. This prayer, according to the Christian doctrine MUST always be channeled through Jesus. And her prayers were answered. She got the money to pay for the spare and your labor! So why wouldn't she give praise to Jesus?...for even enabling the tech not only to respond to her call but also to travel safely, and fix the machine? Shouldn't you also really thank God for giving you that opportunity to do her work?

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    The Lawyer is right, according to her 'Belief system' it is God who provides for her needs day by day. She Being a devoted Christian I suppose, knows that "Jesus and the FATHER are ONE", and that's why she gave praise actually to the ''FATHER"...(meaning GOD), but through Jesus! When her printer was DOWN, her work work schedule was interrupted, and with it her source of Livelihood. She must have prayed to God to give her the money to repair the printer, i.e to pay you the tech who did the work. This prayer, according to the Christian doctrine MUST always be channeled through Jesus. And her prayers were answered. She got the money to pay for the spare and your labor! So why wouldn't she give praise to Jesus?...for even enabling the tech not only to respond to her call but also to travel safely, and fix the machine? Shouldn't you also really thank God for giving you that opportunity to do her work?
    *Crickets*
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post

Since you ask me a direct question, I will give you an answer. NO, I do not talk to , or beg favors from invisible nonexistent beings. Everything I have is because of me. Everything that happens to me, is my doing. I am where I am in life because of decisions I have made. When I do good deeds it is not because I fear an invisible man will throw me into a lake of fire. it is because doing good makes me feel good.

You see Dag, I am an atheist, and pretty much everybody else is also. When you speak of God, you speak of the Christian God. From the beginning of recorded history about 10,000 years ago in Syria, there is evidence that around 2850 Gods have been created by men. I do not believe in all 2850 of them and you do not believe in 2849 of them..

This should hopefully end the religious talk. I just was posting an amusing thing that happened.

BTW...Johnny Winter is God.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking