Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts

Re: indentured servants my ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    that we could post on this topic and it did not get ugly.......
    the conservatives in this country are associated with strong religious views, and they pretty much are doing everything they can to cut benefits to the poor so they can keep from raising taxes on the rich or cut back on weapons we don't need..

I couldnt agree with that more..

If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 1 john 3:17

I wish I could have reached through the Tv and slapped Rob Ryan when he said there was no return on any investment on the poor. I really get mad at conservatives who think they speak for christians, especially when they think their views are supported by the Bible. ..if they have no pity, how can the love of God be in them? Really, Glen Beck, Romney, Ryan, really? They don't speak for me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    indentured servants my ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    I couldnt agree with that more..

[/COLOR][/FONT]
    If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 1 john 3:17

I wish I could have reached through the Tv and slapped Rob Ryan when he said there was no return on any investment on the poor. I really get mad at conservatives who think they speak for christians, especially when they think their views are supported by the Bible. ..if they have no pity, how can the love of God be in them? Really, Glen Beck, Romney, Ryan, really? They don't speak for me.
    You sir, are a grade A jackass.

What the f does Glenn Beck have to do with Paul Ryan?

Are you just a moron?

Why should a politician "speak for you"? How about a politician who's f'king competent and doesn't spend us into hell and capitulate to Russia and Iran?

John Kerry (500mil) can run for POTUS botoxed on his f'n Yacht and no one says boo.

Dems can run every city into bankruptcy and keep minorities eating dog shit and "oh, well! looks like we need more anti-poverty funding!"

Morons like you ruin NY and CA then move to CO, UT and TX and repeat your idiotic decisions.

I hope you're the first dick on your block to lose your healthcare coverage.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I just don't see things in black and white (either they're extremely dumb or they can foresee the future). What I mean to say is that while they didn't have the technology, they were intelligent and could observe things and make deductions - just see how Erastothenes measured the earth's circumference around 200bc.
    The only thing Erastothenes and other scientists DON'T tell us is: ''Who determined how large the Earth's circumference and diameter should be!". AND by the same argument the earth's mass, correct distance from the sun, and its relative position & distance to other planets in the solar system. And as to why it should be only the earth out of the 8 planets to have life on it. We could go on & on & on with the questions which all demand serious answers.
    - The planetary system & by extension the universe is TOO ORDERLY arranged, ( This has been proved by Science, comrades) that it is inconceivable for any mind to imagine these things just came into existence by themselves and went ahead to arrange themselves in perfect planetary order, WITHOUT an Intelligent mind guiding & directing the process and the entire phenomenon!

Thank you mr.fixthecopier for initiating this debate. It has been quite educative & I am grateful to all those who participated in the debate to make it both lively and educative. I value all your contribution. This is not to say the thread has come to an end.
    - As to the issue of Jesus being a ''Liberal'' as raised by my friend fixthecopier, backed up with Biblical quotes. I can only say this: Many of Jesus' teaching were in parables. In most cases one needs to 'read between the lines' or analyze his words rather than take them literary. They had deeper meanings, and that is why Jesus was always on collision course with the Pharisees, Sadducee s and the Jewish authorities in general. They totally misunderstood not only his mission on earth but also his teachings..which they usually took literary.
    - Jesus himself while still on earth warned his followers to guard against the ''YEAST''of the pharisees.
    - He also warned them to beware of the many who will come and do many 'bad' things in his names.
    -I must confess I don't know much about the inner workings of your country's politics there, especially the conservative versus liberals 'business'. and really how much in 'Jesus's name the Conservatives can influence the passing of a national defense budget there. But the 'warning' from Jesus is clearly ''written on the wall'' for all to see.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    You sir, are a grade A jackass
    LOL, U Mad bro?
    What the f does Glenn Beck have to do with Paul Ryan?
    Simple, I have heard Glen Beck say in disgust "they want to take money from the rich and give it too the poor". I have also heard Ryan say "there is no return on any investment in the poor" Both of those peolpe fly in the face of my quote "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?" If you were able to read for comprehension though, you probably would have got that I was replying to this:
    the priority of the Conservative Party who are claiming to be the party of God.
    Which is why I said they don't speak for me. I never stated I whether I was Republican or Democrat. In fact I did not vote last election I was disgusted by the choices. Way to leap to a conclusion there, kid.

I think it says a lot about the quality of people here, that we could post on this topic and it did not get ugly.
    I hope you're the first dick on your block to lose your healthcare coverage.
    I agree fixthecopier....
    Last edited by Chameleon; 02-09-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    The only thing Erastothenes and other scientists DON'T tell us is: ''Who determined how large the Earth's circumference and diameter should be!".
    I really don't understand the need some people have to assign a creator to everything.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

You sir, are a grade A jackass.

Ain't that sweet?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Only if you could post the remaining pix of the tats also.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I really don't understand the need some people have to assign a creator to everything.
    But surely isn't that a logical question? The human mind is naturally inquisitive. There must always be a REASON for everything to be done or done.