Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    indentured servants my ass.....

Re: indentured servants my ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Known? Rights? Exactly how did we know this?
    Jerry Sansusky insists they were not hurt and this was a good thing. Who are you to say otherwise?
    Morals come from God. Anything you come up with is an opinion.
    If you're asking that question, you obviously don't understand the gravity of the situation and the misrepresentation of the bill. Are you saying you support Jerry Sansusky? Likewise, him saying they were not hurt and it was a good thing was his opinion, which is presently contrary to the law. The fact you seem to be advocating this inclines me to take my exit stage left as Blackcat and Fix have already done. This thread has finally been derailed with stupidity.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Re: indentured servants my ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    There are laws and fundamental morality present in most people
    Who put those there God or evolution? If the universe is some colossal accident and we are here merely by chance, there is no such thing as morals. There is no difference between shooting a rock and shooting a person. Murder? Who says so? If life is an accident any meaning attached to it is wishful thinking. Which is why I say evolution/atheism is morally bankrupt. I am not saying this to be mean, just being honest. It is your prerogative to create an illusion of meaning if you want to. But an accident has no meaning. Only if life was intentional does it have meaning.
    If animals had the chance to evolve the complex thought processes and communication methods that humans have, I'm sure they similarly would adopt beliefs and other methods to deal with the other animals that don't conform to their morals and laws..
    Wishful thinking. It's nice to know YOU have attached some meaning to adopted some set of values/ethics, whatever. I am not saying everyone is some monster that needs religion to keep them at bay, either. I am saying logically if we are an accident there is no difference between murder and eating.
    not advocating N.A.M.B.L.A.
    What will you say when society does? Yes, life is an accident but the meaning I attach to it more relevant than the meaning you attach to it?
    The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way is comparable to the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junkyard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein. -Fred Hoyle