Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts

Re: indentured servants my ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    To sum it up, a priest came up with the Big Bang Theory.
    I have no problem with the big bang theory, it fits with my theistic worldview. This isn't meant to be sarcastic but I'm curious how the big bang fits into an athiest worldview?

*gets on soapbox*
    I like discussing religion but I would never force my view on anyone. I think of it like discussing the toppings I like on pizza. I love banana peppers and could discuss why, but I respect someone who doesn't like them. They certainly have the right to discuss why and heck , might even state some facts why they don't. But it is no reason to get ugly about it. Unless I crossed a line and tried passing a law forcing people to get bananna peppers just because I like them. Which I wouldn't do.
    *gets off soapbox*

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    I have no problem with the big bang theory, it fits with my theistic worldview. This isn't meant to be sarcastic but I'm curious how the big bang fits into an athiest worldview?

*gets on soapbox*
    I like discussing religion but I would never force my view on anyone. I think of it like discussing the toppings I like on pizza. I love banana peppers and could discuss why, but I respect someone who doesn't like them. They certainly have the right to discuss why and heck , might even state some facts why they don't. But it is no reason to get ugly about it. Unless I crossed a line and tried passing a law forcing people to get bananna peppers just because I like them. Which I wouldn't do.
    *gets off soapbox*
    It floors me how scientists work. They come up with a conclusion and then work backwards to prove it. lol. When cops do this they call it profiling.
    Big Bang? Seriously? This is the best they could come up with? A huge explosion with nothing organic in it somehow creates life? Maybe it was God claping His hands. That sounds more plausible. Just saying.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post

*gets on soapbox*
    *gets off soapbox*

Ha Ha Ha , I know this thread will soon drive me ...well anyway, I am not really sure where you were going with that, but I guess I am the only one who sees the Irony Of almost every religious group in America, pushing creationism and calling scientific theory such as The Big Bang, "lies from the pit of hell", and then discover it was first thought of by a priest, is not only ironic, it is funny as hell.

relevant...Congressman draws fire for calling evolution, Big Bang

By the way, you should look at having a religion like having a penis. It is great you got one. It is fine to be proud of it. It is even OK to brag about it, once in a while...But don't wave it in my face. Don't assume everybody else needs to be exposed to it. Don't try to write laws with it, and please don't show up at the schools and start showing it to the kids.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    A "reason" is not the same as a "creative hand". The reason the earth goes around the sun is because it is pulled by the sun's gravity. and not because someone launched it around the sun.
    Well thanks for the correction in English. May be I should have used the word PURPOSE. English is only our official language here, we learn it in school. I am not like you, or 'debie1964,' a native speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Speaking on the Bible and about me never having read it, then this would definitely change that. I'm honestly considering ordering it!
    I told you! That book is a ''life compass'', you can't compare it with the GPS, without it I guess you would be living a life of 'emptiness'. Please hurry up & order one.

A glance at another site showed me something real obvious. Based on all the paintings that exist, the biggest miracle Jesus preformed, was being a white guy in the middle east.
    I understand the JEWS are NOT White, but 'OLIVE' skinned people.

Ha Ha Ha , I know this thread will soon drive me ...well anyway, I am not really sure where you were going with that, but I guess I am the only one who sees the Irony Of almost every religious group in America, pushing creationism and calling scientific theory such as The Big Bang, "lies from the pit of hell", and then discover it was first thought of by a priest, is not only ironic, it is funny as hell.

relevant...Congressman draws fire for calling evolution, Big Bang

By the way, you should look at having a religion like having a penis. It is great you got one. It is fine to be proud of it. It is even OK to brag about it, once in a while...But don't wave it in my face. Don't assume everybody else needs to be exposed to it. Don't try to write laws with it, and please don't show up at the schools and start showing it to the kids.
    Hey, mr. fixthecopier, woul you kindly tone down your language. Don't break your own rules...'' about the quality of people & debate not turning ugly''.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    It floors me how scientists work. They come up with a conclusion and then work backwards to prove it. lol. When cops do this they call it profiling.
    Big Bang? Seriously? This is the best they could come up with? A huge explosion with nothing organic in it somehow creates life? Maybe it was God claping His hands. That sounds more plausible. Just saying.
    I agree with Chameleon. The 'big bang' theory fits very well with my theistic world views too.

_ Let us look at it this way: Consider God as an Architect, a Grand Designer who using, his creative imagination comes with a grand design of the universe. A sort of 'BLUE PRINT'. He then brings together all the necessary elements or 'materials' necessary including the 'conditions' required to implement this design and build it into a Tangible object. Then 'gives the ORDER'.....''FIRE!'', OR 'PULLS THE TRIGGER!', then all of a sudden there's a large deafening explosion with the rumbling noise continuing, until each and every object is positioned in its rightful place and order, as per the Architect's plan and design! This is how I would explain the big bang theory to ordinary minds.
    _ In short I am saying that there's a hand of God even in that 'Big bang' theory.
    _ By the way a few years ago top scientists from all over the world were trying to conduct experiment to verify or' re-create' the big bang theory. It was at a site somewhere in Europe...Swiss Alps or somewhere around there. I don't remember now how far they have gone, I will try to Google to find out.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    indentured servants my ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Well thanks for the correction in English. May be I should have used the word PURPOSE. English is only our official language here, we learn it in school. I am not like you, or 'debie1964,' a native speaker.
    I am also not a native english speaker, so I understand your position.

Still, I'm still wondering why everything has to have a "purpose". It's like the age-old question "Why are we here?", well, I know I am here because my mum and dad had a jolly good time and roughly 9 months later I was born. That's the "Reason" why I'm here. The purpose? To live my life to the fullest, take care of my own and, if it can't be avoided, pay my taxes. That pretty much sums it.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    I agree with Chameleon. The 'big bang' theory fits very well with my theistic world views too.

_ Let us look at it this way: Consider God as an Architect, a Grand Designer who using, his creative imagination comes with a grand design of the universe. A sort of 'BLUE PRINT'. He then brings together all the necessary elements or 'materials' necessary including the 'conditions' required to implement this design and build it into a Tangible object. Then 'gives the ORDER'.....''FIRE!'', OR 'PULLS THE TRIGGER!', then all of a sudden there's a large deafening explosion with the rumbling noise continuing, until each and every object is positioned in its rightful place and order, as per the Architect's plan and design! This is how I would explain the big bang theory to ordinary minds.
    _ In short I am saying that there's a hand of God even in that 'Big bang' theory.
    _ By the way a few years ago top scientists from all over the world were trying to conduct experiment to verify or' re-create' the big bang theory. It was at a site somewhere in Europe...Swiss Alps or somewhere around there. I don't remember now how far they have gone, I will try to Google to find out.
    You're referring To the large hadron collider which has successfully re created the process if the initial Big Bang event.Also elements of this machine were manufactured by kyocera(Kyoto ceramics)true fact